Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kicking around the idea that we need to do a weekend trip to Lake Placid, NY. Something along the lines of head into town on Friday night, play Whiteface Golf Club on Saturday (http://www.whitefaceclubresort.com/club/golf/) and then Craig Wood (http://www.craigwoodgolfclub.com/) on Sunday on our way out of town. There also is 36 holes at the Lake Placid Golf Club (http://www.lakeplacidcp.com/golf.html), but I personally thought it was overrated and overpriced. I may also know someone who owns a hotel right in the village and I could check on getting a deal.

It'll be quite a haul for you guys west of Syracuse, but is anyone interested?

Edit: I'm also thinking this would happen some time in September.

I could be interested in a Friday round at Saratoga, then Lake Placid.

I've been there in October, and it's damn cold up there. September is a much better option

Timing as in September? I just kind of threw that out there as far enough away that people could plan for it. I think fall up there (October-ish) could be incredible, but it could also be under snow. Ha.

The Lake Placid Club is on the south side of the Village (basically right in town, but not the busy part); Craig Wood is less than 10 miles East of the Village; and the Whiteface Club would be about 20 miles outside of the Village. You (and Dean and I) could probably do a day trip (looks like a 2 hour drive for each of us) at the very least. And that is not something that needs to be ​planned.

late september or october could work for me, but it would be a day trip for sure, I can't afford hotels these days.

Timing as in September? I just kind of threw that out there as far enough away that people could plan for it. I think fall up there (October-ish) could be incredible, but it could also be under snow. Ha.

The Lake Placid Club is on the south side of the Village (basically right in town, but not the busy part); Craig Wood is less than 10 miles East of the Village; and the Whiteface Club would be about 20 miles outside of the Village. You (and Dean and I) could probably do a day trip (looks like a 2 hour drive for each of us) at the very least. And that is not something that needs to be ​planned.

September would be tough mostly if I get into gauntlet. I am going to buffalo for a quick weekend at the end of aug just as my last semester of school starts so squeezing in a few trips during sep would be a no go.

I could be interested in a Friday round at Saratoga, then Lake Placid.

I've been there in October, and it's damn cold up there. September is a much better option
Anything under 60 is too cold for you to golf :)

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

September would be tough mostly if I get into gauntlet. I am going to buffalo for a quick weekend at the end of aug just as my last semester of school starts so squeezing in a few trips during sep would be a no go.
End of August could work as long as it isn't Labor Day weekend.

I was more throwing it out there to see if anyone was interested. If enough people wanted to do it, we could then spitball the best time to do it.

I don't have many pictures, but here are a few from Craig Wood (my favorite course that I've played up there):

af3189a19a92f48d03b197a23d4a128b.jpg

2de34f005074e15336b37d7d0dd8f582.jpg

Have you ever played golf ABOVE the clouds?

be57341573378bb451a38301434ed259.jpg

e375820d785a7037da43b70fe77ac64e.jpg

September would be bad timing for me and I don't think I could swing it that month. October would be more doable but if it's bitter cold that might suck. But if September would work for others do it!

Not to rain on Pete's planning for an outing, but I am going to be home from 8/29 - 9/4.

I do want to get a round in at Ravenwood while I am there, but I am hoping to get at least another round in somewhere with anyone that is available during that week.

Not to rain on Pete's planning for an outing, but I am going to be home from 8/29 - 9/4.

I do want to get a round in at Ravenwood while I am there, but I am hoping to get at least another round in somewhere with anyone that is available during that week.
I'm in buddy.

End of August could work as long as it isn't Labor Day weekend.

I was more throwing it out there to see if anyone was interested. If enough people wanted to do it, we could then spitball the best time to do it.

Late aug is a no go...I'm literally getting I to buffalo early sat morning and doing some family stuff and have a wedding on sun 8/30 and leaving from the wedding and maybe even during the reception.

you guys figure out what works and if I can make it I will be there

No plans whatsoever buddy. If it's something people want to do, we could even move it to next summer.

I'd rather get a round in with you at Ravenwood.

No plans whatsoever buddy. If it's something people want to do, we could even move it to next summer.

I'd rather get a round in with you at Ravenwood.
Dibs on being apart of that foursome!

Dean keeps telling me that he wants to play Ravenwood, and 8/30 is the week before Labor Day, so I doubt he'll be camping, count me in, and him tentatively in (for what it's worth, my autocorrect changed tentatively to tentacles, and I considered leaving it that way…)

Dean keeps telling me that he wants to play Ravenwood, and 8/30 is the week before Labor Day, so I doubt he'll be camping, count me in, and him tentatively in (for what it's worth, my autocorrect changed tentatively to tentacles, and I considered leaving it that way…)
So much awesome at one gathering we may have to go out in 7 or 8 somes. I wouldn't mind riding with Dean screw you and Aaron. Hahahaha

I imagine there'd be a few MA guys who'd make the trip if you'd have us

So much awesome at one gathering we may have to go out in 7 or 8 somes. I wouldn't mind riding with Dean screw you and Aaron. Hahahaha
You can have him. I'm sick of him beating me with his 204 yard drives. (Not really…)

Did I hear Ravenwood?

Here we go again with the bromance foursome.
Hahaha I just said I'd rather play with Dean anyway! :alien: As long as I get a break from Maddog lol

You can have him. I'm sick of him beating me with his 204 yard drives. (Not really…)

Pete - they can be in the foursome in front of us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back