What are you "weird" about?

Fridge and pantry each have sections. Things stay in those sections.

Cloths have to hang the same way and be sorted by style and colour.

Left sock on first and left leg in pants first.

Volume on anything has to be an even number.

Chairs by the window have to be three lines in on the edge of the rug.

Towel has to have tags folded in, not out.

Cap on on the end of my pen, the longer part must line up with the writing on the pen.

...I'm actually getting anxious thinking about this stuff. I'm going to stop.

I do all these things mentioned in this thread and don't consider myself weird.. Weird, huh?

When I adjust the volume on TV radio, etc or adjust temperature in car or house thermostat, I always go up or down an even number.

- when going down a set of stairs I always start with my left foot

- two extra tees in my right front pocket and a third tee behind my right ear - always

Wow. Some of the things listed here I get though, just don't pertain to me.

I can't think of anything I'm "weird" about. I'm not overly timely, not a neat freak, don't have any obsessive food rules. I used to be overly obsessive about the cleanliness of my cars. But long daily commutes have pretty much cured me of that.

Wait... I'm weird about the organization of my garage. We moved 4 months ago and I have already moved everything around in there 5 times. That's about it. :D

I always tell my girlfriend that date is just a suggestion and the food is fine.

you are 100% accurate on that. There will be foods that go bad well before that date (mostly not processed food, but there will be the occasional fail there) but that date is a serious CYA. when I was getting my degree we went over what canned food and how the process should keep food edible for decades.

I forgot about the food thing. I am all aboard the expiration date train. I will not touch anything if it's within two or three days of the expiration. I also hate being late. I am always early for any appointment/event.

Expiration dates are just liability escape clauses for food companies. :wink:

I thought I was the only one that understood that

When I put cheese on a sandwich, it has to be level. SO I will do 1/2 and then one on first level, then one and 1/2 on the second level.

I forgot about the food thing. I am all aboard the expiration date train. I will not touch anything if it's within two or three days of the expiration. I also hate being late. I am always early for any appointment/event.

I'm with you on always being early. If you're not early you're late.

I am always early also. Being late drives me nuts.

When I used to play sports I wouldn't wash my basketball uniform if we won.

Most things. I have been told that I am quirky, yet likable.

I’m the same way with bills in my wallet. Always face up and forward and ascending denomination haha.

You guys still carry cash? LOL

Oh, man ... where to start.

Anything in the refrigerator or cabinets I put in with the labels facing out.
Clothes hang in the closet in the same direction, sorted by long/short sleeves and color.
Before I eat M&Ms, I sort them by color and whether the M is up or down, and I always eat the red ones last. (I sort trail mix, too)
Cheese has to be on the top of the sandwich when I eat it, and condiments always go on the bottom bread.
Work Instruction binders at work have to have the Instructions in the front of the sleeve and the Drawings in the back, or I'll go out and reorganize the whole thing while the machine operator is on break.

... I have issues, apparently.

There's something I'm weird about. I still carry cash! :D

All of my shirts have to be put on the hanger the same way.....not so weird. Then separated into types (dress shirts, long sleeve button ups, short sleeve button ups etc)....again not so weird. Then ROYGBIV order.....uh getting strange. Now that I have watched the Marie Kondo Netflix series I have expanded the color coding to folded clothes as well and changed the way I fold my clothes.

Bed making - My mom used to make beds in a hotel, my dad was a Marine, and I made beds in a hospital for a while. I have some background in the matter. My wife hates my rules of bed making. The eye rolling really starts when I flip pillows around because the open end of the pillowcase must face away from the door. The biggest thing I share is when sheets are washed to fold the top sheet in half where the fold line will mark the center of the bed. Simple tip. Oh and I can fold a fitted sheet with no issues.

I have had many counting things in the past that I have worked my way through. Example being I had to count to a multiple of 5 when climbing stairs. I used to add stutter steps on landings to get the number correct. Example my old house had 8 risers a landing then 8 risers. I had to make sure I had 4 steps on the landing so that the count came to 20 once I got to the top. That took years to eliminate. Yikes.

I'm not a cleaning person at home, but at work it's another story ... Likely because at home my wife is a clean freak and so I know if I leave a message she's got it.. but at work I get peeved when people don't tap out the drain catcher, ring out the sponge, leave bottle caps off etc.. such minimal consideration

And my beard.. if I feel a hair it longer, or like slipts, I gotta cut it but sometimes I pull it out then it feels uneven so the process continues haha sometimes I end up with a little bald spot

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Shirts in closet are hung in accordance to the colors of the spectrum ROYGBIV whites first black last.

If cheese or sour cream has penicillin in the raw, aka mold, scrape it off and go.

I do not leave any type of trash in my vehicle. Just about everywhere you go has a trash can. I use them all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Any money in my wallet needs to be in value order, and all the bills must be in the same direction and orientation.

That's not weird in the least. It's the people who hand you a bunch of bills that you have to fix that are weird. I've never understood why people do that.

Hanging clothes, they all need to be facing the same way.

Another one that's not weird in the least. I mean, why do people always hang my shirts backward?

Does it qualify as weird that I have my golf shirts arranged in alphabetical order by color?

Expiration dates are just liability escape clauses for food companies. :wink:

That and an effort to get people to dispose of perfectly good food to buy more.

Volume on anything has to be an even number.

Even or divisible by 5 is the rule of thumb. Exceptions to this rule are 7, 13, and 23... and 69 if it goes that high.

That and an effort to get people to dispose of perfectly good food to buy more.

47cf0cf1b57eb35d1547ed6eefbd8e51.jpg

I'm the same way with money (on the rare occasion I have it) has to be in order of denomination and all the faces have to be the same direction.

I do not sit in warm seats at work (unless it's my own) so I have to wait till they cool when I enter a meeting room previous full.

I can't eat cooked food cold.

I don't eat from communal platters of food.

I'm basically an irrational germaphobe.

Back