What are you reading?

If it Bleeds by Stephen King.

The Art of Putting by Stan Utley.

Rereading The Black Prism series by Brent Weeks.

With the wet, cooler weather moving in, I have decided to stay indoors, and read up on my golf notes that I have accumulated over the years.

My 5 basics of the golf swing in no particular order, are pretty much taught by everyone. Those being grip, alignment. Tempo, posture, and balance. I should probably add a 6th one. That being ball position in the stance.

My swing instructor of many years was adamant about the positives of having an efficient, compact golf swing using those 6 basics. I really like re-reading these notes. My problem these days is I'm lazy, and don't take them serious enough. This is probably due to my just hitting balls, just for the fun of it thought mode.

Grip is neutral, with Vs pointing at my sternum. Some might call this a weak grip.

Alignment is the typical rail road track scenario. I know it's not popular anymore, but I'm old school. My feet , hips, and shoulders are square to my club face, which is square to an intermediate spot on my target line.

My tempo notes tell me to use a one piece take away, with my hands leading everything else to the top. Then my lower body leading everything down from the top. All this using a nice, easy swing into ball impact. Not too fast, not too slow, but just right to maintain my balance through out the swing. Balance, as mentioned above is one of my 6 basics.

My notes on posture are pretty easy. Slight bend at the knees, with an upper body tilt from the waist up to my shoulders. Doing this allows for my hands to hang down freely to the club grip. This also helps with club path.

My notes on ball position say that the ball position needs to be as close to exact as I can get it. I'm not a one position fits all guy. Too far forward, I will pull the ball. Too far back in my stance, I'm pushing shots.

Once I get my fill of these notes, I'll most likely read my notes on the different types of shots I see when playing, and the adjustments that I need to make.

Just an easy day. .

American Prometheus

I let my amature radio license lapse a number of years ago. So right now I’m reading the tech and general license books

Reading Project: Hail Mary by Andy Weir.

Also wrote The Martian.

It's great so far.
Curious to hear how this turns out for you. I read The Martian before I saw the movie and much preferred the book (though the movie was good).

On the strength of that, I tried something else of his and thought it was terrible, but I’m willing to give him another chance.

Since I got Kindle Unlimited I’ve been reading a ton of LitRPG. Two I have really enjoyed in The Path Of Ascension and Life Reset.

Curious to hear how this turns out for you. I read The Martian before I saw the movie and much preferred the book (though the movie was good).

On the strength of that, I tried something else of his and thought it was terrible, but I’m willing to give him another chance.
It’s fantastic. Really good, I’m about halfway through it.

Just got this about a month ago, what an awesome book. The chapter on impact training helped me immensely! This is one that will be read over and over…

IMG_1517.jpeg

I’m reading his newest one now on winning golf.

Lead... for God's Sake is the current listen/read.

Finished Four Foundations of Golf, now shifting gears to Steve Martin Born Standing Up.

Back