What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played several balls over the last few days to include Srixon Soft Feel, ERC Soft, and E12 Contact. I also grabbed a couple dozen Srixon AD333 but haven't played them yet. I don't love the Soft Feel, just felt kind of mushy is all I can think to describe them. I only had two E12 left and inevitably lost them but I liked those pretty well. Also enjoyed the ERC Soft well enough, especially the TT for alignment purposes. I think what I learned is that I prefer a slightly firmer ball but I'm far from an expert haha.

Found a “pearl” Kirkland performance + and used for an entire round. Usually play Pro V, TP 5 or Bridgestone Tour B XS. Kirkland was shorter off the driver, similar distance and spin off irons.
Not a bad ball for the price. Shot a good score with it though, but would not buy due to not being Costco member.

Srixon Soft Feel today for 18. Great durability. Great off the tee for me providing some lower spin which I need. I kept track today and never had an iron approach shot roll out more than 5 feet from the ball mark and had 3 that where within a foot. On chips I have adjusted to a bit of rollout and am good with it.

csx yellow with tt. i’m not a yellow ball guy but i agree with @JMB3 that these are much more durable than the white. for that reason this will be my ball going forward (assuming i can find more stock).
That's really interesting. :unsure:

still playing through the dozen PV1/PV1X refurbs i got from wal-mart...not sure what years they are but they've been nice to play. i figured i'd be just about out but i still have 8 of them...they must not be REAL pro v's if i'm not losing them :unsure:

That's really interesting. :unsure:

it makes no sense but i can play a yellow ball an entire round with no rashing. not often the case with the white.

Tour B XS today just to shake things up. Good ball, especially off the driver. Didn't really hit irons/wedges good enough today to form an opinion.

Played 2019 Yellow ProV1x. My ball search for the year is over. ProV1x is in the bag. Just does everything I asked it to do.

Still the latest version of the ChromeSoft X for me. My thoughts haven't changed much. Best performing ball I've ever played, but not durable at all (which is a complaint I've always had about the CS line).

With my swing change I have been playing Srixon Soft Feels in red and orange. Cheap balls that are easy to find and that I don't mind losing. All in all I think these are decent for the price(£15 per dozen) but there is a noticeable drop off in greenside spin vs Z Stars. I can't really comment on distance, I haven't really noticed any gain or loss.
Having said all of that I think I am now confident enough to change over to using Z Stars again as I have a played a few consecutive rounds without losing any balls. The greenside spin is worth the money.
I really want to buy some Snell MTBX's but they are completely sold out of all balls here in the UK.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I've been playing the Snell MTB Black for the last 24 rounds or so. I like its consistency, soft feel and distance comparable to the 2020 Chrome Soft it replaced. Where I have somewhat of an issue with it, and it may or may not be the fault of the ball but me, is that it may be too soft combined with the Odyssey 10 w/TT on the green as I tend to leave a lot of putts dead center but a revolution away from going on. That may change over time as there has been a lot of rain all year and maybe when the greens firm up and pick up a little speed that won't be an issue.
The Odyssey insert putters always feel too soft to me.

Played 3 rounds with the Chrome Soft this weekend. It was a great experiment! Greenside spin is night and day versus the Supersoft I had been playing. Tons of distance off the driver and great stopping power with the irons. CSX for the next round!

After years, I finally broke down and tried the proV1. Around the green it was nice but sheesh was it low launching. It practically fell out of the air. I play in an area where you don't get much roll so this cut off my distance by a lot. Stunningly disappointed.

I found an old box of Srixon Z-Star SL's in the garage and brought them along last Friday. What a great ball! Put it in play on #10 and hit a bomb right down the middle. Went on to shoot a 40 on the back, as good of a 9 hole score I've had all year...

I think what impressed me most about the ball was durability and how it stayed cleaned. Only wiping it off with a dry towel, ball washers were scarce, it looked brand new after 9 holes.

Really like the TP5 off the tee. Really dislike losing them in the H2O, and jungle. Nice straight flight, much less curve than other balls. Still feel a bit hard for me off the wedge and putter. (I've been playing Wilson DuoSofts, which are about 1/3th the compression.)

Last edited:
Played the Chrome soft LS for my last round and I do think this will be my ball for the remainder of the year. Performance was great and durability was good. It was one of those rare rounds where I played the same ball for 18 holes. Hit a couple of trees and still looked good enough that it will start the next one

Is there any ball that will get me 80% of the performance of the TP5 at about 1/4 of the price? I'm cheap, and it pains me deeply when I lose them.

I just recently played last years model of the TP5x. I have to say it felt so hard and clicky. I couldn't stand the feel on or around the greens. I'm used to playing the Srixon Z Star XV and the Pro V1x, but I have to say, the TP5x was a new level of hard for me. No thanks.

CS Triple Track. Great ball for me and love the softer feel off the irons. I may try the CSX variants to see if they're any longer. I'm able to hit the standard CS to 250-260 on well struck drives again. A bit farther if I really smoke one.

I just recently played last years model of the TP5x. I have to say it felt so hard and clicky. I couldn't stand the feel on or around the greens. I'm used to playing the Srixon Z Star XV and the Pro V1x, but I have to say, the TP5x was a new level of hard for me. No thanks.
Give this year's a shot if you get a chance. They improved that quite a bit.

The new Vice black golf ball.

Idk what I was thinking. Impossible to see. They’ll go quick. Lost one on a pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chrome Soft X, actually liked it a lot. Felt very good off the face, around the greens and putting. It's definitely in the top 3 of what I've tried when I compare it to TP5X and ProV1X.

Give this year's a shot if you get a chance. They improved that quite a bit.
Just jumping on your post if you don't mind - I posted in the TP5 thread but haven't seen a reply from anyone (unless I have missed it)

I have been trying the previous generation TP5x and have been impressed with how it plays, but not with the durability of the cover - is this latest version better in terms of durability?

Bridgestone E12 Contact. Not a fan. Back to RXs and Chrome Softs for me. They didn't feel great off of the club face and looked like way more side spin than i am used to on my mid irons.

Back