What’s Your Go To Angry-Golfer Move?

Pretty big fan of the club drop myself & I've been known to yell.

Lately though, just take pull off the flask to wash the memory away.

In my younger years, I was a club thrower. Tossed a LW into a tree once and it got stuck. I think I got it down. I've never thrown anything other than a ball or maybe a tee into the drink.

Nowadays, I'm not too sure. Maybe a.... "not THAT far right/left!" or "how in the hell did I do that?" or some other rhetorical sarcastic (I know, surprising that I use sarcasm) comment to myself.

I’ll say a four letter word that starts with one of two letters but been trying to limit that more. Usually turns into a loud and long “Ugh Mattyyyyyy!!!!!

I don't get angry at bad shots. I just laugh at myself

I usually have a standard head shake and make some weird comment to myself something of that nature.

Usually just a mellow "Nice shot fella, you Flipping suck" while laughing sarcastically

I reach deep into the foul language bag and insult myself for a few minutes.

I tend to get quiet when angry. So it generally just results in mumbling to myself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Kinda like Denis Lemieux, shame more than anger

I do that, I go to da cart, ya know. Two minutes by myself, ya know, and I feel shame ...

I reach deep into the foul language bag and insult myself for a few minutes.
I'm the same way. I can come up with some doozies as well. Some people look at me like "what did you just say?" Or others like @JohnSinVA just start laughing hysterically

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’ve been known to spit in trophy cups, rearrange the sand in a bunker with the club I just hit with, drag my feet on greens, and destroy them so the people behind me do just as bad as I do.

It depends on where I'm at on the tipping point. Sometimes it is as simple as "now, why did I do that?" or "oh, don't do that!" Other times I'm swinging the club angrily through the air. When I was a teen I would slam it at the ground, but I haven't done that in a LONG time. But when I am at the end of the rope it's usually a lot of profanities.

Just today, after about my 6th top of my driver, I let out a nice, relaxing, loud "F#$&!!"

Most times it's an "oh well after a bad shot but I've pulled a Bryson and Sergio in a sand trap last year. If you would have seen the trap 99% would have done the same thing. Never damaged a green.
Anger due to conditions comes from me working on a country club course during my teen years many moons ago. Nothing bothers me more than half ass course maintenance when I'm paying a good dollar to play the course.

Usually a clenched teeth mutter of "WTF Justin", and a death gripped pump fake axe chop at the turf with club in hand.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

A lot of GDs and that was horse sh*t!

“Let’s see you get out of this one”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is me.

01-30-16-song-drop-and-point.gif

also me.

12-06-14-reed-point.gif

And I've slapped the putter face with my hand a bunch of times. Always regret it because it's never soft hahaha

A disgusted club drop with a "come on Frank" or "you suck" type comment

Four letter words followed by a shot of rum to try to calm myself.

I used to throw temper tantrums and clubs in my younger days.
Now, I may let go of the club on the follow through behind me(occasionally) but usually a bad shot is followed by a sarcastic snicker and a "nice shot idiot".

Grab at my back and feign injury. Then I’ll blame my playing partners for being too silent during my swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id probably have to go with the Roy Mcavoy rant from Tin Cup: "My God, my swing feels like an unfolded lawn chair!"

I really try not to throw too bad of a temper tantrum. May act like I’m going to throw the club but never do...throw a couple curse words out and keep it moving.

Some self-deprecating comment

Back