Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really...I thought it was a 2 week avatar bet but then I'm not really worried about those conditions anyways :alien:

from a pm prior to our match :
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by moosejaa
The pic and Avi and next THP tourney or get together sounds good.

See you Friday and safe travels!

I don't mind if you dont want to do it, but I thought this is was we agreed on.

from a pm prior to our match :
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by moosejaa
The pic and Avi and next THP tourney or get together sounds good.

See you Friday and safe travels!

I don't mind if you dont want to do it, but I thought this is was we agreed on.

You got it, I'll be wearing it in three(3) weeks then :)

Practice is underway for the year now that the weather is steady. 3 bogey, 1 birdie 74 today. 2 3-putts hurt me, and an approach that went 15 yards long which short-sided me gave me the 3rd bogey. It's just tough when I"m only getting one birdie when I'm like 115 out half the time though.

hey Guys!

3 weeks from Monday, I will be on my way back home from Binghamton after the cure event, and I was thinking about stopping in the Syracuse/Rochester area for a round if some of you guys are available.

any of you guys can make it?

I'm in

hey Guys!

3 weeks from Monday, I will be on my way back home from Binghamton after the cure event, and I was thinking about stopping in the Syracuse/Rochester area for a round if some of you guys are available.

any of you guys can make it?
Just give as much notice as you can and I will do my best to make it!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Had my best round ever at Brook-Lea today, managed to get around in 92. Loving those Bricgestone J-15s.

Had my best round ever at Brook-Lea today, managed to get around in 92. Loving those Bricgestone J-15s.

sounds like you have a great feel for your new sticks! congrats on pb at brooklea!!!!

that sounds like a fun foursome!

may 16th in the morning, where do you guys want to play?
The only course in that area that I played, I played with Jim, and that was Green Lakes State Park--and it was fantastic. Just make sure Jim has an extra belt in the cart.

Check out timber banks, Jack nicklaus design, should still be in early season rates

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

The only course in that area that I played, I played with Jim, and that was Green Lakes State Park--and it was fantastic. Just make sure Jim has an extra belt in the cart.

Belt? I don't need no stinkin' belt

Well I traded in a couple of old iron sets and picked up a new Callaway XR driver and matching 4 wood. Net cost about $200.

Of course I went right out to Brook-Lea for 9 holes and didn't miss a fairway. I wasn't keeping score but it would have been real close to a PB if I had.

Amazing what a difference technology can make.

Well I traded in a couple of old iron sets and picked up a new Callaway XR driver and matching 4 wood. Net cost about $200.

Of course I went right out to Brook-Lea for 9 holes and didn't miss a fairway. I wasn't keeping score but it would have been real close to a PB if I had.

Amazing what a difference technology can make.

glad you are plyaing well with the new sticks Jim!

Playing Arrowhead GC in Akron, NY this weekend with Ben(darkhelmet18). Don't think I've played here since I played with Jimmy and shot possibly my best round ever (80). Gonna play a little team high-low against a couple other regulars. Hope the weather forecast gets better.

Playing Arrowhead GC in Akron, NY this weekend with Ben(darkhelmet18). Don't think I've played here since I played with Jimmy and shot possibly my best round ever (80). Gonna play a little team high-low against a couple other regulars. Hope the weather forecast gets better.
How was it

How was it

A little damp, but the course was in nice shape. Shot 92. Left a lot of strokes out there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

A little damp, but the course was in nice shape. Shot 92. Left a lot of strokes out there.

At least you got out. I like arrowhead a lot.

At least you got out. I like arrowhead a lot.

Me too, was $40 which was more than I remember for the Spring. I had 6 penalty strokes through the first 11 holes though, lol!

I will be in Saratoga Springs the weekend after the Cure event and will be looking to go out for a round with my father in law, either Saturday, Sunday or Monday.

Based on location alone, I was thinking between Van Patten, Saratoga Lake or Saratoga Spa golf. do you locals have insight to help chosing the course?

We also have two open spots, let me know if you guys want to join us, it will most likely be an early morning round

I'm attending a wedding this Friday in Athens/Scotia, NY. Anyone have course suggestions in that area? Ideally, I need to find a place that has a decent locker room with showers, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.

I will be in Saratoga Springs the weekend after the Cure event and will be looking to go out for a round with my father in law, either Saturday, Sunday or Monday.

Based on location alone, I was thinking between Van Patten, Saratoga Lake or Saratoga Spa golf. do you locals have insight to help chosing the course?

We also have two open spots, let me know if you guys want to join us, it will most likely be an early morning round

The Lake is my home course, greens are OK right now, some tee boxes need some work. It's tighter than the other too, so if you are crooked off the tee, bring lots of balls.

Spa course is in really good shape, it's flat, kind of open. Nothing spectacular, but a good layout.

Van Patten, just not my favorite, and slightly over priced when you add in a cart. Huge greens which are normally in good shape.

I'd take a look at Fairways of Halfmoon too if I were you. Early season, but probably the best conditioned of the ones listed.

The Lake is my home course, greens are OK right now, some tee boxes need some work. It's tighter than the other too, so if you are crooked off the tee, bring lots of balls.

Spa course is in really good shape, it's flat, kind of open. Nothing spectacular, but a good layout.

Van Patten, just not my favorite, and slightly over priced when you add in a cart. Huge greens which are normally in good shape.

I'd take a look at Fairways of Halfmoon too if I were you. Early season, but probably the best conditioned of the ones listed.

Thanks Dean. I'll look at it.

Will you be attending the New England outing at Lyman in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back