I also had to look up wet shaving. As another @Smiter country boy, when I grew up it was just called shaving. We may not be very good with that there new fangled technology - but boy can we keep a blade sharp and a family fed.

There is nothing like it - while I no guard clip my balding head and keep a beard - back in my early days it was all straight razor with a brush and an old coffee mug with some shaving soap.

Love wet shaving. Have a merkur de razor and always use feather blades. Currently working through a tub of sir hare shave soap. What's everyone's favorite aftershave lotion or balm? I need to pick up a new one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have nowhere near that collection, and since Covid hit I shave only when I look in the mirror and feel like I have to.

That said I can appreciate getting a straight razor into play.
(No intention of weird font).

Yeah, that's one of the first things that went out the window when the COVID hit, grooming! We're wearing masks, so why bother shaving! I thought about shaving for tomorrows round of golf, but it's supposed to be in the 90's and quite humid. I don't need to come off the course looking like a Ruby Throated Hummingbird because my neck is all inflamed from the sweat!

Love wet shaving. Have a merkur de razor and always use feather blades. Currently working through a tub of sir hare shave soap. What's everyone's favorite aftershave lotion or balm? I need to pick up a new one.

I currently use Pacific caffeinated after shave. It's minty and refreshing. Nothing special at all. I might be a bit weird though, I change shaving cream, after shave, deodorant all the time, I don't have a thing I stick with just never have. It's not even what's necessarily on sale, it is just whatever marketing catches my eye sometimes.

As long as it's not a "toxic masculinity" gilette... I gave up on them when they came out with that marketing campaign. "Shave off your toxic masculinity". Bah.(n) Way to offend your customer base gilette...:rolleyes:

I went to Harry's disposables now with Nivea shave gel.
I hear you, but there are a ton of great razors out there that are not Gillette. New and vintage. And I used to use Nivea shave "sensitive" gel. I found that Edge Shave Gel is much better than that. And all kinds of shave soaps and cremes (used in wet shaving) are way better than Edge Shave Gel.

Yeah, that's one of the first things that went out the window when the COVID hit, grooming! We're wearing masks, so why bother shaving! I thought about shaving for tomorrows round of golf, but it's supposed to be in the 90's and quite humid. I don't need to come off the course looking like a Ruby Throated Hummingbird because my neck is all inflamed from the sweat!
We're wearing masks, so why bother shaving!
^ They can see the sideburns areas. :)

I’m a traditional wet shaver. I have 5 DE razors, 2 SE razors, 1 shavette, and 1 straight razor (that hasn’t been used in years). I have really sensitive skin and traditional wet shaving is the only way I can prevent razor burn, ingrown hairs, and the itches on my face. The combination of razor, razor blade, brush, soap/cream, aftershave is honestly a highlight of my nightly routine. Screw that multi blade concoction and gel goo, and go retro.
Same for me. LIke somebody else said, "I used to have to shave. Now I get to shave." With super-sensitive skin you might try a pre-shave too. I use this. https://proraso-usa.com/products/preshave-cream-sensitive It really makes for a great base when you apply the soap/cream.

Clubman Pinaud. I've got all kinds of after shave but this is my favorite. It's got that old-time barber shop smell. And it's inexpensive! 16 ounces. Less than ten bucks. Free shipping. https://www.pharmapacks.com/products/clubman-pinaud-after-shave-lotion-16-oz

Depends on the mood but my two go-tos are clubman pinaud and Aqua Velva. Both make my skin feel fresh. I’ve tried fancier aftershaves but those two work the best for me.

I like the clubman but haven't used it in a few years. Went to the commissary to look for it, and they didn't have any, so picked up some other old standby, old spice.

I also had to look up wet shaving. As another @Smiter country boy, when I grew up it was just called shaving. We may not be very good with that there new fangled technology - but boy can we keep a blade sharp and a family fed.

There is nothing like it - while I no guard clip my balding head and keep a beard - back in my early days it was all straight razor with a brush and an old coffee mug with some shaving soap.
Well, its wet shaving as opposed to using an electric razor with no water, which is dry shaving. Some would even go so far as to say that traditional wet shaving (using a soap/cream, brush and a DE or straight razor), is very different from modern wet shaving, where you would use a canned foam/gel and a multi-blade cartidge razor.

I hear you, but there are a ton of great razors out there that are not Gillette. New and vintage. And I used to use Nivea shave "sensitive" gel. I found that Edge Shave Gel is much better than that. And all kinds of shave soaps and cremes (used in wet shaving) are way better than Edge Shave Gel.
Not to mention that if you dont have toxic masculinity, Gillette wasnt talking about you anyways and theres nothing to get offended by.

Some of us have been rocking the beard for years. LOL

Nah..... give me a disposable razor and the bar of soap in the shower and I'm good to go.
I sometimes go the Ivory bar soap and straight razor route when Im feeling like going really oldschool (like as in civil war days) but never a disposable. Once youve experienced a great shave with a quality razor and blade, shaving with a disosable is like shaving with a cheese grater.

Ive been using a DE razor for years now. After an initial investment (shaver, brush, mug) it really is pretty darn cheap. I can get 4-5 shaves off one feather blade. A box of 100 blades may cost $30. I shave about once a week (just the parts I dont want my beard to grow)

I have been rather lazy and using edge shave gel instead of working up a proper lather but once im settled in the new house, I intend to go back to a brush and mug set up.

DE shaving has really helped my razor burn/in grown hairs issue I used to get when using the Mach 3 cartridges.

Once in a while ill treat myself to a professional straight blade shave at the barber. its quite an experience!

Harry’s from Target works for me!
Shaving is something I HAVE to do, working in a hotel.
Not spending extra money and spending extra time on shaving

I used a safety razor as well when I shaved.. but then I gave up shaving and keep a beard and I clean up my neck with the bare buzzer. Maybecfir a formal event I'll take out the razor but I haven't in a couple years.

I did use it to shave my head one time and that felt great, but I was too lazy to maintain it every few days lol
This

I use a multiblade disposable, once or twice a week. I switched to Cremo a few years ago and will never use anything but a real cream again.

I ended up getting a pitbull skull shaver, 100% worth it since its easy to head shave in the shower every other day or so. And no razor burn or cuts

Due to working at home, I shave about 3X per week. Because of that growth, I use the latest Braun shaver E9 something, and then finish with a double edge razor. It's either that or I bleed.

Due to working at home, I shave about 3X per week. Because of that growth, I use the latest Braun shaver E9 something, and then finish with a double edge razor. It's either that or I bleed.
1629203183423.png

Pre-covid I used to shave every other day - I have a thick beard and noticed if I shaved every day I would occasionally get a really bad ingrown hair.

During COVID I grew a beard and honestly have more facial care products now than when I did when I was shaving.

I wet shave in the shower the neck line and "shape" the beard line on my cheeks.

As for trimming, I have a Norelco 5100 hair trimmer which is amazing.

Glad to find this topic, as I too am a member of Badger and Blade. I've been a double-edge shaver since I started shaving way back in the 1960's! I still have
the Gillette Fat Boy I bought in college, but since joining B and B, I've acquired a Slim Adjustable, a couple of Super Speeds, and an Edwin Jaeger 89. Before
I retired, I shaved every day of course, but now it's every other day. If I need a shave on that odd day, I may just run an electric over my face.....absolutely NO
COMPARISON though in the quality of that shave compared to a wet shave. I use either Proraso Red or one of several Stirling soaps that I have on hand. I
apply with a brush for great hot lather, then finish up with witch hazel when I'm finished.....

Back