What course kicks your butt?

KEV

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you all have a course that kicks your butt whenever you play it? Maybe there's one that is more challenging for you or maybe it's a certain style of course. What is that for you?

For me it's Dakota Dunes in Southeast, SD. It's a private course and is a Arnold Palmer design that absolutely dominates me every time. The driver is taken out of your hands on a lot of holes and you have to play to certain distances on many of the holes. You also have to place the ball in the right spot off the tee or you may not have an angle to the green. I'm a 7 handicap and my lowest score there is 94. It's a really good looking course and is always in great shape but man I can't figure it out.

Scarnici

#TeamParadise
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score

GraniteRoost

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Safe to say The Shattuck has my number. This year is the year @OITW

OITW

Contestant in #THPSweep
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Clock
Safe to say The Shattuck has my number. This year is the year @OITW
kicked by butt last year, but like the Ridge above I’ve put together some memorable rounds - can’t wait to tee it up with you again buddy.

need to check out that NH track you’ve been raving about

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
Northumberland Links, which is ironic as it's the course I play most often. However, when it gets baked out in July and August I have trouble breaking 90. Yet in the spring and fall I have no issues shooting low 80's.

MattyD-MPLS

Captain for The 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you all have a course that kicks your butt whenever you play it? Maybe there's one that is more challenging for you or maybe it's a certain style of course. What is that for you?

For me it's Dakota Dunes in Southeast, SD. It's a private course and is a Arnold Palmer design that absolutely dominates me every time. The driver is taken out of your hands on a lot of holes and you have to play to certain distances on many of the holes. You also have to place the ball in the right spot off the tee or you may not have an angle to the green. I'm a 7 handicap and my lowest score there is 94. It's a really good looking course and is always in great shape but man I can't figure it out.
Kev, that course may have one of my most favorite rounds of all time! I shot 74 from the tips when it was 40ish degrees and windy. Our team eventually went on to win and qualify for the NCAA championship.

The 9th hole there is so hard!

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Currently? Pretty much all of them. ;)

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
ANY Nicklaus design.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOATHE.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV

KEV

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Kev, that course may have one of my most favorite rounds of all time! I shot 74 from the tips when it was 40ish degrees and windy. Our team eventually went on to win and qualify for the NCAA championship.

You suck! I have a mental block with this stupid course. I'm sure it's a lot of fun for you decent golfers:ROFLMAO:

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.3

That doesnt sound like any Palmer course I've ever played. Strange.

KEV

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That doesnt sound like any Palmer course I've ever played. Strange.
That surprises me. I've played two different Palmer courses and they were both very similar to each other. Now I'm curious about his other courses.

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.3
That surprises me. I've played two different Palmer courses and they were both very similar to each other. Now I'm curious about his other courses.
There are 3 local Palmer courses here and they are all bombs away with awesome reachable risk/reward par 5s.

snafu

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
all of them

KEV

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

The ninth is definitely a tough one. The hole I hate the most though is the dogleg right fifth where you have to hit over the water with a hybrid or something like that and then you have at least 160 left in depending where you landed. Plus the bunker around it and the green is pretty sloped. They need to burn that hole down.

bigfish1217

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Mystic Creek Golf Club, El Dorado AR, will eat most everyone’s lunch and dinner

NoGoal

Is it really the Indian?
Reaction score
Handicap
PGA West Stadium Course!

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.3
For me there's one that springs instantly to mind. Swaneset Links course.
It's a Lee Trevino design that is simply awful. Every hole has trouble on both sides - water & swamp. Like, you don't even bother looking for your ball if you missed the narrow fairways. Adding to the fun, the fairways bank down to the hazards so once you take your drop you're still effed on a steep sideslope.
I feel like even when I play well I'm just never going to score well there.

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13.9
Dove Mountain in Marana, AZ. Only played it once, but it's probably the hardest, most unforgiving course I've ever played. I slunk away afterward with my tail between my legs.

Luchnia

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They all do, but my local 9 hole most of all. It will "nail" me when all the rest don't and I hate to even look at my scorecard afterwards. Hilly fairways, some over water, tiny greens up on high hills (requiring high lofted wedges most of the time) makes for some serious whacking and eats my lunch often. I am determined to figure out how to get a decent score there, but that may never happen.

One thing my local course is doing for me, is making other courses so much easier. I went to a course last week and the greens felt like hitting to football fields after playing my local course greens. My local course may teach me how to play this crazy game. :unsure:

CobraX51

F-ck Yeah Baby!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cheval. Lansbrook. Dunedin. Just to name a few.

In the next week or so I plan on getting back to Dunedin to get some payback. Donald Ross design course and one I struggled with but hope to improve the next time out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Anything with forced carry off the tee, or penalty areas that need to be carried on certain shots.

zbeekner4

Proud 2019 Grandaddy Alum
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Copperhead at Innisbrook. I’ve played 4 or 5 times and I actually really want to like the course but it eats me up.

KEV

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Copperhead at Innisbrook. I’ve played 4 or 5 times and I actually really want to like the course but it eats me up.
That course is BRUTAL. If you're off at all you're basically dead.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in