What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Snell MTB-X what a great ball loved it from start to finish that ball flew well and spun on the greens. If you haven't tried it yet please do.

Still playing the Bridgestone Tour B XS. Love it. Good off the driver and super consistent stopping around the greens. I'm a one hop and stop.

Looking at changing to a DTC ball available here in NZ called Volle. A few have changed from Pro V's etc. They have reported good things so far in terms of durability and performance.

Taylormade TP5 (2019). Love the overall feel of this ball especially on and around the green. I wasn't a fan the first few times I played it and now it's a staple in my bag. My only knock is that I tend to get a little more lateral movement off the driver with the TP5 than other balls. Otherwise a gamer for sure.

I started the same round off with a Callaway HX Red--- wow they've come a long way from that thing with the ChromeSoft line. Talk about loud and hard as a rock.

I've played my last Chrome Soft LS the last couple of rounds and have really enjoyed it. It's the longest I've gone without losing a ball in quite awhile which has been nice. I love the distance I get from it but I continue to see a little less greenside spin than I prefer. Overall it's a great ball though and I could play it no problem.

Tour B RXS all weekend, even played all 3 rounds with the same ball

Hit some great shots at times including 8i from 155yds out of the first cut and drew it around a tree that stopped within a couple feet of where it landed and led to the first of 3 birdies in 4 holes

It looked a bit rough by the time I had played all 3 rounds but it was still performing well enough that I could play it another round

I played the Supersoft yesterday, and while I had no problem holding greens on full approach shots, the greenside shots left a lot to be desired. Might be back to the QST next time.

Played the Srixon AD333 yesterday for the first time. Really fit my game well. I saw a YouTube video on them which prompted me to pick some up. They were surprisingly difficult to find. Maybe they are a U.K. thing???

Definitely a cousin to the Callaway Supersofts. Not super high spinning but felt great off iron shots, wedges and putts.

Last edited:
I’ve been playing the Vice pro plus for most of the season and love it. A definite replacement to the pro v1x I used for so many years except it feels better (softer) and much lower cost. Just as straight, long, and same spin as far as I can tell. I substituted the v1x back in for a round a few weeks back and switched it out after 3 holes. I like the Vice that much more.

So I’ve been playing the CSX-LS exclusively the last 5-6 rounds and although I like it, I think I like the regular CSX a little better. I think the feel is a tad better. Got a few left to go though, so I’ll game them but if Callaway runs their sale like they did last year, I’ll pick up a couple or 3 dozen.

Wilson Staff Duo Optix (Orange)

Very nice budget ball. Decent softish feel around the greens. Can't comment on driver as I didn't hit that.

I've been playing old models of the ProV1x as well as a few found 2021 versions of it. I like it so much that I exchanged a new dozen ProV1 that I won at a club event for the x. Higher ball flight, and plenty of spin on long irons which has helped me hold more greens from further out. Great with my lower spinning irons!

I was gifted a sleeve of Callaway Super Soft balls a while back.

I played 18 holes yesterday with this ball. Shot an 82 for my effort, which is below my average score.

I found this ball to be easily playable for my slower swing game. Very compatible with my regular gamer e6 ball, distance and control wise.

The Callaway ball did seem to check up better on pitches, and chips to greens.

Will I be changing from Bridgestone to Callaway? Probably not anytime soon. It will depend on availability more than anything. Cost is less than $5 per dozen between the two.

Play the Callaway Chrome Soft LS today and it was just awesome. Just luv that ball.

I played the Bridgestone Tour B RXS for the first time today. Wow, this ball is great for me! It seemed to limit spin off the driver as my slices were not as severe, but the irons had plenty of spin to hold greens. The course I played has notoriously hard greens so landing short is always best, but the Bridgestone was able to stick to the greens today. Pleasantly surprised and I can’t wait to give these another shot!

Bridgestone Tour BX.

Started with the RXS and Asa 6.3 index was not loving it and was 5 over through 5 holes.

Switched to the BX and went 2 under with a 3 putt bogey on the next 13.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

I have played the same Bridgestone Tour B RX for the last 45 holes and the durability is great with this ball. The yellow shows up well. Has a good feel off the Chicago putter. Seemed to handle the Kansas winds quite well today.

Put the Chrome Soft X in play today. Played awful so didn’t get great feedback, but had a few shots hit and stop from 50-70 yards, which was great. Also hit my longest drive ever on two holes.

Played a Pro-V1x yesterday. Not sure from what year...regardless, the ball stayed in play, had the spin I'm looking for, and lasted the whole round despite kissing a few trees. Great ball.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

The Zstar is a very good ball, feels good off the driver and putter. Just bought a dozen with a gift certificate I had.

I just went through the last of my 2019 Maxfli Tour balls, so now I'm switching over to the 2021 Maxfli Tour balls. I think they perform pretty well, especially for the cost, and although I want to try some of the higher end balls at some point, just not worth the cost right now for me.

Still playing the Vice Pro Plus and still really impressed with everything about them including the cost!

I just went through the last of my 2019 Maxfli Tour balls, so now I'm switching over to the 2021 Maxfli Tour balls. I think they perform pretty well, especially for the cost, and although I want to try some of the higher end balls at some point, just not worth the cost right now for me.

I also play the Maxfli Tour (2019). Very underrated. I don't find it lacking in any respect vs the more expensive balls. Just the right amount of softness and it goes far.

I also love the matte green color only available with the 2019 version. Not sure what I'm going to do once Dicks runs out of inventory.

Chrome Soft. The ball was superb in all areas of the game

Ok so I need some help - I used a Callaway Chrome+ - that ball was great, the spin allowed me to shoot a low round of recent times at 39, loved it off face of irons and wedges into greens and the putter rolled nicely.

What is the current that would be equivalent. Is Chrome + similar to Chrome Soft or X?

Played an alternate shot event yesterday. Ended up hitting my partners XXIO balls. Didn’t even know they made one. It was fine. Felt decent, ok around the greens… no complaints.

Back