what brand do you perfer?

$AlAsKaNHaKeR8$

Reaction score
Handicap
i perfer titleist because they make exalent clubs and balls and putters so pretty much everything

Nike, Titleist, TaylorMade, they all make good products.

I like my Mizunos. I used to be pretty big into Titleist, but not so much anymore.
I really like Ping too. Ive owned a few Pings and the craftsmanship is pretty amazing on them. If I were in the market for new clubs, Id definetly have to give Ping some serious consideration.
As far as golfballs go, I really like anything except for Titleist and TM/Maxfli. Ive tried Top-Flites, Callaways, Bridgestones/Precepts and Srixons and I liked all of them.
I recently got the chance to test of some Top-Flite D2 Feel and really liked them. Those are probably going to be the ball I play most of them time because they perform well and are inexpensive ($15 for a box of 15).
Im going to try to do more to support American golf companies or at least companies that make their stuff here in the USA. I think thats important because the way its going, before long nothing will be made here anymore and we should be doing more to support companies that support us by providing us with jobs.
Most like now some of you are thinking, "Bake, are you going to sell your Mizunos???" The answer is, Nope. Mizuno's clubs that are sold here in the US are made here. I think they are made in Georgia. Granted, the heads of forged irons are made in Japan and the cast irons and woods/hybrids are made in China; but they are assembled here in the US, they are OK with me.
Beyond that, there arent any golf companies that I really dislike other than Titleist, Nike and Taylormade. That stems mostly from my own personal opinion that the success of those companies has more to do with marketing and sponsoring the best players than because of some superior design or craftsmanship.

Bake I don't think your post is long enough :D

LOL...ya think? I stepped up on the soapbox a bit there. I do think its important to support companies that build their stuff here. We cant be sending ALL of the jobs to China.

LOL...ya think? I stepped up on the soapbox a bit there. I do think its important to support companies that build their stuff here. We cant be sending ALL of the jobs to China.

I didn't read your whole post, I just kind of scanned through it. I don't like reading :D

Cleveland was owned by Quiksilver for a long time and my cousin was sponsored by them. They were/are a local SoCal company and all I remember as a kif is my dad playing 588 wedges so that's what I have played for a long time. I'll more than like get some Callaway X-22 tour irons soon which ironically are a Roger Cleveland design (the founder of Cleveland golf).

Cleveland was owned by Quiksilver for a long time and my cousin was sponsored by them. They were/are a local SoCal company and all I remember as a kif is my dad playing 588 wedges so that's what I have played for a long time. I'll more than like get some Callaway X-22 tour irons soon which ironically are a Roger Cleveland design (the founder of Cleveland golf).

OT, but I hit the X-Forged II's today, oh my goodness, heaven!! I love the Project X shaft too.

I'll more than like get some Callaway X-22 tour irons soon which ironically are a Roger Cleveland design (the founder of Cleveland golf).
Callaway X-Forged irons are designed by Roger Cleveland too.

Callaway X-Forged irons are designed by Roger Cleveland too.

Yeah a lot of Callaway stuff is now. My set is going to be a X-22 Tour/X-Prototype combo set. The wedges are Cleveland designed too but I'll more than likely keep my Nikes or go with Eidolons.

OT, but I hit the X-Forged II's today, oh my goodness, heaven!! I love the Project X shaft too.

Yeah I hit them with the PROX flighted in a 6.5. Was the perfect shaft for me.

And those babies are AMAZING! :drool:

Yeah a lot of Callaway stuff is now. My set is going to be a X-22 Tour/X-Prototype combo set. The wedges are Cleveland designed too but I'll more than likely keep my Nikes or go with Eidolons.
You cant deny that Cleveland knows how to make some of the sweetest wedges there is.

Yeah I hit them with the PROX flighted in a 6.5. Was the perfect shaft for me.

I hit the 5.5's they were great, almost felt too soft though. I think I'm going to hit up eBay for a set of the original X-Forged with 5.5's or 6.0's

You cant deny that Cleveland knows how to make some of the sweetest wedges there is.

No that's all I've played until a month ago. In fact Cleveland is giving out really good deals locally on old Form Forged 900 Tour Action Wedges. (The ones Vijay still plays). For only 69 a pop I may pick some up as presents to my brother and dad**.

**Okay maybe one for me too :D

....Yeah and Alex as I've been playing like crazy lately and taking lessons my 6.0's are starting to feel to soft, especially in the tip.

No that's all I've played until a month ago. In fact Cleveland is giving out really good deals locally on old Form Forged 900 Tour Action Wedges. (The ones Vijay still plays). For only 69 a pop I may pick some up as presents to my brother and dad**.

**Okay maybe one for me too :D

....Yeah and Alex as I've been playing like crazy lately and taking lessons my 6.0's are starting to feel to soft, especially in the tip.

I hate you and your massive strength :angry:

I hate you and your massive strength :angry:

LMAO, it's not for or from golf. I was really reluctant at first but after several fitting sessions I'll be getting X-stiff (depending on the shaft of course) in my next set up. You'll get there though, I'm 6'2" and almost 200lbs and you've got more growing to do.

LMAO, it's not for or from golf. I was really reluctant at first but after several fitting sessions I'll be getting X-stiff (depending on the shaft of course) in my next set up. You'll get there though, I'm 6'2" and almost 200lbs and you've got more growing to do.

Starting next week I'm going to be working out 6 days a week, with specific golf drills. And I'm only supposed to be 5'8"-5'10" :angry:

I'm also double jointed on my knees so I never really put any stress on them which helps a lot too in not holding back when firing my hips. I'm pretty out of shape actually, I don't have near the body I had when I qualified for the Olympics back in 2004.

I'm also double jointed on my knees so I never really put any stress on them which helps a lot too in not holding back when firing my hips. I'm pretty out of shape actually, I don't have near the body I had when I qualified for the Olympics back in 2004.

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Explain please.

Nothing Special I qualified to sit on the bench for the Olympic Water Polo Team lol, then got sick and couldn't go.

Nothing Special I qualified to sit on the bench for the Olympic Water Polo Team lol, then got sick and couldn't go.

That's very special, not too many people qualify to go to the olympics.

Yes and while I'd never call golf easy it's a lot more relaxing than getting punched in the face while trying to tread in eight feet of water. I'd be deadly if I ever learn to read greens or put, my pro has helped me so much with my swing. In fact my distances are off now because of it. I pulled 4 iron last week on a 195 yard par 3 and carried the the green by about 15 yards. I was happy and pissed.

On another note, sorry to the mods (we were the only ones here up late) and probably should have gone to the banter away thread.

Yeah, but it was still entertaining to read and since when did a thread on this site stay on topic? :beauty:

For me, I like Nickent, Callaway, Tour Edge, and am starting to come around on Taylormade.

Back