What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a tie of or an outright personal best today at newport national. i've been doing freddie's pump drill for 2 days to help me control my over the top move. for the first time i gamed a new miyazaki c kua 72g shaft that teedupthoughts so graciously had lent for me to try in my x2hot driver head (i love the results, this shaft is super stable and smooth). I also hit/gamed new alpha 815 hybrids with speeder 865 stiff shafts (great feeling and dispersion with that combo. and i am into week 2 or 3 of having done my iron set over with AXE tour 95/105gram shafts (like the others, i am loving the feel and stability of these). Through a steady 20-22 mph wind, playing a wilson duo ball, all these shafts kept the ball on track. 9/14 fir and the misses were not off by much, 14/18 gir. if you can tell, i am excited by this round. I have to tell someone because my family almost could not care less. lol 41 on the front, 40 on the back 81! the next round may be a 95 for me but for today....

52/45 for a 97. Saved some shot with a coupe up and downs withe the chipping I practiced. Five triples bogeys don't help much. Still grinding......

Shot 77 from the tips today with 36 putts.. Missed a 4ft eagle putt on 18. Played lights out except for the putting. Wind was up with 20 mph gusts.

47/43 for a 90 with a ton of 3 putts

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

41/45. Got tired on the back 9 and finished with a triple. But it was the first round in like 5 months so I can't complain too much. Lots of wind but still no excuse.

I have some work to do this spring to get my game back in shape.

Played in a small group tournament today, not at my home course.
39/40 79. 7/14 FIR, 10/18 GIR, 33 putts.
Triple bogey on one hole when I put my drive into the water. Missed a 3 ft birdie putt. One three putt. Could have been pretty good. I got away with a couple of wayward drives, putting was much better than previous rounds.
Should put me in the money for the tourney.
Can't complain too much.

94 (ESC 90) with an 11 on #3 and a birdie on #12

Couldn't get the driver face shut (I hit three fairways and missed the other ten to the right)

Played horrendously and shot 84.... but par is 68. No lost balls, no penalty strokes, 1 3 putt (on a really difficult green) and 7 1 putts. Actually some of those 2 putts were actually 1 putts because I putted from well off the green a few times... At least I rolled it well or I would have been lucky to keep it in double digits.

Need to hit the range this week as I have a 2 day club tournament next weekend.

I had a very good even par round even though I managed to 3 putt and miss a couple greens from 90 yards out. My 5 birdies was the most I've had in over a month.

Managed to play 36 yesterday! Shot 78 on the second 18 which way ahead of where I usually am this time of year ( as in - in the house with snow on the ground).

Shot a 92 yesterday. Will ESC to a 90. Too much work and to little golf lately. See some good signs in the game though. Short game and bunker play really holding me back. Need to get some practice in if I can ever find time.

Shot 82 at Royal Virginian yesterday on a really windy day. They cut the greens that morning and they were hard and fast. None of the pins were cut on level ground, sadist GK. Really difficult putting day, I rolled 2 balls off of the green. DOH! Honestly this is one of the best 82's I ever shot. I'm not the longest hitter out there, but 430 yard holes into a 30mph wind are hard for just about any amateur. All of the sand was pilled outside of the bunkers, it looks like they are putting in drainage which it a very good thing. They are putting money into the course. I played from 6500 yards and the course stretches to 7100, couldn't imagine playing that place from the tips on a nice day.

Not the best score ever, but pain free, and one new driver (bought an hour before teeing off) and no range time.
45/40 85. Even though it was not be my best, it was damn nice to play a round of golf without wincing on every swing.

Played the back nine first but put up a 42/46_88! Saw great improvements in the short game and putting. Had only 2 doubles and nothing worse so that's good for me as well. LOVE MY NEW HEAVENWOOD!!!

Not the best score ever, but pain free, and one new driver (bought an hour before teeing off) and no range time.
45/40 85. Even though it was not be my best, it was damn nice to play a round of golf without wincing on every swing.
Painfree! Awesome eddie!

Thanks. I was pretty excited about it.

43/41 for 84. I'm happy with that for my first round in about 2 months. Driver was really hot and cold, but I was pleasantly surprised by my wedge game after not having any short game practice this winter.

Got out for a quick 9, shot a 49. My driver has left me the last couple of times out but I'll get it figured out.

Had the best round of my life the other day. 46/45 for a 91 at Wood Ranch Golf Club.

Been approximately 7-8 months from my first lesson. Hoping to improving my game.

Had the best round of my life the other day. 46/45 for a 91 at Wood Ranch Golf Club.

Been approximately 7-8 months from my first lesson. Hoping to improving my game.

Thats awesome. Personal bests are always fun.

This makes me happy! Good news Eddie!

JM

42 on the front and 36 on the back for a 78

That is what I am talking about. Hopefully that is on the norm for Florida golf. Wishful thinking I am assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back