What book are you reading?

Ludin

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I apologize if there are other threads on this, but I did a search and didn't see any.

What book are you reading and would you recommend it?

I am currently reading Zen Golf by Dr. Joseph Parent and would highly recommend it so far. It's appears to be a very quick read but has a lot of great techniques and ideas for the golf game.

After that I will move on to a couple of non fiction books not related to golf

I read a lot of fiction. Just finishing Game of Snipers by Stephen Hunter. Not sure what I'll read next.

I just completed 75 Hard, and part of it was to read 10 pages minimum of Self-Improvement type books a day.

My absolute favorite, and one I HIGHLY recommend is "Can't Hurt Me" by David Goggins.

Absolutely fantastic book that I will definitely be re-reading at some point in the future.

I just finished "A Thousand Steps" by T. Jefferson Parker. Interesting mystery set in a 1960s Counterculture Laguna Beach California. The main character, a 16 year old, solves his sister's disappearance.

I am about to start Boom Town

I'm reading so much technical crap for work that I'm not reading anything at home. I'll probably start reading some books on weather and flying to get ready for hang glider season.

Ridgeline by Michael Punke. Its a novelization of the Fetterman Fight between the U.S. Cavalry and the Lakota Sioux in Wyoming during the 1860s. I'm kind of a history nerd and it's awesome.

Killing Floor by Lee Child and will follow it up with the 2nd book in the series.

I have been reading a book I loved as a kid to my kids. The Hatchet.

I have been reading a book I loved as a kid to my kids. The Hatchet.
I remember reading that when I was a kid as well. Don't remember too much of the book but always thought the name of the book was cool when I was a kid.

I've got a few ongoing. "Parkland" by Vincent Bugliosi, "The Second World War" by Churchill and "Make Your Next Shot Your Best Shot" by Bob Rotella.

I just finished "Billion Dollar Spy" about our perhaps most important spy ever in Russia during the Cold War and "Cycle of Lies" about Lance Armstrong.

I do 90% of my leisure reading, I mean listening, on Audible. I love the convenience but I miss books.

I remember reading that when I was a kid as well. Don't remember too much of the book but always thought the name of the book was cool when I was a kid.

Great book. My kids are enjoying it.

Just downloaded Chuck Klosterman “the nineties “
Should keep me busy for a bit

The Birth of Loud by Ian Port. I'd recommend it if you're a fan of guitars and want an easy read. It's about polar-opposite rivals Leo Fender and Les Paul as they both helped usher in the electric guitar.

I'm slowly making my way through 'A Course Called America' by Tom Coyne. It documents his journey playing his way back and forth across the country playing at least one course in every state. Apparently he's done similar books about Scotland and Ireland, along with two other golf-related books. While he doesn't go into great detail about each course, there are some interesting tales about the people he meets and the travel experiences he has along the way. I'd recommend it to a golfer, and I'll probably try to find some of his other books.

Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco. Absolutely brilliant.

Point of Impact. Novel that the movie Shooter, was based. I'm rereading Stephen Hunters Bob Lee Swagger series.

Point of Impact. Novel that the movie Shooter, was based. I'm rereading Stephen Hunters Bob Lee Swagger series.
I’ve read a number of these. I like the ones about Swaggers son. It’s been awhile since Ive read them.

I’ve read a few of these including Targeted, the most recent one in the series.

51KvAoff+ZL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
This book and the 5-part series on HBO Max is simply amazing.

Xenocide, Orson Scott Card. It's my 2nd time fully through the Ender series.

For pleasure:
51HsFY3rRBL.jpg

For work (via Audible and reading along while listening):
51mySVM6XbL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just started reading Moneyland by Oliver Bullough. Should be a real interesting read based on everything that is going on.

Back