What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played ok on the front, awful on the back. 45/51 96. Had a five hole stretch where my best score was double bogey. Helps to keep the ball in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51/48 for a 99. Took my first lesson afterward. We started on short game. Looking forward to the ride..

Enjoy the peaks and valleys. Should be a fun one!

A nice 18 today.
45/44 89 with one birdie and 41 putts. Geesh!! I am almost embarassed to post that number. One 1-putt, six 3-putts. On the bright side, I hit my lines well, lipped out three putts, and distance control from inside 25 ft was pretty good.
I should just try to hit the ball closer to the hole.

47/50 at Salinas Fairways with 34 putts. There were two main issues: accuracy off the tee and shots under 100. I'm definitely going to address both areas with my instructor to get them smoothed out. All in all it was a good round so I'm going to keep grinding until I get where I need to be!

A one over 73 today - great ball striking with poor putting on less than ideal greens. They were slow and a little beat up so I watched a lot of putts snake towards the hole and stop short. I also pulled a couple 4 footers for par. :banghead:

I hit 13 of 14 fairways with my only miss a yard off the 17th fairway right after thinking about the fact that I had hit every fairway. I'm looking forward to getting back out there tomorrow and Saturday!!

Played a disappointing 92 (44-48) with 4 penalties. I struggled with my foot injury on the back 9.

4 pars 8 bogeys 6 double+, 32 putts (No 3-putt), 6/14 FIR, 2/18 GIR, 1/12 Up and down, 1 sand save, Longest drive: 266 yards, Avg: 243 yards

Get that foot better, injuries are tough.

Get that foot better, injuries are tough.

Thanks... Plantar fascia is a pain in the ***!

On a positive note, I used the THP coin that Brad sent me as a marker and made 32 putts, a PB!

43/41-84 today at Plantation in Frisco. 34 putts and found 57% of the fairways. Had a one hour frost delay this morning and there is a junior tournament this weekend which means a brutal 4.5 hours for 18 holes.

Started the first 2 holes with bogeys due to 2 chips per hole. Ended up with 38 on the front. I thought I was going to shoot a score..... back 9 48 had other plans. Just could not hit a shot on the back. Front 9 I was making 12 to 15 ft putts, back 9 when I finally got on the greens I missed 4 to 5 footers. This damn game...

Shot a PB today of 73, 36/37. Wasn't keeping track of anything else but all I know is I was hitting greens and making putts. This was the first round that I have really LOVED the Z745 irons. Hit them low, high, draw, fade, everything just clicked today. I hope there is more of this type of golf in the future for me!!! LOL

Shot a PB today of 73, 36/37. Wasn't keeping track of anything else but all I know is I was hitting greens and making putts. This was the first round that I have really LOVED the Z745 irons. Hit them low, high, draw, fade, everything just clicked today. I hope there is more of this type of golf in the future for me!!! LOL
Nice shooting!

Second round of 2016. Shot 37 on front nine, low back got tired and shot 41 on the front for a 78.

First full 18 today in close to 3 weeks and while I shot 87 I had nothing but fun. Little bit of shoulder tenderness but back felt pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 - 38 - 77. 3 birdies (1 via a chip in) and 3 double bogeys. Ball striking was OK but not as good as last weekend at the Kickoff Classic. Guess I need the awesomeness of a THP event to bring out the best in me!

74. 3 Birdies out of 8 , Eagle
-------------------------------------
Holed out 18 Par 4 in two shots for Eagle.
Approach shot 127y 9i into wind, draw shot over tree, then rolled to the cup :bananadance:. (Set up by a 273y dr into wind)

Funny part of the drive is... I rehearse The Hammer, hitting it over the mountains.. with the airhammer, after impact, he goes Whhoooorrrrhhhh, I yell the same n stripe it!

013_zpsqcojjgfs.jpg

Last edited:
Played a par 32 Executive par 3 9 hole course with my wife this afternoon and shot a 1-under 31. My wife shot a 49 and I couldn't be more proud of her.

38/43 - 81. They had their local Toughman tourney today and we had to wait a good bit. Greens were super fast, pins were tucked in rough spots, but I started out great. Only 6 GIRs, but I had a lot of near misses. A putted pretty well today, but found myself above the hole and where they had the pins, it was very tough to get many two-putts. Got a little sloppy on the back, but overall a pretty good score.

42/41 at the home course. Iron play is just terrible right now. Frustrating since I am getting off the tee really well lately

40-41- 81 The temp (45) and 15-20 mph wind got me. Come on, I have to have some excuse , it couldn't just be me, right?

42/41 at the home course. Iron play is just terrible right now. Frustrating since I am getting off the tee really well lately

This is me right now too. Best tee game of my life but all kinds of unforced errors with irons means my scores are dependant on my short game.

This is me right now too. Best tee game of my life but all kinds of unforced errors with irons means my scores are dependant on my short game.
Yeah dude, I'm scrambling like a madman right now. It's crazy cus all last season I said if I got off the tee better idea be set hahaha

Time for new irons??

39 - 38 - 77. 3 birdies (1 via a chip in) and 3 double bogeys. Ball striking was OK but not as good as last weekend at the Kickoff Classic. Guess I need the awesomeness of a THP event to bring out the best in me!

PEDs is real, very real.

38/43 - 81. They had their local Toughman tourney today and we had to wait a good bit. Greens were super fast, pins were tucked in rough spots, but I started out great. Only 6 GIRs, but I had a lot of near misses. A putted pretty well today, but found myself above the hole and where they had the pins, it was very tough to get many two-putts. Got a little sloppy on the back, but overall a pretty good score.

40-41- 81 The temp (45) and 15-20 mph wind got me. Come on, I have to have some excuse , it couldn't just be me, right?

Nice shooting guys!

Was not pretty today. 44/47=91 :banghead: Started well and then the wheels fell off. All of a sudden the slice appeared and haven't had it for quite some time, and with the wind they where even worse. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and we will be out early. Best to be humbled by the course at times I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back