What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Been playing the ChromeSoft Truvis for a few rounds now and I'm hooked. They feel great off the face and they just sit when paired up with my PM wedges. My shirt game has been a lot more fun lately. Added bonus - they're just fun to look at and watch fly off the club face.

How do you like is compared to the chrome + and chrome soft? Chrome + is probably my favorite ball they've made but I haven't tried any of the SR line

Pretty similar to Chrome +

I have been playing the 330rx and been really really liking them. Overall a great ball.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Best ball on the market IMO

I know correlation doesn't equal causation but man, it seems like every single time I put it in play, I shoot a solid number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E5 still my gamer, I've been getting some great launch with it lately and it's been checking really nice for me down in the MB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you like is compared to the chrome + and chrome soft? Chrome + is probably my favorite ball they've made but I haven't tried any of the SR line

SR line is sweet. I used to play the Hex Chrome and early spring started playing the SR3. Found an SR2 the other day and played 9 with it today. It was awesome, I never played the Chrome + but it seems to fit right between the CS and SR3(current balls I'm using).

I played the Hex Chrome+ for most of the round today and it seemed to be a little longer and spun just as much as the TM Penta TP/TP5 that I've been using. I have three sleeves left so hopefully I can get some more feedback on them.

Played my last SR2 today. Such a good ball but the price keeps it well out of my reach. Feels great off the club face, and i get a little extra distance over the chrome soft but for the $$ the Chrome Soft is just a better pick for me.

I bought a sleeve of the Chrome soft at the course. They are great. I will give them another shot versus the project A

Played my last Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis this past weekend, have been playing this ball since Savannah THP Bridgestone event and really enjoyed them. Not sure if it was the ball or not, but seemed to keep these in play longer than usual. Had to retire a few after multiple rounds on same ball. I did lose some here/there. They are harder to see in the rough, but fun to watch on the greens chipping and putting. Will be ordering some more for sure.

I normally play the bridgestone E6 but after a recent lesson and a really good deal some B330RX's, I gave them a shot. By far the best ball I've played, I absolutely love this ball. Shot my new PB with this ball and will hope I can get another good deal and buy in bulk on these things.

I've been trying the new e6 past few rounds vs the last 2 models which I been playing almost exclusively for a few years. Unfortunately my golf as for past few rounds as of late has been bad and so I cant really comment on any differences with the new version vs the older ones.

I played the Taylormade Project (a) in the scramble I played in July. I liked the way they felt and played. I seemed to hit them a little straighter. I'm not sure if it was the ball or my game got a little better. I'm going with the second. :smile:

Been playing the B330RX the last few weeks. Such a great ball. Bought a dozen at Wallyworld since they were cheap, and will be going back to see if they continue to have deals. Back into a box of Z-Stars now, but my time with the 330RX reminded me of just how great a ball that is for my game. I even had one last 44 holes, which I'm sure is a new record for me. Will always give the Z-Star a fair shake as I think it's a great ball, but I might need to go back to the 330RX as my primary and keep the Z-Stars as a backup.

Played the Duo Spin over 9 today, they made an e6 feel hard when I had to switch after one of my balls was stolen from the fairway (yes that actually happened!)

I played the Chrome Soft in the club championship but I have like 4 dozen ProV1's to use up. I can't really tell much difference between the two balls but since the Chrome Soft is less expensive, it's the one I will be using until they are gone or until I find something I like better!!

Played the Duo Spin over 9 today, they made an e6 feel hard when I had to switch after one of my balls was stolen from the fairway (yes that actually happened!)

Do you see marked improvement with the new Duos over the older ones? And I had someone swipe my ball the other day too...unbelievable.

Do you see marked improvement with the new Duos over the older ones? And I had someone swipe my ball the other day too...unbelievable.

I can't say that I did, to be honest. BUT my short game isn't good enough to tell too much of a difference where it counts the most.

I will say that the newer Duos have less "bouncy ball" effect into the greens that the older ones did. The supersoft to me is the king of bouncing well off of greens, though.

I can't say that I did, to be honest. BUT my short game isn't good enough to tell too much of a difference where it counts the most.

I will say that the newer Duos have less "bouncy ball" effect into the greens that the older ones did. The supersoft to me is the king of bouncing well off of greens, though.

I've always figured that with my game I can't really tell much difference between golf balls. That and because I won't spend the money on the pricey ones. That being said, I grabbed a Titleist ProV1x that I found and hit it on a short par 3 and spun it back 6-8'. That just never happens :)

I've always figured that with my game I can't really tell much difference between golf balls. That and because I won't spend the money on the pricey ones. That being said, I grabbed a Titleist ProV1x that I found and hit it on a short par 3 and spun it back 6-8'. That just never happens :)

I finally spun back a ball a few rounds ago (an e6) but it's funny you mention the ProV1x as I just got 2 sleeves of them. I'll have to get a few out to try them out.

I finally spun back a ball a few rounds ago (an e6) but it's funny you mention the ProV1x as I just got 2 sleeves of them. I'll have to get a few out to try them out.

Spinning it back is so overrated, but looks so cool. Early when I started to play well, I ruined so many great shots by zipping it off the green.

Still loving the ZStar XV. Wondering if softer ZStar might give me a little more distance but someone once said "if it ain't broke..."

Played the new prov1x. Good ball but the skin is not the most durable. 2 balls had little pebbles embedded in the skin after 4 holes, and I didn't hit them into anything crazy

Back