Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

I've been hearing about a lot of green damage this year from the strange winter we had (freeze and thaws). My home course has several greens affected, and I know of another club that usually opens early that still hasn't opened because of damage. Anyone else?

Anyone been getting any golf in? Our league was supposed to start yesterday but we pushed it back a week due to the snowfall :mad:
My course has been open since Mid-March, but has some issues with the greens (see my last post). I've played one 18 and about five 9's so I can't complain too much.

I've been hearing about a lot of green damage this year from the strange winter we had (freeze and thaws). My home course has several greens affected, and I know of another club that usually opens early that still hasn't opened because of damage. Anyone else?

Haven't heard of any around here. When I played this week, the greens were slow, bumpy, and still had some aeration marks, but looked quite healthy. I should note I do not normally associate this course with healthy greens.

My course has been open since Mid-March, but has some issues with the greens (see my last post). I've played one 18 and about five 9's so I can't complain too much.

Which is your home course?

We pushed our league start back one week (next Wed). A few of us tried to play last Saturday but it literally started pouring while we were in parking lot. A couple guys had already paid actually and got rainchecks.

Got out for a few holes this morning. Sunny with temperatures in the low 40s and breezy. It was nice in the sun but cold with the wind.

Weekend looks pretty decent... should be able to finally play some golf! 💪

I have a tee time Sunday. it should be warmer than today or yesterday. And hopefully not as windy.

Got out for a few holes this morning. Sunny with temperatures in the low 40s and breezy. It was nice in the sun but cold with the wind.
Going out later for 9 supposed to be sunny and in the 50s lol its a heatwave. Nice tomorrow as well but probably a frost delay. Fortunately we have the second time Saturday and Sunday.

Going out later for 9 supposed to be sunny and in the 50s lol its a heatwave. Nice tomorrow as well but probably a frost delay. Fortunately we have the second time Saturday and Sunday.

The calendar says May, the weather says March. At least we're playing.

Same conditions but hitting the range instead. Just have enough time to fit it in before my next meeting

36 holes on the schedule for Saturday. First of my leagues double round weekends.

Eagle Crest has been consistently busy all week, that’s where I typically go for the range and practice greens. I still haven’t played a course yet but will soon.

Got my season pass for the year at Grover Cleveland today. Now the course just needs to open

Which is your home course?

We pushed our league start back one week (next Wed). A few of us tried to play last Saturday but it literally started pouring while we were in parking lot. A couple guys had already paid actually and got rainchecks.
Drumlins East. I hear Bellevue has the same problem.

Wife's out of town and I'm going for the full monty: 9 tonight, 18 tomorrow, 18 Sunday, and my 9 hole league on Monday. Should be pretty sore by Tuesday.

Looks like I'll be at Bellevue sometime in August for a tournament. Played it for the first time last year. Interesting course. :)

I think you're right. My son works @ Bellevue when he is home from college and he mentioned something the other day about course difficulties.

Looks like I'll be at Bellevue sometime in August for a tournament. Played it for the first time last year. Interesting course. :)
I used to be a member there. Not very long, but narrow and the greens are tricky and lightning fast. Great club.

Wife's out of town and I'm going for the full monty: 9 tonight, 18 tomorrow, 18 Sunday, and my 9 hole league on Monday. Should be pretty sore by Tuesday.

Should have the weather for it... enjoy and hit 'em well.

I used to be a member there. Not very long, but narrow and the greens are tricky and lightning fast. Great club.

Oh yeah. And the greens were dry that day. I have a video of me dropping a ball from about 2 feet high at the top of a 12" level on the 14th green and it rolled out 25 feet past the flag. Crazy fast. I watched two guys putt into the water.

Oh yeah. And the greens were dry that day. I have a video of me dropping a ball from about 2 feet high at the top of a 12" level on the 14th green and it rolled out 25 feet past the flag. Crazy fast. I watched two guys putt into the water.
Yeah, some holes you can't be above the pin. There used to be a senior tournament there in the 70's and 80's and I'm told Sam Snead was cursing up a storm for something similar on (I think) 3. Kind of a ridiculous hole, the only one I really don't like.

Up here in Rochester I havent played yet. We had two courses open mid March. The rest are mostly there but the weather being the weather has kept me off the course. Any nice days are already pre planned for other things (mostly home improvement).

Is anyone aware of a range/ course in the Albany or Saratoga area that has a flat fee for unlimited range time? I spend a lot of time at the range and would like to pay a flat fee for unlimited buckets.

Finally played 9 today.. just got home in fact. Felt like getting out of prison.

Have an 11:30 tee time for 18 tomorrow. Hooray for decent weather!!

Back