What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Of only they'd make that 85 compression chrome soft, the Tour guys are playing, available at retail

I'm not sure the Chrome Soft could get any better for my game.

It's as high as many premium urethane covered balls that are not ballooning on golfers at different skill levels. I'm not disputing what you were having or seeing, just that technology wise the ball should not have had that issue if most other balls don't.

There are so many factors involving a drive that backs up including turf, contact, swing, etc. again I'm not disputing your findings, but I would say if it is the ball, you will want to play the firmest compression and possibly even lower spin gf ball you can find. This way you take out the ball variable immediately.
I'm only a 11 handicap so it could have just been the swing I was working with that day. I will give it another shot and see if that was it. I just did not have any luck at all. After I switched to the other ball ( B330) I was using things went back to normal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I'm only a 11 handicap so it could have just been the swing I was working with that day. I will give it another shot and see if that was it. I just did not have any luck at all. After I switched to the other ball ( B330) I was using things went back to normal.

The normal ball is it b330RX or just b330? If it's RX the compression is similar if not lower than that of e5. If it's regular b330, it's harder which would explain a few things. Hope this helps.

The B330 not the RX.

The B330 not the RX.

Then that answers it for you. Look for balls with very high compression. The E5 is not really low compression but for some reason you must have been over compressing it

Then that answers it for you. Look for balls with very high compression. The E5 is not really low compression but for some reason you must have been over compressing it

Is there a specific thread on what to expect when over compressing or under compressing a ball. Just curious to know more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Srixon z star and q star in SD this week.
I probably would play it, except other groups picked up my ball from the fairway at least twice - maybe lots of ppl play the ball, but I probably will not in the future. I like having my drives be where they land, not in someone else's pocket.

Played Srixon z star and q star in SD this week.
I probably would play it, except other groups picked up my ball from the fairway at least twice - maybe lots of ppl play the ball, but I probably will not in the future. I like having my drives be where they land, not in someone else's pocket.

It's funny - I almost NEVER see Srixons on the course. Stinks that your ball kept getting picked up - that's the worst.

Another round with the yellow B330RX and it worked pretty well today but the greens were very soft after the rain last night so full shots into the greens were stopping pretty quick, although I think most balls would today. Preston was playing the e6 and that was stopping very quickly with full wedge shots and Alex was spinning back the Pro v1 he was playing (but his handicap is 1.8 so he is a lot better player than us)

Once I lose the last couple of these in my bag I will probably go back to the Chrome Soft that I tried as it felt good too

I'm having a hard time getting any ball to perform as good as the Bridgestone 330-RX all around for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Is there a specific thread on what to expect when over compressing or under compressing a ball. Just curious to know more

Not really because current ball designs are very tough to overcompress and/or balloon. That is why every company has gone softer the last 12 months, including Titleist which said compression does not matter in performance (they lowered both balls for 2015).

Not really because current ball designs are very tough to overcompress and/or balloon. That is why every company has gone softer the last 12 months, including Titleist which said compression does not matter in performance (they lowered both balls for 2015).

That's interesting. Thanks for the insight! ?

If this is the case, would you assume that it would be more opportune to always play lower compression balls? Ex B330 RX over the B330? If you cannot over compress it, you'd always want to be on a ball that's the easiest to compress, or am I looking at this wrong?

Played an e7 all morning and I really like it. I even had a par 3 approach drop and stop:

458ffcbd1e64f3deca68e3129dde4e15.jpg

Then I played the pro-v1x all afternoon. Hit some bombs of tee shots, and they play nice around the greens, but what I was really impressed with was its durability.

If this is the case, would you assume that it would be more opportune to always play lower compression balls? Ex B330 RX over the B330? If you cannot over compress it, you'd always want to be on a ball that's the easiest to compress, or am I looking at this wrong?

As Corey from Bridgestone explained it in January at Bridgestone U, compressing the ball means less spin, less spin equals better dispersion. Better dispersion keeps the ball in play. If you play a ball you can't compress your mistakes will be bigger than a ball you can compress

As Corey from Bridgestone explained it in January at Bridgestone U, compressing the ball means less spin, less spin equals better dispersion. Better dispersion keeps the ball in play. If you play a ball you can't compress your mistakes will be bigger than a ball you can compress

I hate that I missed this event, especially since it was less than an hour from me. if bstone does another event next year and its anywhere around me I'M GOING!

Another round with the yellow B330RX and it worked pretty well today but the greens were very soft after the rain last night so full shots into the greens were stopping pretty quick, although I think most balls would today. Preston was playing the e6 and that was stopping very quickly with full wedge shots and Alex was spinning back the Pro v1 he was playing (but his handicap is 1.8 so he is a lot better player than us)

Once I lose the last couple of these in my bag I will probably go back to the Chrome Soft that I tried as it felt good too

How many of the yellow b330rx do you have left? I have some yellow chrome soft I would trade for them.

How many of the yellow b330rx do you have left? I have some yellow chrome soft I would trade for them.

Literally a couple, don't even think I have a sleeve worth, so I very much doubt it would be worthwhile trading as I am in the UK which makes shipping a bit more expensive

Wow. Played the Orange 50 elite again today and I'm freakin loving the Orange. I thought I'd hate it and had reservations picking them up, but me likes, a lot.

Played 9 holes today, first 6 with my Dt Solo's, last 3 with a prov1 I found while looking for one of my lost balls. I noticed that the ProV1 did seem to stop closer to the ball mark on the greens. I don't love the DT Solo's, but I bought a bunch of them when I first started and am trying to work thru them. I would rather have played my B330-Rx, but they are yellow and I was playing as a guest at a very nice club and didn't want to make waves!

PV1. Just a solid ball all the way around. I hit some hard ground aided but still ridiculously long for me drives and also had great performance into greens, including a very rare for me GW that backed up a full 10 feet (several other approach shots backed up a little or stopped right at their pitch marks)

I found a Callaway Hex Chrome + recently. It was in perfect condition so I put it into play on my next round. I really like the distance and control I was getting out of it. Softer than the SR2 and just as good around and on the greens. It held up well to some wayward swing results off of trees, gravel cart paths and out of the woods. I played it in a scramble, then I used it for 5.75 rounds before I finally lost it. The cover was showing wear but the ball was still flying long and true and sticking on the green. This is a ball I'd be happy to play again.

Bought a dozen Cally SR3 this weekend to try and and really liked them, I'd put them right up there with the B330 or the ProV1. I still like the B330 the best so far, but I'm going to play the SR3 for a while to give them a little more time. I've still got ten of them. I also played some e6's recently and didn't love them, they're alright but not really suited well for me. I may try the e7 after I play the SR3 for a while.

Played the BS. E5 yesterday, ya know, I think I'm liking it a lil more than the RX. It was wet conditions so that may had some influence on the outstanding stop & check on the greens. I think I do benefit from the slightly higher ball flight.

Back