What are your wedges of choice?

JimmyOhio

Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious what everyone out there is playing.

Currently have Cleveland RTX ZipCore thanks to THP, but will be transitioning into Edel wedges in a couple weeks, thanks to @EdelBlake and THP.

I had played Cleveland for years. Previously played Cobra as well. Just swapped to Vokey this year.

I’m currently gaming a Cleveland set of CBX4 & RTX6.

Of the current ones the MG4s fit my eye and needs better than the rest. There's so many good wedges out there though. I have the S159 in the bag today.

I was playing Taylormade MG3 with decent results but when I was off they were bad. Moved to Edel’s after a fitting and am having mixed results. I thinks it’s mostly me going through a chipping funk but they’re different enough that its been an adjustment

Current wedges are Edel SMS 54T & 58P

Edison 2.0's in 49* and 53*, and a Cleveland Zipcore in a 58*.

Most of the time I’m still playing my Vokey SM8s. Have a set of Edel wedges also. Need to play with swing weight on them some. The heavy head of the Vokeys just feel better to me.

Edel SMS are playing great

For almost as long as I've played golf, I've loved looking at all the wedges in a golf shop and trying new ones that "look like they'd work" for me. Just the coolest clubs in the bag and of course very important to your game.

But year in and year out, about 90% of the time I'm playing Vokeys. That's what I'm used to and they've always worked well for me. I'll grab some other attractive wedge from Cleveland or Callaway or Cleveland and have fun with them for a while. But then three months later I stick the Vokeys back in the bag and quit having to think about wedges for a while!

FWIW, back before Vokey was even a thing I used the older Cleveland wedges when I first started out. Probably just old-guy selective memory but I remember liking those 588's and 400-whatevers (can't remember the number) much more than any of the current Cleveland offerings. CLeveland used to make a 60-degree with a super wide sole and almost no bounce. Kind of like those Callaway Sure-Out gimmick clubs except this was 30 years ago. Man I loved that 60-degree out of bunkers.

Just put the Hogan Equalizer II wedges in the bag.

Edison 2.0 here. 49 54 59

I still have the CBX 2s in the bag. They’re due for replacement soon and will probably stick in the same family.

Playing the Snakebite X 52 and 56.

Recently picked up a Vokey SM10 60M and like it a lot. So much I'm doing a local Titleist wedge fitting session next week to add one or two others. Historically were Ping (still have an Eye2 grind that I like) and set gap wedge. Never did get along with Taylormade or Callaway for whatever reason. ymmv.

Maltby 58*, PXG 54* 52* and 50* all forged.

Jaws Raw (though I’d prefer non raw)!

Sub 70 286 wedges.

Wow, quite a wide variety. I was expecting 90% of the answers to be Cleveland and Vokey.

I have Callway MD5 and Jaws Raw.
Ping Glide 3.0
Vokey SM9
XXIO 12 in the bag right now. Yes, I carry five wedges.

Ping s159

Back