What are you building? (Club style)

d8791643b36042a9abb4216cb0fd1fb2.jpg
f4b74046c8c38ccdbc1b1051bdb9b7e5.jpg

Next I think I'll strip all the paint fill off of the heads. The fully murdered out look will be awesome

Plenty of building planned for this coming weekend. Just received a set of 2006 Hogan Apex Edge irons in terrific condition. Going to pull the old Apex shafts and put in TT XP95's with Prosoft shaft inserts (because I'm an againg guy that doesn't want arthritis flare ups to sideline me for half the year like it did in 2014). Have some black with 2 red rings ferrules on the way to me to maintain the classic Hogan look. Also, a few other micellaneous building projects slated for the weekend.

Nothing crazy, just gotta throw some grips on my irons and reshaft my GW and 4i.

Just put some 3gen R.E.L's on the J40 Wedges. Secret grips lasted only a few rounds before the weights started flying off.

going to pull the grip off my Spider Ghost SI. Cut it down from 36.5 to either 35, or 34. Haven't decided yet. Will either throw the old grip back on, or if I play it at 34 will add a regular SS grip.

I vote 34", its a good length for you.

Grabbed a baffler XL 3W head and an Adams speedline S 3W shaft, So for a whopping $12 investment I am going to put them together and give it a try.

Grabbed a baffler XL 3W head and an Adams speedline S 3W shaft, So for a whopping $12 investment I am going to put them together and give it a try.
I think for $12 you made a good investment...it'll be fun if nothing else

This week I've reshafted a 3 iron with a prolaunch blue hybrid shaft and put a rip phenom 70 into my exotics xcg-7 beta driver.

Wilson FG Tour V2's with C Taper Lite shafts and Lamkin ILine grips. Just need the lime green ferrules to show:

d944da9b5d73183471498f8f23e1b662.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434482461564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434482461564.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Pulled a A flex Aldila nvs shaft and installed in the gf's 3 hybrid, hoping for higher launch and spin for her.

is there a way to get out tip weights? like the brass weights?

also if something is swing weighted at like a F does that mean lots more weight in the grip?

is there a way to get out tip weights? like the brass weights?

also if something is swing weighted at like a F does that mean lots more weight in the grip?
Heat, something pokey, lots of patience...

If a club swing weights at f something you could trick the scale by adding weight to the grip but then you are adding lots of weight to the total weight and will reduce swing speed and you may get tired near the end of round

Heat, something pokey, lots of patience...

If a club swing weights at f something you could trick the scale by adding weight to the grip but then you are adding lots of weight to the total weight and will reduce swing speed and you may get tired near the end of round
just needed a little more patience. thanks!

just needed a little more patience. thanks!
I always say if I ever pull a set of irons and all the tip weights come out without getting stuck in one of the heads, there's a good chance I'll win the lottery lol

I always say if I ever pull a set of irons and all the tip weights come out without getting stuck in one of the heads, there's a good chance I'll win the lottery lol
mine always get stuck in the shaft. never had one stuck in the head

Got new heads, new shafts, new grips, and new ferrules on route. I can't wait!

Did my first "major" clubwork (outside of regripping) this weekend.

I extended the shafts on my Speedblades.

I'm overwhelmingly cheap, so I made do with what I had around the house. Namely, I pulled the shafts from my old irons and made extensions. Epoxied them in place, then built up some cheap Black Widow grips I had laying around to a midsize diameter (six layers of painters' tape) and blew the grips on.

just finished building a small portable workbench that I can use outside on my patio or if I'm in a pinch my kitchen. Now to match some ferules and grips to my new bag.

It's time!!!

image.jpg1_zpsztqba0mb.jpg

image.jpg1_zpshahi2ork.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsgug53q3n.jpg

image.jpg3_zps0hladwzx.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsiwra3bhg.jpg

really been procrastinating on this, but finally bought some ferrules to put the Baffler XL 3W head and an Adams speedline ultra light shaft together. kind of excited to see what the outcome is. I am geussing its going to be stupid easy to launch as the head is something that is supposed to be easy and high launching, and the shaft is labeled as a high launch.

Just pulled Tour 90's out of V4's.

I've got a RIP Phenom on the way to me that I got in a trade and am going to try in my bio cell. I know I need to prep the adapter and shaft but haven't yet purchased any epoxy. I've done some searching on here and other sites as well and have read mixed reviews on whether there is any type of epoxy I could purchase at lowes instead of ordering and paying shipping on. I have no problem ordering some if needed but only need a very small amount and would be wasting any extra I have. Brampton 20/20 is what I had been looking at on ebay. Thanks for any help.

Back