What’s the next frontier in laser range finders

outlawx

23 GOAT Finley/ 24 WWGC Smooth criminal
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Have they tapped out all the technology you could possibly add to a laser range finder?
What could you possibly add to a finder that isn’t already available or is there something you wish was added?

Have they tapped out all the technology you could possibly add to a laser range finder?
What could you possibly add to a finder that isn’t already available or is there something you wish was added?
I think shot scope has done a great job of adding just about anything and everything you'd want in a range finder. I'm not sure what else there is to add at this point?

Accessory "Death Ray" to be used when following or playing with an excessively deliberate player.
I was thinking Taser would be pretty cool. :ROFLMAO:

This is a good question

Especially since I'm staring at the Bushnell V6 Shift writeup and having trouble coming up with any reason to upgrade from V5 Shift...

I think adding a red dot laser beam would be cool to know exactly what you’re shooting… and to piss off other groups

Companies are already putting screens on them, I think that’s about as far as they could go and honestly as far we would need. The SL3 is a great example of a complete range finder

Probably not much. Their biggest issue is the inconvenience compared to today's watches with slope.

Definitely not tapped and we have seen that over the last year with all of the reviews on THP. From the integrated full color GPS of the SL3 to the speed and accuracy of the TL1.

Big things coming.

I would think that if they had a accessory (solar charged) that could be attached to the flag pin (similar to the reflectors), that would be accessible from satellite so your watch or rangefinder would receive the exact yardage almost instantaneously would be pretty cool. I am sure you could incorporate club data, shot tracking, etc. directly into your rangefinder which you can download to your computer or phone or iPad. I am sure the designers are always looking at new features, gotta innovate constantly.

I feel like these have kind of become a commodity. Sure buy a nice one when you need to replace yours but there isn’t much need in just upgrading them anymore.

Maybe a chime instead of a vibration when locking in the flag? GPS displays numbers to front and back of green as well as to pin?

I would appreciate more stabilization tech implementated across the board

Because of my shaky hands I often have to shoot my Bushnell three times to get the right distance

I know Nikon's top of the line rangefinder has this feature but it needs to be put into more brands.

Because of my shaky hands I often have to shoot my Bushnell three times to get the right distance

I know Nikon's top of the line rangefinder has this feature but it needs to be put into more brands.
I agree, my hands shake a bit too. I don't care for GPS as I would need to put on reading glasses to see the data, then take them off, put them on, etc. And, if I am wearing sunglasses I would have take them off, put on the reading glasses, yada yada.

Nikon’s Stabilized Pro 2 is fantastic. A dozen or so guys at my club have one and besides being easy to lock on to flags for less than steady hands, it has an OLED multi colored display that is sharper and brighter than anything I’ve tried from Bushnell, Leupold, or Voice Caddie.

Idk. Maybe program, where the user inputs club info, and while the user is reading the yardage, it also shows which club to use for that distance. This from a clean, fairway lie.

The user would adjust from there, based on the ball's actual lie conditions.

This, if it's not already available.

I think Caddy Mode on the CUBE Rangefinder is the current gamechanger. Being able to laser two points and knowing the distance between them could be very helpful.

Nikon’s Stabilized Pro 2 is fantastic. A dozen or so guys at my club have one and besides being easy to lock on to flags for less than steady hands, it has an OLED multi colored display that is sharper and brighter than anything I’ve tried from Bushnell, Leupold, or Voice Caddie.

I may just look to get this one.

The last time I checked into it -- the Nikon has a soft case and no magnet which was a bummer. But those are relatively minor quibbles if it's the only image stabilization game in town.

I think Caddy Mode on the CUBE Rangefinder is the current gamechanger. Being able to laser two points and knowing the distance between them could be very helpful.
I like both stabilization and caddy mode, would be good to see those features on more rangefinders.

I've also debated on whether I'd prefer an internal rechargeable battery rather than the usual CR2 batteries, but there are upsides and downsides to that idea.

I’m sure they will figure out a way to sell you a subscription for features that are currently free.

Back