What are you ordering - Clark’s Oyster Bar?

Bread.jpg

Table bread

Oysters.jpg

Dozen oysters. We got two of each (starting at 1PM and going clockwise): Eel Lake; Malpeque; Souris River; Poseidon; Moonstone; and Salt Pond. We liked the Malpeque and Poseidon the best. They didn't have Northern Belle today, @Mmaynard11.

louie.jpg

My FIL got the crab louie. Only complaint he had was too much dressing. Very fresh and light.

lobster.jpg

This was the second time I've had the lobster roll. It really is good. Went with the slaw this time and much better choice then their shoe string fries.

A few oysters and some Clark’s Cioppino.

View attachment 9155823

Table bread

View attachment 9155824

Dozen oysters. We got two of each (starting at 1PM and going clockwise): Eel Lake; Malpeque; Souris River; Poseidon; Moonstone; and Salt Pond. We liked the Malpeque and Poseidon the best. They didn't have Northern Belle today, @Mmaynard11.

View attachment 9155825

My FIL got the crab louie. Only complaint he had was too much dressing. Very fresh and light.

View attachment 9155826

This was the second time I've had the lobster roll. It really is good. Went with the slaw this time and much better choice then their shoe string fries.
Oh wow that looks delicious!

I wish I knew more about oysters, other than the fact that I really like them. In my younger days I could never imagine such a thing being possible. When I was still in the wine business, I had a winery owner/winemaker come to work the market. I tried to set up a tasting dinner with a restaurant that I called on, but the dates didn't work out. However, the restaurauteur loved the guy's wines and said he would love to treat us to dinner the evening that we would be in town.

Our first course was oysters. I don't remember the name of them, but the shells were quite long, and just slightly crescent shaped. The oysters were a battleship grey in color, and quite meaty. I had never seen an oyster like this in my life, so I watched my guest closely. He just sliced off a piece, added some condiment and ate it. OMG! These oysters were incredible! This was a high end restaurant, so I would guess that you can't find this kind of oyster just anywhere, but I wish that I could!

I wish I knew more about oysters, other than the fact that I really like them. In my younger days I could never imagine such a thing being possible. When I was still in the wine business, I had a winery owner/winemaker come to work the market. I tried to set up a tasting dinner with a restaurant that I called on, but the dates didn't work out. However, the restaurauteur loved the guy's wines and said he would love to treat us to dinner the evening that we would be in town.

Our first course was oysters. I don't remember the name of them, but the shells were quite long, and just slightly crescent shaped. The oysters were a battleship grey in color, and quite meaty. I had never seen an oyster like this in my life, so I watched my guest closely. He just sliced off a piece, added some condiment and ate it. OMG! These oysters were incredible! This was a high end restaurant, so I would guess that you can't find this kind of oyster just anywhere, but I wish that I could!
Oh most of the time I have no clue which oysters I’m eating unless someone recommends some to me.

Back