What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played a Snell MTB today. Kind of finishing up my personal ball testing and snells were at the bottom of the list. Had hit them a bunch on monitor and I think what I saw held pretty true on course. Hard to say playing new irons for the first time, but I'll have a bunch of holes with them on my regular clubs this weekend to confirm. Pretty good ball imo though. Softer feel, but plays pretty long. I absolutely crushed a couple off the tee, and iron distances were decent. It can definitely spin enough to hold. I backed one up about 15' and everything else pretty much dropped. Only had one mid pitch or short one I wasn't trying to roll out, so jury's kind of out on that. Seemed to perform about the same as the Vice Pro but with a way better sound and feel. So I was impressed enough to not move on quickly.
So was this with the 770’s?

TP5 today.

Absolute chipping clinic today. Glorious wedge spin. Irons clinically accurate. Putting medicore. Driver very wayward but LONG.

So reliable. Love this ball. If only I performed as consistently.

Played Titleist Tour Speed yesterday.
Got some great driver distance.
Will continue to rotate them in my game.

Chrome Soft Truvis red white blue USA ball today. Does everything I need it to do. handled the 20mph winds well today.

Yellow Snell MTX. I love this ball. I will keep gaming these. I still have a bunch of Z-Stars to work through during the winter but I will just use those as back up balls if I am having a bad day and lose a couple balls.

Kirkland Signature. It was cool this AM with ~20 mph winds and plenty of leaves on the ground. Played it because I thought a few balls might find the aqua do to wind or hide under leaves. Nope, kept my ball in play today. Thoughts?...I like the price point but will stick with Bridgestone Tour B RX for the foreseeable future.

Recently tried the TP5 Pix and was pleasantly surprised. Late adopter as I thought it was gimmicky and never really gave it a shot but man I thoroughly enjoyed it. Still love and trust the Zstar XV though

I played the last two rounds with the TP5X in super windy conditions and I thought the ball behaved very well. It seemed to hold its line well in the wind and behaved well around the greens. I played 36 holes with the same ball and it was still in good shape. I think I prefer it to the ProV1X which was the last dozen I played. I find the cover of the TP5X to be more durable.

2020 Chromesoft Truvis White/Red

Difficult to give a proper assessment of the ball as it has been a lot cooler here in the UK this weekend where I am, but I get the impression it is longer than the previous generation based on where I was hitting some second shots from

Performance on the greens will have to wait as my club did some major work about a week ago so they aren't at their best yet, but seeing a 4i carry 200yds and stop within a couple feet of where it pitched is quite impressive so I will be keen to see what it can do next year when the temperature warms up again

I am still gaming through ‘20 CSX w/ TT. I have been touting this ball since the GranDaddy and I’m still in love. No weakness here as this ball performs on all aspects of the game.

Plus I’m using a TT putter paired with the TT ball! Sounds like @jdtox might need to give this combo a go as well!!! ;)

Played Titleist Tour Speed yesterday.
Got some great driver distance.
Will continue to rotate them in my game.
It’s a damn solid ball, buddy. (y)

Past couple of rounds I have been using the TP5x. Coming from Maxfli Tour and then TP5, the TP5x is lower spin and I am getting more distance with my irons. Putting feels just fine with them, although I think part of that is me no longer using the Stroke Lab putter (face is too hot for my liking.)

I played my favorite OnCore Avant55 matte green balls last weekend and did well with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I played my favorite OnCore Avant55 matte green balls last weekend and did well with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice, Tehuti. The 55 compression is appealing to me. How does the ball feel? Does the matte ball get dirty more easily?

Nice, Tehuti. The 55 compression is appealing to me. How does the ball feel? Does the matte ball get dirty more easily?

It is a soft ball, which I prefer and it does get dirty pretty easy. Nothing a wet towel can't fix. As they wear the matte finish becomes more glossy, but they are pretty durable. I rarely see any scuffs or cuts on them.

I played a Srixon Z-star and a Bridgestone Tour B RXS yesterday. Both performed great! If I had to choose I would pick the Z-star. The performance is optimal and you can find these for great price.

I recently played a Bridgestone Tour B RX and while great around the greens and good with irons it was short when I used it with a driver, shorter than any other ball I've hit and that was a bit of a shock if I'm honest.

I was given a few Bridgestone Tour B RXS and the difference between this and the form is night and day, I'm loving the B RXS and I've produced some of my lowest scores. This ball flat out flies, long, straight and stops and checks on the greens for me. Ball feels great from the putter too.

I can't explain the fact I saw a big difference in driver distance, but for me given the both ball types are geared for my swing speed that distance drop of was bizarre.

The Tour B RXS, a really solid ball for me and probably my new gamer.

Srixon XV was outstanding all weekend at The Morgan Cup

Except for 9 hole Alt Shot with @Jmk202 with the Bridgestone Tour B that ball was legit too

Have played the last 3 rounds with a Bridgestone Tour B RXS and really like that ball. I did not care at all for all previous generations of the RXS ball but this one is truly different. I thought the previous version felt too soft and I didn't seem to be able to get any distance out of them. The new version is just as long as my normal RX and does spin a little more than that model when being hit into greens. Would not hestitate one bit to put a new RXS into play in a tournament round.

played a Cut Blue again...that's a pretty good ball at the price point.

First generation OnCore Avant yesterday. I played well with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never did play the TM Project (a). I mean, despite my preferring a softer feeling ball and it being recommended to me often here and elsewhere, I just never did try it before.

...and I still haven't.

But I did play the TM TOUR RESPONSE today. Didn't score particular well (81) but I did strike the ball solidly. I have to say, I like it.

Quite a bit.

As far as I could tell, it played similarly for me as the TP5 and TP5x. Felt softer and my perception was that it flew a bit straighter.

Checked all the boxes including spin around the greens. Incidentally, I just now watched the TXG comparison video between the Tour Response, TP5 and TP5x. Gotta say, I mostly agree with their results.

2020 chrome soft Truvis yesterday

Handled the wind pretty well I thought, approaches in to greens with full shots were stopping quick

Can't really comment on the partial greenside shots as the greens were recently punched and sanded so they weren't the best and you got some unpredictable reactions at times

Tour B XS yesterday. Still have never hit a ball with this much action into greens. It’s hilariously fun.

Back