What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Makes sense that the Duo rolls out a bit - it is not a classically soft cover ball.
I found the Zstar XV balls were pretty good. Zstar just had too much spin with my wedges.
Have you tried the Titleist NXT Tour balls? or the Bridgestone E7 balls? I have had good results with Monsta balls, as well as with many others, but I can put some serious spin on my irons and wedges.
However, if the ChromeSoft balls work for you, stick with those.

my spin is pretty low, though the cs are pretty much drop and stop on the greens sometimes with a bit of backup.

I'm questioning the cs only because I'm wondering whether they are too low spin off the driver for me, and whether a spinnier ball would help my driver distance.

I liked nxt. don't think I've tried e7 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last two rounds in cold weather finally gave the Chrome Soft a try. So far I really like it. Good distance, feels good off clubs, including putter. Will keep playing it.

I played the duo last weekend and liked it quite a bit, held nicely to the grees on full shots, and I do not play with a lot of spin on partial shot so it played as expected.

I also played with some orange e6, and as much as I want to like them because the color annoys my buddy, they simply aren't doing it for me

my spin is pretty low, though the cs are pretty much drop and stop on the greens sometimes with a bit of backup.

I'm questioning the cs only because I'm wondering whether they are too low spin off the driver for me, and whether a spinnier ball would help my driver distance.

I liked nxt. don't think I've tried e7 though.

You may have good luck with the E7 then. Grab a sleeve, see how they work.

Played a Titleist ProV1 today - forgot just how good this ball is! Spun a bunch of irons back, from 7 iron thru wedge. Pretty long with driver, but nothing too exorbitant. Consistent distances with all clubs. Rolled well with putter - sunk a lot of feet of putts!

Nike pd soft. Decent ball for its price.

Played a Nike RZN White yesterday. Nike's are not typically my go to balls. Received two sleeves of these as a THP secret santa gift. Looked them up and saw they were rated as low compression so thought I would give them a shot in the chilly weather. I was pleasantly surprised how well this ball performed for me. Did not love the feel off the woods but liked the feel everywhere else. The first drive hit with it I lost in the sky but it did not feel or sound good so I took off toward the left rough (my usual miss) and low and behold it was dead in the middle of the fairway about where a well hit tour level ball would end up. Was pretty impressed with the way the ball held on iron shots. Will definitely tee this ball up again the next time I play in sub 60 degree temps.

Duo Spins today. Played well in the monsoon. Good off the tee and plenty of spin on pitches and approach shots.

At this particular price point I still give a slight edge to the Q Star, but they're awfully close, essentially interchangeable, for me.

ProV1 today, and for some of Monday and Tuesday.
A very solid ball - maybe a touch too much spin off the driver for me, but otherwise quite good.

Last 3 rounds its been the pro v1x. Love this ball! Been a pretty steady rotation between this and the chrome soft

Played a Nike RZN White yesterday. Nike's are not typically my go to balls. Received two sleeves of these as a THP secret santa gift. Looked them up and saw they were rated as low compression so thought I would give them a shot in the chilly weather. I was pleasantly surprised how well this ball performed for me. Did not love the feel off the woods but liked the feel everywhere else. The first drive hit with it I lost in the sky but it did not feel or sound good so I took off toward the left rough (my usual miss) and low and behold it was dead in the middle of the fairway about where a well hit tour level ball would end up. Was pretty impressed with the way the ball held on iron shots. Will definitely tee this ball up again the next time I play in sub 60 degree temps.

Dude I've been a RZN white fan for some time. I did a mini review a few posts back but it's a solid ball. Glad you like it. I'm surprised more folks aren't trying this one. That was the yellow ball I played at Disney

Been playing the W/S 50 Elite lately. A harder ball than the Duo, but $13/dozen can't be beat.

Been playing the 330rx since they went on sale a few months back, and I've been happy with them. Since I've found about a half dozen pro v1x's decided to play one last time out. Still the best imo. More green side spin, especially on approach shots but didn't notice any more curve on long shots. Not sure why, just like it when I've backed the ball up on the green from 125 out.

Been playing the W/S 50 Elite lately. A harder ball than the Duo, but $13/dozen can't be beat.

Did you use up all your StaffProto Duos? Or just keeping them for days your game is on?

Been playing the Supersoft. I like the ball and the price point. I will probably migrate to the Chromesoft over the summer but so far so good on the Supersoft.

Played a mix of chrome soft and ProV's yesterday. Both were pretty solid. I hate to admit it but I played well with the ProV.

Played a mix of chrome soft and ProV's yesterday. Both were pretty solid. I hate to admit it but I played well with the ProV.

You played real well with the ProV yesterday. The drive on 18 was a monster.

Front 9 - Played the ChromeSoft Truvis today for the first time (lost it OB on the 10th tee shot). Really nice feeling ball off all clubs!! It may have been a touch long with my approach shots, but it could have been the wind. Did not spin back as many or as much as other balls I play, this was a more "stays where I hit it" on approach shots (driver, also, but it was wet out). Overall a solid ball, really enjoyed it. This was the first time I actually got to play a ChromeSoft ball for any extended amount of time - last time I tried, I lost them on the first two holes.

Back 9 - ProV1. I have so many of these, I need to use them just so I can get around to playing the current year release!! Again, a solid ball, def feels harder than the ChromeSoft with all clubs, but behaves similarly off the tee. Approach shots spin - I backed up a 8 iron 6 feet uphill on a par 3 today!

Really, both balls are very good - if you want backspin with approach shots, hit the ProV1. If you like no roll out, play the ChromeSoft.

The PRO V1 and the PRO V1X.

Played Pro V1X today. Mid to high 50 temps. Good feel, distance was good and it two bounce checks on the greens. Played a few holes with a DT Trusoft and it felt a tad softer but was not an improvement over the V1X. Me likie so far. Only prob is you can buy 2 dozen DT Trusoft balls for the price of a dozen V1X's. :angry:

Titleist Pro V1. I've done quite a bit of ball fitting and the combination of low spin with driver, ball flight with mid-irons and ability to spin the ball around the green fit my game really well. I also like the durability. If you've reached the point where you make good contact consistently and have a repeatable swing, a ball fitting can really benefit your game. I'm also a ball tester for a major brand, so I've gotten some experience testing balls. You'd be surprised how much spin rate on chips around the green and ball flight with mid-irons varies with different balls.

I played the Q Star on the front and e6 on the back. I usually prefer the latter over the former but today it was the opposite. The Q Star was really solid into greens - I had a handful of approach shots back up several inches. The greens were very soft from all the rain we've been having, but still. In contrast, I tended to get more like hop and stop on similar shots with the e6. I couldn't tell any meaningful differences off the tee...I could hit any ball 50 yards right of target with driver today.

Switched between the ProV1 today and the DT TruSoft. Way too close to call for me. The DT TruSoft did feel softer off most clubs but distance was pretty comparable against its big brother!

I played the Q Star on the front and e6 on the back. I usually prefer the latter over the former but today it was the opposite. The Q Star was really solid into greens - I had a handful of approach shots back up several inches. The greens were very soft from all the rain we've been having, but still. In contrast, I tended to get more like hop and stop on similar shots with the e6. I couldn't tell any meaningful differences off the tee...I could hit any ball 50 yards right of target with driver today.

I love the Q Star, best performing ball under $30/dz I've found so far

Back