What Are You're Putter Plans For The Spring

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Just wondering what you THPers will be doing with your putters for the coming golf season in the Spring. Are buying a new one, keeping what you have, reshafting, new grip................ect?
Myself I've already gone into Bettinardi for a putter fitting. I will have a couple of brand new putters come spring to play with the new specs that came out of the fitting. Really kind of excited to see what difference the new putters will make in my game. So, what say you THP, what are your plans?

I am planning to roll a boatload of putts with my TT Ten. Coming off half a year of solid putting with this new putter, I think I have opportunity to improve my putting to the next level!

Just wondering what you THPers will be doing with your putters for the coming golf season in the Spring. Are buying a new one, keeping what you have, reshafting, new grip................ect?
Myself I've already gone into Bettinardi for a putter fitting. I will have a couple of brand new putters come spring to play with the new specs that came out of the fitting. Really kind of excited to see what difference the new putters will make in my game. So, what say you THP, what are your plans?

I'm done - it will be either Swag Savage Too, which tested best on SAM, Bett BB-39 Mallet (2nd best) or gotta take Edel E-1 (not tested), old custom reliable, out for a spin today on the practice green.

But I did find during my SAM Test, that as I increased my tempo, the better the SAM Results. I was hesitant when starting and may not have been fair to the Bett Inovai 6.0

Locked in between two putters, making an adjustment to one, but I think it’s going to be a fun battle

Locked in between two putters, making an adjustment to one, but I think it’s going to be a fun battle

Which two putters, just curious. (y)

Sticking with what I have. I just tried a different putter a couple weeks ago and went right back to my SL Ten. I'm pretty happy with my putting game right now, the only thing that needs upgrading is the loose nut holding onto the grip. :LOL:

I am thinking about going with a 46” broom stick that will clearly show it isn’t anchored. I have a 48” Ping that I am going to trial then decide if I want to shorten the Scotty Futura I played some of my best golf with.

It was interesting on the PNC the old guys using the long putters. I hadn’t seen Kite or Vijay using one.

I’m considering a move to a full mallet for an entire year.

Using my current one is the plan as I’ve finally tuned it right where I want it. Seems to roll so smoothly now after I swapped grips and added 100g to the head, feels incredible!

I’m considering a move to a full mallet for an entire year.
Good luck with it. Any particular one in mind?

I’ve tried damn near all the putter grips out there, but recently the Garsen Quad Pro has my eye. Gonna try one out for giggles.

Been eyeing a few putters lately, PXG One and done looks interesting, Ping tyne PLD.

I will likely buy something (as I always do).

Good luck with it. Any particular one in mind?
Not sure, something obnoxious maybe because it’s SO out of my comfort zone. I know we are going to work with some for the THP Showcase soon!

I’ve tried damn near all the putter grips out there, but recently the Garsen Quad Pro has my eye. Gonna try one out for giggles.

Been eyeing a few putters lately, PXG One and done looks interesting, Ping tyne PLD.

I will likely buy something (as I always do).
Garsen’s are good grips.

I'm hoping to get a putter fitting to determine what I'll play but if that doesn't happen my plan is either my Toulon Rochester or Indianapolis CS. Winter practice will determine which one.

Garsen’s are good grips.
The BGT IG account shows many of the mini tour guys getting their putters and there seems to be a bit of a trend for this grip. 🤷‍♂️
There was one on a used putter at the local PGA SS, and it felt nice. Gonna try one on my scotty phantom for S+Gs.

I ordered a Cleveland 2135 8.0 Counter Balanced hoping I can make it work. If not will play the old stand by Wlison with composite insert with medium pistol grip.

I forgot I’ve got this Bloodline...

I’m keeping my same old antique Ping. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

My plans for the Spring for putting is to putt better :cool:

Tour Stability Shaft in my Super Rat

Back