What’s your favorite putter?

I often kick myself for selling my original Bettinardi BB43. Might have to track one down on eBay. I do have an old Golfsmith “clone” of it that I may have to resurrect. And/or the Cleveland Soft HB 8c is very similar. Gonna need to roll one of those.

Always my newest one. :) Strangely, a plain head with no alignment marks has made it easier/more natural for me to aim correctly and make more putts.

IMG_0344.jpeg

@Jman “Darth Huey”

The sound, the feel, the roll…it’s my favorite putter I’ve ever played with.

79B87B81-83C4-4729-810A-DF4A49A0C069.jpeg
This one. An Odyssey O-Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 grip and a CounterCore 75g weight in the grip. I have two identically spec’ed and built putters. Have played other putters since, but keep coming back to this one.

The Edel Array putters and putter fitting for them will definitely happen this year.

My Ping Harwood.So much confidence with it.
Tempted to try a L.A.B putter tho.
Am I the only one that has messed with LAB putters and just hates how they feel?

I totally understand how they are superior broomstick putters, and I would use one if I putted that way, but otherwise I like to feel the "torque" and the weight of the toe moving through my path. I guess it gives me something to pivot around or to feel whether the face is opening or closing. The LAB putters don't have that at all. The Link is especially weird because you don't even have the moment arm extending backwards to give you any kind of feel. It's just, aim, back and through, but don't you dare change that face angle.

Cleveland “designed by” it was an 8802 style blade they made because they signed Ben Crenshaw.

Today, my 2022 Bettinardi Inovai 6.0. All time, probably the Odyssey Bird of Prey from a few years ago - loved the shape, loved the name, just couldn't get it to work consistently for me.

Evnroll ER2 Center Shaft with Gravity Grip. Probably best combo I have used quite sometime. I putt well with any type of putter but this combo works well for me. I’m a good lag putter but I do not make long putts enough. Ex:10-15ft.
With ER2CS in 3 weeks I’ve made more than I’ve made in year.
I guess it’s my favorite.

1cc5ed09d55d4ef89bf383fda7163e45.jpg

1d2fbceeebe7146994a8d134494b09dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson 8802

1. Prettiest - Scotty Putters of the late 90's, early 00s. I owned many ... unfortunate, because I traded or sold them

2. Best - LAB DF2 Original (I did not use it correctly on long, lagging putts but otherwise a very good although ugly putter

3. Best Now - on order LAB DF3

4. Still Deciding - Artisan Fang - need 5 more grams on each side. It is 340g, want 350g

I say the LAB has the most potential because I use a stroke that works with them. No use of arms, hands, or wrists - just one shoulder back then the other shoulder back. Only variation is the length of stroke.

I have a tendency to close the putter slightly if I don't remember to watch it. So the LAB relatively torque-free putters allow one to put a stroke on the ball without manipulation.

Evnroll ER2 Center Shaft with Gravity Grip. Probably best combo I have used quite sometime. I putt well with any type of putter but this combo works well for me. I’m a good lag putter but I do not make long putts enough. Ex:10-15ft.
With ER2CS in 3 weeks I’ve made more than I’ve made in year.
I guess it’s my favorite.

1cc5ed09d55d4ef89bf383fda7163e45.jpg

1d2fbceeebe7146994a8d134494b09dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See, I'm not the only one. LOL. Makes you wonder why they discontinued it

Scotty Newport 2 for show, Stroke Lab WH OG 7 for dough.
I am getting a new putter on Sunday. I am considering the Scotty Newport 2, or tri hot/white hot double wide.

On topic, my fave was my old Yes Callie blade putter.

Mizuno M Craft OMOI Type 1 in the Ion blue. I was getting some clubs regripped and messed around at the putting area. A guy there saw this one, lightly used, at the shop for less than half new. It was also the 35" version. I had been hitting some mallet putters and a guy there who was shopping for a putter for his own birthday handed me this and said "It seems you like weight. This one may work".

My putting control was the best it's ever been. I love this thing, and the blue head and fun cover also draws attention. Now I'm half tempted to replace my Cleveland RTX4 wedges with T24's!

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 5
Back