What are you "weird" about?

I'm super OCD, so lots of things, particularly related to organization or sports-related superstitions. One weird one is how I fold towels. My mom gave out lots of chores when we were kids, and she was VERY particular. I learned there is only "one way" to fold a towel. So when my wonderful GF was so kindly folding some clean laundry I had in a basket, I felt terrible re-folding the towels in front of her. The GF was telling that story at my brother's wedding, and my mom was like, "I'm so sorry, that's my fault." But then my grandma piped up, "no, that's my fault." Apparently I come from several generations of anal towel folders...

I can't stand people eating loudly. Slurping, loud crunching, biting utensils, etc. Makes my skin crawl.

I was just taking care of my cash and realized I'm weird about cash.

Any money in my wallet needs to be in value order, and all the bills must be in the same direction and orientation.

Another weird one I have is any time I am spreading something on bread, mayo, butter, mustard, etc, I must make it even and cover the entire face of the bread.

How about you?

I served tables and bartender my way through college. That made me a stickler about the orientation and order of cash. I am very particular about a lot of things though, it's just how I'm wired. I guess one funny thing I do is keep nail clippers in my car. I have to clip my fingernails about once every 5 or 6 days (my wife is jealous of my nail health) so I just do it in parking lots so I never have to clean it up.

When I adjust the volume on TV radio, etc or adjust temperature in car or house thermostat, I always go up or down an even number.

I do the exact same thing. I also always make sure that I end on an even number when filling my gas tank.

Golf related I always have to use a natural colour wood tee, even when I am playing a par 3 and pick up a broken tee to use, it cannot be painted. If I can't find one, I'll resort to breaking a full tee in half out of my pocket

I have to have my tie level to the button just below my belly button. Shorter or longer it just ain't right

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

- Organized refrigerator and pantry
- OCD level attention to detail prepping my meals daily
- Same items in the same pockets every time I golf
- Still fold my undershirts the way I learned to in boot camp 19 years ago

There's definitely more, but overall I'm a pretty orderly person, which is easily seen as 'weird'. I prefer to look at it as doing things right :wink:.

LOL, My wife and i always go sideways on this, I fold my t-shirts right out of the dryer so they are not wrinkled. But they have to be folded a certain way. I do have up and fold my pants on hangers a certain way also -seems together and creases in the front. AND YES

cash is always sorted by denomination larger in back smaller in front and I always have cash. I will only carry the change until i get home, then it goes into my jar until vacation time. then it becomes bills at the bank.

and yes there are more, like two long tees, one short and a divot tool and marker in right front pocket, NOTHING in any other. and yes, i only use a short or broken tee on a par 3. A long tee shoved in the ground could cause deflection.

I have to have my tie level to the button just below my belly button. Shorter or longer it just ain't right

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My tie has to end exactly where I like it or it gets re-tied. Some mornings I’ve been know to take 3-4 tries just to make 1/4 inch adjustment. It’s madness, really.

For me it used to be golf clubs.

I had like a half a dozen personal sets and It would irritate the hell out of me if each bag wasn't almost entirely one OEM.

My Hogans had to be all Hogans; Callys had to be all Cally; Mac had to be mostly Macs; Pings, all Pings, Titleist all Titleist And so on...

I'm OCD about other stuff too but the golf club thing used to be a big one.

Someone pointed out to me years ago that I will try to get to a table in a restaurant first and select a seat that faces the largest part of the room, and ideally one that is backed up to a wall.

I used to do it subconsciously, but I intentionally do it now. For some reason, I feel very uncomfortable with my back to an open room and people. I don't fear an ambush or anything; it's just that the uncomfortable feeling is very strong.

Other than that, I will eat one item on my plate until it's gone, then rotate the plate to item 2 and repeat until plate is clean... lol

I won’t hit a golf ball off an orange tee.....that’s just bad juju.

Back