What’s your dexterity %

Golfers Anonymous

Just Decent
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Had a few things this year that left my dominant hand unusable for awhile over a few spurts and got me to thinking how’s everyone’s dexterity? Are you even split 50/50 closer to a 25/75 as a righty or in my case 2/98? Also curious to see if a middle of the road % leads to a better golfer or what you think?

I’d like to think I’m pretty average with it, but it’s…not good. I look like a baby duck trying to throw a ball if I try with my left hand.

I'm an edge case because I write left-handed and do almost everything else right-handed. But even so, my dexterity with the opposite hand is nowhere near 50/50 - if I try to write right-handed it looks like a second-grader, and if I try to golf/throw/bat, etc. left-handed it's a disaster.

Had a few things this year that left my dominant hand unusable for awhile over a few spurts and got me to thinking how’s everyone’s dexterity? Are you even split 50/50 closer to a 25/75 as a righty or in my case 2/98? Also curious to see if a middle of the road % leads to a better golfer or what you think?
I’m right there with you in that my left hand is really only there to hold things. Any fine motor skill action needs to be handled by the right.

Really good. I’m a lefty that does all of my sports right handed. I’d probably be better at sports if I’d done them with my dominant side.

Not good at all. I have some very awful left handed swings on video from where I was doing speed training in the summer it was the worst thing I’ve ever seen 🤣🤣

I cannot write or throw with my left either. My Grandpa and brother were both fully ambidextrous through. Grandpa even golfed both ways and kept a set of both left and right.

Not good at all. I have some very awful left handed swings on video from where I was doing speed training in the summer it was the worst thing I’ve ever seen 🤣🤣

I cannot write or throw with my left either. My Grandpa and brother were both fully ambidextrous through. Grandpa even golfed both ways and kept a set of both left and right.
I have friends who golf right-handed and putt left-handed (or vice-versa), but being able to play well from both sides of the ball is pretty amazing.

I have some cross dominance (mixed handedness). I eat and write left handed but play sports including throwing right handed. I type and text right handed and use a right handed mouse. I can’t play golf left handed.

60/40

I have friends who golf right-handed and putt left-handed (or vice-versa), but being able to play well from both sides of the ball is pretty amazing.
His preference was left and golfed quite well from that side. I think doing it right handed was more of a flex to rag on his buddies every so often. He wasn’t as good from that side but I have core memories of him taking money from guys at his club using his off hand.

My wife is purely 50/50. I’m probably much closer to 98/3

My wife is purely 50/50. I’m probably much closer to 98/3
Sassy Figure It Out GIF by CBS

The only thing I can do left handed even a little decently is swing a baseball bat. I could switch hit growing up no problem. Can’t do anything else though

60/40 maybe?

My left arm is there purely for ornamental reasons.

The only thing I can do left handed even a little decently is swing a baseball bat. I could switch hit growing up no problem. Can’t do anything else though
I can also hit left handed and I can play tennis both handed.

My left hand is just there to hold things and use a baseball glove. There is virtually no coordination in that thing.

Back