What are you reading?

Scribble

More balls to hit…
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Vanity 20
What are you reading right now? What book have you purchased that wait for the spine to be broken? It doesn’t need to be golf but I would hope there is some golf reading happening.

Last edited:
Currently I am reading Sons of Valor.

Me?
I have recently read Michael Lewis Playing to Win, Tom Coyne A Course called Ireland, Shackleford’s Golf Architecture for Normal People, Ray Floyd The Elements of Scoring. Now I’m in Jared Kenworthy Resilient Golf Improvement.
I have on Audible, Genghis Khan: The Making of a Modern World and Napoleon.
Shelved on Audible is Leonardo DaVinci, also The Epic Journey of Cabeza de Vaca.

Golf- I’m rereading Sieckmann short game book. Non golf The Three Body Problem.

Sieckmann is Morikawa’s coach right?

Im currently reading The Wilderness Warrior. Very interesting book on Teddy Roosevelt and his fight for conservation which gave rise to the National Park system.

If you want something different, look up books by Ross O'Carroll-Kelly. He is an Irish author and I saw one of his books when we were in Ireland and decided to try it. It's a little hard to read because of the accents (I cannot imagine trying to type it up as spell-check would be flagging every sentence) but it is some funny stuff. Totally different from the books I would normally read.
9781844886272-jacket-large.jpg

The one I have is Camino Royale and it doesn't look like it is available in the US yet. From the "About this book":
'The name's O'Carroll-Kelly. Ross O'Carroll-Kelly.'

As the great James Bond said, 'History isn't kind to men who play God.' How right the dude ended up being.

My secret double-life was finally catching up with me. Sorcha wanted a divorce. I was facing jail time for taking my orse out in a pub in Cork. And there was a very good chance that my sister-in-law's surrogate baby was actually mine?

One by one, all of the goys turned their backs on me.

Then came an unexpected plot twist. From beyond the grave, Fr Fehily - the M and the Q to our Leinster Schools Senior Cup-winning team - sent us all on one final mission . . .

To walk the Camino - or die trying!

It's, like, double oh fock!

Recently though, I have been going through the Jack Reacher by Lee Child series or the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn.

I have read almost every one of David Baldacci's books and am making my way through the Grisham books.

I also have read "The Martian" but also have on hand "Artemis" and "Hail Mary" by Andy Weir.

I recently read "A season on the Brink" about Bob Knight; "Killing Patton" by Bill O'Reilly; "Ba Ba Blacksheep" by a WW2 pilot in the Pacific; and I am currently reading "This Great Struggle" by Steven Woodworth. I have always been interesting in history and I just switched from WW2 to the Civil War. I have John Feinstein books about golf on my list to read next.

Morgan Cup Updates by THPers.

Also Journey of Souls by Michael Newton

Currently reading "Arcanum Unbound" by Brandon Sanderson. It's a collection of short stories that are sidebars from his other books in his Cosmere universe. I"m also listening to "Oathbringer" (same author) while I stand outside at football practices. I've been on a Jack Reacher kick lately and wanted to take a break after reading about 6 of them in a row. I will also read anything by Stuart Woods (or the ghost authors that are carrying on the stories of his main characters) as they are released...same with Robert B Parker.

3 Releases: The Short Game System: Transform Your Technique & Thinking by Daniel Grieve

As a lefty, I'd like teaching pro's to standardize as much as possible on trail and lead. Short and effective read.

Ive just bought this on kindle.Looking forward to improving my short game significantly

The Josiah Manifesto by Jonathan Cahn. Always enjoy his books and his message.

Just finished two great golf books; Men in Green and Ball in the Air both by Michael Bamberger. Highly recommend.

EOS TRAXXION

fiction: Starter Villain by John Scalzi
non-fiction: The Generals: Patton, MacArthur, Marshall and the Winning of WWII by Winston Groom
waiting: The Narrow Road Between Desires by Patrick Rothfuss (releases 11/14)

David Goggins Can't Hurt Me. I wanted to see what the hype was about.

Reading Project: Hail Mary by Andy Weir.

Also wrote The Martian.

It's great so far.

Just finished two great golf books; Men in Green and Ball in the Air both by Michael Bamberger. Highly recommend.
I also read Ball in the Air, early November.

Currently reading the Words of Radiance.

Reading this for the 3rd time
image.jpg

Reading Project: Hail Mary by Andy Weir.

Also wrote The Martian.

It's great so far.
I have it as well as Artemis, but have not read either.

I read The Martian when it first came out, before the movie and Andy came to our work and gave a talk. His dad used to work there and his mom worked across the street. He is a pretty funny guy and he talks much like he writes.

I have it as well as Artemis, but have not read either.

I read The Martian when it first came out, before the movie and Andy came to our work and gave a talk. His dad used to work there and his mom worked across the street. He is a pretty funny guy and he talks much like he writes.
I am really enjoying it. Will be reading his other works as well.

Back