What are the Muni's in your area charging these days?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We must all realize the term "expensive" is of course very relative to each person. Im asking cause well...Im actually annoyed my county is up again. weekends....$56 to walk (or 76 to ride) as a resident with the purchased res id. I feel thats a lot.

My county does have pretty good courses but they gotten too greedy and imo its gotten a bit out of hand imo. Increased tee times to 9 mins a few years ago and still upping the fees every year. My issue is that golf does real well in my county (it always has) and the greens fees not only funds all the golf related costs but then also feeds a lot of funds to other avenues of the muni parks department. Imo the parks are for all residences (and even non residences) so I take issue that those who golf have to bare a burden greater than everyone else.

My county is large and does contain a lot of upper middle and upper class wealth in many the areas. But not at all is it the entire county and there are a whole lot of less financially fortunate residents and this cost is pricing avid players of that status out or decreasing the amount of their participation. Its slowly becoming a bit more exclusive in that regard.

Anyway....what are your muni's up to charging these days?

Last edited:
44 to walk, 59 to ride for 18. 22 to walk, 35 to ride for 9.

I pay $60 a month for unlimited golf. It's $20 to rent a cart for 18 holes, but I walk all of my rounds. I know, we are very fortunate to have such a bargain in our area. I'd quit golf if I had to pay what some of you guys are paying for a round.

$60 for 18 riding at the nicer course.
$30 for 18 riding at the ok course.

Still over $100 for avg course

The municipal course I play is $29, on a weekday, with a cart.

Cheapest public course around me is $60 walking with several in the $70 range walking.

2 main courses I play are $50walk and $70 ride. One of them is basically unwalkable though.

43 to walk now and as it heats up I can get out for 17 to 20 bucks in the afternoons for 18 with a cart.

$46 or $69 to ride for the 5 Minneapolis muni courses. A players card for $69/year takes $10 off those prices. Annual pass to all 5 courses is $1849.

Weekends, $63 for 18, includes cart. Weekdays, $29 if walking, $42 riding.

Last year, we signed up for an annual program, unlimited golf, cart, range balls, 7-day access, for $1650 +tax up front That is going up to $2100 +tax when our membership expires. It is the best deal around!

We must all realize the term "expensive" is of course very relative to each person. Im asking cause well...Im actually annoyed my county is up again. weekends....$56 to walk (or 76 to ride) as a resident with the purchased res id. I feel thats a lot.

My county does have pretty good courses but they gotten too greedy and imo its gotten a bit out of hand imo. Increased tee times to 9 mins a few years ago and still upping the fees every year. My issue is that golf does real well in my county (it always has) and the greens fees not only funds all the golf related costs but then also feeds a lot of funds to other avenues of the muni parks department. Imo the parks are for all residences (and even non residences) so I take issue that those who golf have to bare a burden greater than everyone else.

My county is large and does contain a lot of upper middle and upper class wealth in many the areas. But not at all is it the entire county and there are a whole lot of less financially fortunate residents and this cost is pricing avid players of that status out or decreasing the amount of their participation. Its slowly becoming a bit more exclusive in that regard.

Anyway....what are your muni's up to charging these days?
Same in that profits from our muni golf courses fund other parkboard programs and that our rates have shot up the past few years. They've also gone up much more frequently than they ever had. Less expensive here than you're paying but it's all relative and we've definately all noticed it.

My 'home course' is the more expensive of our four muni options. Love the course. challenging, in great shape, and rated in the top 10 courses you can play in Missouri, no small feat considering Branson dominates the top half of our list.
As a patron plan member I pay 75% of the senior rates listed - so $23.25 walking/weekdays which is how I play it most of the time.
RCrates.PNG

I also play one of our cheaper options 10-20 times a year. An old Perry Maxwell design, much easier walk, can count on the greens being good.
Also at 75% of the listed senior rates which works out to $17.25 walking/weekdays.
bpsrates.PNG
The other two courses are even cheaper but so boring I rarely ever play them

Last edited:
50 tops. Riding mandatory on weekends.

Public Prepaid 72 weekends ; 50 weekdays

Weekday walking $21, Ride $35
Weekend walking $27, Ride $41. This is our cheapest course. Pinehills Golf Course

A really nice course is
Weekday $40 No walk option
Weekend $50. Stone Hedge Golf course

Weekends riding 18 is $45

Our county muni and the next county south I also play both charge around $45-55 rising 18 on weekends.

I am a senior so I pay less and tend to mainly play during the week. In our county we have two very nice courses, Pierce Lake and Leslie Park. For one of those youngsters still working, those two course's rates are about:

Weekday Walking: $25
Weekday Riding: $45
Weekend Walking: $40
Weekend Riding: $60

We have a chain of public parks, Huron Clinton Metro Parks, with half a dozen of them having 18 hole golf courses. Their rates tend to be quite a bit lower but the courses typically are just a notch lower in quality. In our county the Metro Park course costs $22-$24 walking depending on the day of the week and $34-$36 riding.

1713616129626.png

Alumni membership is $100/mo and cart program is $70/mo.

Niagara County regular rate is $15/21 for 9/18 holes on a weekday, plus $7/13 for riding. Add $2 per 9 on the weekend. Subtract $3 per 9 for senior or junior rate. There are also a variety of passes and punch cards to bring the rates down. It's not a particularly nice course, but the new GM keeps it in good condition and is gradually making improvements.

I buy a Player's Card every year for $200. It's good at both our local public courses. Both are owned by the city who controls the prices for locals.

I pay, with a cart, $22 for 9 holes. $32 for 18 at the older Boulder City course. This is a very mature course that has trees, and/or home owner's back yards lining every fairway. 90% of the locals play this course.

The longer course, Boulder Creek, I pay $42 for 9 holes, and $52 for 18 holes. Includes a cart, a hot dog, and soda. This is a more up scale course. Has three, 9 hole tracks. You are told where to start, but can pick your second 9 holes. Most of the non locals play here. You really need to stay in the fairway on this course.

Both courses include free range balls, and for every eight 9/18 holes played, I get an 18 hole round for free. Both offer a free short game practice area, putting greens, d-range.

Non locals, or those without a Player's Card pay an extra $25 per round at each course.

On weekends public courses are usually 70-80 CAD around here, at least the decent ones

Only one "muni" here, City owned and just reopened after a 2 year renovation.

$125 per round.

Yes, I am serious.

Back