What did you shoot today?

43/41 = 84. 6/12 FW, 7/18 GIR, 29 putts with no 3 putts. One eagle, one birdie, 6 pars, 6 bogeys, 3 doubles and a triple. Always seem to have those 2 or 3 holes where it's like I completely forget how to play golf. Won a skin with the eagle at least, so there's that.

Played in my 2 man best ball. Shot an ok 78, but only hit 4 fairways. It’s hard to win one of these when you are constantly try to save par. Oh as a side note some 12 HC guy shot a 73. Yeah right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41/41 with a double on 9 and triple on 13.

I'm really perturbed with the 12th hole - it's the easiest par 4 on the course and I made a complete mess of it. Although for 8 through 11 I was channeling my inner @OldandStiff :p I'm not sure what's going on right now, normally I'm better at hitting fairways but with the scores I've been posting I'll trade the missed FIRs.
View attachment 9013565

B4B!??!

37 - 36 - 73. Approach game was pretty strong today and easily could have made 3 or 4 more birdies on halfway decent greens. 2 birdies, 13 pars and 3 bogeys.

45/40-85. Switched from Labatt Blue to Yuengling at the turn and saw an immediate impact. Tee game killed me on the three triples on the front.
074540D5-E110-491E-A3DF-F8D0096D7D30.jpeg

45/40-85. Switched from Labatt Blue to Yuengling at the turn and saw an immediate impact. Tee game killed me on the three triples on the front.
View attachment 9013638
Labatt Blue? over Yuengling?

I'm Canadian and even I won't drink Labatt Blue. Even if it was the only beer left in the fridge.:eek: Much, much better back nine: golf and beverage choice🔥

Labatt Blue? over Yuengling?

I'm Canadian and even I won't drink Labatt Blue. Even if it was the only beer left in the fridge.:eek: Much, much better back nine: golf and beverage choice🔥
Leftover from the party last weekend 🤷‍♂️ now I know better.

Shot 76 today 37 in first 9 and 39 in the second. A couple of sloppy bogeys to finish each 9. We halved the first match when my partner made a good par on the final hole. We were coming from behind the whole way.

Second match we got crushed. The guy getting 4 strokes from me birdied two of the first 4 holes then had a couple of net bogeys and we lost 4 down over a 9 hole match. I have played with the guy who made the birdies and his handicap is legitimate he got a lucky bounce on the first hole when he hit a loose shot then hit a good shot on a short par 3. 9 hole matches are tough because you don’t have time for a guy to return to his normal play.

I just can’t make any putts. I have now made 1 birdie in 45 holes. Being in the first flight not making birdies makes it tough to win matches.

41-44 for 85 today. First three holes on the back 9 I had a problem with right tee shots. a few lipped out putts and way too many bunker shots today. Such a fun day though and will be out practicing tomorrow!

Well after playing pretty bad last weekend with some back issues the back started feeling better and was able to get our Friday and Saturday evening for some twilight golf. Both rounds the last 3 to 4 hole were a little tough to see as it was getting dark but thought I played ok. Still some driver issues but it was manageable. Struck the irons pretty well and putting wasn't too bad. Both courses that I played were just over 6500 yards which is about my max tee distance I feel comfortable with and both are pretty challenging course. If it were not for 3 penalties I had on each round, a few miss birdie/par putts rounds would have been mid 80. Friday night 45/49=94, Saturday night 45/47=92.

This past week it was an 88 and a 90. Been struggling a bit with the swing change but that’s kind of expected. Actually the irons have been pretty good. Driver still erratic and I really have spent no time working on it so the results, while frustrating are no surprise. My short game, which was pretty good a couple months ago, seems to have taken a vacation. Again I’ve been neglecting practicing here as well. Good news is Friday’s 90 was 50-40 so I did manage to get it going in the right direction.

49/45 yesterday. A couple strokes high of my average on a tough little course. It is a tough local course with a high slope rating and dogs me, so I am happy with it as it was somewhat hot and extra humid out there.

I had a crazy jekyll and Hyde round. My first 18 of the year and it showed big time. First hole is a par 5...not a hard hole but there is a little creek about 100 yards from the green. I found it twice on my way to a 9....lol.

Front 9 I hit a 20 over.....A 20. back I hit 6 over. Much better. I wanted to quit after the first 9.

41/38 = 79 today in league play at Hidden Valley. Generally played solid, hit 9 greens and 30 putts and had 1 bird, but I bogeyed every single par 3. Yikes. Overall had a nice round though, 2nd 70's score of the year and I still feel like my best golf is ahead of me!

48/42 for 90. Ball striking was much better than the last few times but around the greens and putting was disappointing

Today it just didn't matter what I did - I could NOT get comfortable over the ball and it showed.
Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 3.58.11 PM.png

Back