What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played the same Chromesoft that I found the other day and I LOVE THIS BALL!

Played the orange Duo today. Good ball. Was crushing it actually. Didn't have a lot of stopping power when I was coming into greens with my 7i, but I was seeing really good distances today and I probably should have been clubbing down on a few of those instances.

Grabbed some ProV1 balls today.

I spun a pitching wedge back 39 feet and an 8 iron back 15 feet.

Good distance with driver, irons and wedges. All pretty consistent distance for my swing.

Putting - it was good.

Problem - the driving range has primarily #1 ProV1's as range balls. I was using a #3. Still not easy to find it when I pulled my drive left on 18 (but I did find it, eventually).

Bridgestone B330 RXS... I love this ball. It's my go to ball. Will purchase them at any price. Sale or not.

If you have a Meijer store near you (which I'd guess you do based on your location) I saw them there the other day on sale for something like $26/dozen.

I'll give a little love to a ball that has gotten very little anywhere--so little it has been discontinued. The Maxfli U3. On a chilly morning last week, I went to my ball cupboard looking for a sleeve of Wilson Duos, my favorite low compression balls of choice in winter, but the cupboard was bare. I rummaged around and came across a single U3 that a buddy had given me some time ago to try. It's low compression (c. 65), so I put in play that day. I have to say that I was very impressed. It was as long off the tee as any I've played (I'm primarily a Bridgestone B330 series guy), and remarkable on and around the greens. Well struck approaches stopped within a few feet of my pitch mark, and the feel and response on chip shots was great. When considering that this is a 3-piece, urethane ball, targeted I think for the upper mid range ball market (price point originally around $30), I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. It actually wouldn't be a bad buy at that price. But, if you can find them, since their discontinuance, they can be had for around $15 today. I'm hoping that my local Dick's or Edwin's has some of these left.

Wilson duo urethane, loved it after just 3 holes. Feels great around the green, checked up predictibly and quickly on the greens. Felt very solid on full shots, couldn't find a single complaint and they were fairly durable especially for a urethane cover ball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I played a new project a ball for the last six holes on Saturday borrowed one from a buddy. It really is a softer feel than the last project a ball. I was impressed by the ball got my only birdie of the round using it. I think it rivals the chrome soft now for feel with decent green side spin. It's no Pro V1 but I could use these with out a problem for the price.

Nike 20IX today - I had a sleeve sitting around, decided to put it into play.

Driver - spun a bit for me, but solid distance and it held its line really well in the wind.
Irons - predictable distance, was not able to spin it back as much as the ProV series, it seemed to be a stay where it landed on wedges, it released a little with irons.
Chipping - did not have the spin around the green that I want/need for the greens and bunkers.
Putts - No big issues, did not jump off the face like some other balls have.

Overall - A pretty good ball, but not one that would knock any other ball out of my bag. I certainly will continue to play this ball until they are lost, but I would not purchase these balls.

W/S duo urethane! Very good!!

Was given an Aeroburner Pro by a friend who didn't like them. They seem identical to the Tour Preferred from Taylormade seem really long and don't overly spin off the driver... I liked it they're only $19 a box here tempted to give a full box a try for a month anyone else using them?

Was given an Aeroburner Pro by a friend who didn't like them. They seem identical to the Tour Preferred from Taylormade seem really long and don't overly spin off the driver... I liked it they're only $19 a box here tempted to give a full box a try for a month anyone else using them?

I purchased two dozen I went through them so I have a bit of experience with them. They're a solid ball. They perform like you said off the driver and around the green. For the price it's a good ball. A bit on the firmer side feel wise.

Played the Tour Preferred from Taylormade ball this past sat and came away really impressed. Didnt see to much spin on the driver but was abale to stick some approach shots stiff on more than one occasion. Got a Dozen over christmas as a gift and I might actually go out get another for the first part of the year.

Tried 2 balls this past Sunday. Temps were high 40's/low 50's. Started off with the Nike RZN Black. Off the tee, it didn't get any distance. Playing partners that I have played with before were outdriving me by 30 yards. This ball just didn't handle the cold weather very well. After 4 holes, I switched to the Wilson DUO. That one compressed well and I got my lost distance back. Off the putter, the DUO was very hot off the face. I have a Metal X DART with an insert. And, the DUO would just rocket off of that. But, I adjusted to that after a couple of holes. I will definitely play the DUO again, especially in cold weather. The RZN Black is relegated to over 80* temps.

Titles TruSoft.
Good distance with driver, WAY too much distance with irons - 15-20 yds more. I ended up losing one because I hit thru a fairway with driver. I was constantly in the desert behind the holes on the front.

Switched at the turn, played Nike 20IX again. Same results as yesterday - not enough spin around the green and with wedges. Way too much roll out for my game.

Played the Srizon Soft Feel, was 38 degrees. It performs well when cold, and I like the lower compression. Yellow for me is easier to see.

My brother-in-law sent me a dozen of Mizuno JPX golfballs, from Okinawa. From what I've heard, they have not hit the market yet, and may make an appearance at the PGA show next weekend in Orlando. These balls are pretty good. They felt pretty good off all my clubs in my bag. From what I've read on a few reviews was, when the ball starts to descend from its' apex, that's when the ball has a little bit of get up and go for a little more distance.

I DID NOT say they were better than the PRO V's or the 1x's b/c the wife bought me two dozen for Christmas. Actually, both the Mizuno and Titleist performed about the same.

Played Titleist Prestige on Sunday. Nice ball, similar to the NXT. Not much spin off driver, small amount of roll out with wedges and irons, not the easiest to spin on chip/pitch shots.

Monday, played TM Prjoect a balls (had played them previously, could not keep them in play). Was able to keep these balls on the course, good distance, not much greenside spin or spin with wedges. Putting was a little hot. Not a bad ball, similar to the NXT, less wedge spin than Monsta and E6.

I played the Chromesoft for the first time today and went with the Truvis just to see if I liked it. I actually really enjoyed having this ball in play today, outside of the B 330 it's probably my favorite ball. I loved the Truvis markings off the tee, it really held my eye and it wasn't distracting on the greens either. Got really good distance out of them and had great spin into the greens. Today was the first day I'd put a set GW into play and I figured it would be a one hop and stop, but I had several of them come back.

Overall, this is a really fun ball to play and it was great today with the mild temps and windy conditions. It really does have me considering playing these a lot more often or at the very least marking up my B 330's more when I put them in play because of the Truvis.

Played the new and impossibly good 330RX today.

My FIR was double today over the average of my last three rounds. Shot an 83 after a two week break. Amazing ball! Straight on the long ones, spins great on the short ones.

Played the B330S today and loved it. Didn't lose a single ball, had some nice drives, chips and putts. The new B330 line is the real deal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The Bridgestone B330. It's so damn good.

I play the RX and love them. They won't break the bank either. I pay between $30-35 on Amazon for them. If I play them long enough to get scuffed then it goes in my shag bag with no guilt.

B330-RX. Will be playing the previous version for a while until my stock is depleted. They just work for me.

Back