What did you shoot today?

Sorry. 62. Have the digital card here somewhere, but I'm trying to add videos atm, and am struggling just to do that. Brain power is gooooone. :sleep: lol
Smokin' round, congrats and great job! (y)

93 thursday and I shot 80 for 15 holes yesterday.
The first few holes have been rough lately but then I smooth it out.

Date night 9 with my wife last night. Got around in 38 strokes. One two putt birdie, had a couple other birdie chances just miss. Lost 1.6 stokes putting overall, so the rest of the game was on fire. Game is feeling good.

Worst round of the year. Going to leave it at that. Maybe it was 36 yesterday, maybe it was the heat or wind or both, maybe it was my gal giving me grief about xyz, or maybe I stink at golf??? Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow morning. Calling my shot now....sub 84 or bust.

Happy to report it was a better day on the course. 10 pars and 8 bogeys for 80. Found trouble on 2 holes but scrambled for bogeys.

101, one of those rounds you want to forget and get out of your mind. Absolutely nothing worked this AM, nothing.... 3 putted all 4 par 3's after being on the green on all 4 with first shot. Last 3 rounds have been in the mid 80s, then jump up to 101 is really tough, having a buffalo trace and ginger on my back deck now to try and get over it, LOL....

Whelp.

The golf gods paid me back for that 76 yesterday. 47/43 for a 90 today. Not many big mistakes, just a bunch of little ones that added up, and one hole where it was like I completely forgot how to play golf. 5/12 FW, 4/18 GIR, 30 putts with one 3-putt. On the positive side, I had two chip-ins (one for birdie and one for par), kept my birdie streak alive, and broke even on the skins game by winning one skin.

It's been a while since I've had to play with a club thrower, but today was the day. Some friend of a friend, not part of our usual group, got put in our foursome. Mr. Temper Tantrum, slamming his club and dropping f-bombs every time he didn't hit a perfect one, throwing his clubs from the tee boxes and down the fairways, throwing his golf ball, sulking, and just generally being a douche. He hit his tee shot a little thin on 17 (par 3), but it was still on the green - he yelled "F***!!!!" and threw his club into the desert waste area past the forward tees, then he was fuming on the green and after he three-putted for a bogey he threw his ball at the golf cart, bouncing it off the side of the cart. He putted out on 18 while one of the other guys was still in a bunker, threw his club at the cart, walked off the green and drove away without shaking hands, saying thanks or anything. If I hated playing golf that much I wouldn't even play, what's the sense??? He's the perfect example of why I hate being paired with randos and will avoid it whenever possible, he was a total richard. I was almost going to yell out "Hey, nice to meet you!" as he walked off 18, but this dude was so volatile there's no telling what he might have done.

I finally put together 2 nines. Played a course I had not played in a few years which was redone and is a tough course. 41/41 for an 82. Best round of the season by far, been struggling to get under 90 this season. I had no penalties in the round which is huge but did have 4 3 putts so room for improvement. The greens were big and fast and had a few 50 60 ft putts. We'll see if I can keep it going for tomorrow or if it was a fluke. So close to my season goal of golfing under 80, so there's hope

For a day where I felt I did not play very well my score did not reflect that. I shot a 38-36-72 with 6 bogies and 4 birdies. Everything just felt off. Minus the one iron shot on a par 3 that ended up 1 foot from the hole. That one felt very very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46/40 86 Missed a load of birdie putts. Got to get the putting dialed in better, but happy with the score. :cool:

20210626_203811.jpg

Wife wanted to go once it got real hot :unsure: so we did. Took the ZX7's and tried to have some fun. New clubs, the heat, and hard and lightning fast greens really ate her up to start, but once she calmed down she got it going alright. Hit some really nice ones on the back, just still couldn't putt well today.

I took advantage of the par 5's, stuck some wedge approaches, and tried to keep her entertained. Was fun. Hit a couple interesting shots with the ZX7's.

44/43 = 87 yesterday on a new to me course. Fairly narrow and got a few rough breaks, but ultimately just couldn't get the ball in the hole on the front 9, and on the back 9 hit a few chunked wedges that screwed me. On the plus side though, I was able to make my first eagle of the year on a shorter par 5, so I'll take that! Plus always nice to be playing with my brother, dad and tennis coach from my school days.

Mentally exhausting round of golf... 53/47...just didn't have anything today... Driver and Wedges were junk today... Really frustrates me after a great range session.

xx/xx - xxx yesterday at Starr Pass CC (gold tees).

Yeah, it’s best that I leave out the actual numbers. Everything that I’ve done well went to hell in one round. Driver was abysmal, irons were spotty at best…well, you get the hint. I’m not sure if I was psyched out by playing the tips, but something was definitely off yesterday. Enjoyed playing with @Wildcat4life, @MSEASU, and Marcus (he actually crushed the course!)…I’m just sorry that they had to watch me flail around!! Oh well, I’ll be back at it this week!

Yeah, it’s best that I leave out the actual numbers. Everything that I’ve done well went to hell in one round. Driver was abysmal, irons were spotty at best…well, you get the hint. I’m not sure if I was psyched out by playing the tips, but something was definitely off yesterday. Enjoyed playing with @Wildcat4life, @MSEASU, and Marcus (he actually crushed the course!)…I’m just sorry that they had to watch me flail around!! Oh well, I’ll be back at it this week!
If I played that course from the tips my score would probably look more like xxx/xxx = xxxx. :LOL: It's a brute even from the "mortal" tee boxes!

D8E85877-1215-43D5-A7DC-3F1DBC03F8C2.jpeg

102 at Balboa GC. Not a great score for me but my best at that course. It’s very very narrow with tiny greens lots of doglegs and most misses are OB on all sides. The course has given me fits every time I play there so I was happy to grind out that score on a day when my game wasn’t working for me. Finally wisened up and switched to hybrid off the tee on most narrow holes and actually had my best fairways hit (50%) ever.

79. Brutally tough conditions today. 25 mph winds just made club selection impossible.

Backed it up with a 40-42. Still feel like putting is not good, but hitting a ton of greens.
Check how close to the pin you are when you do hit a green. It may not be poor putting just to far away to make an easy two putt. I once hit 16 of 18 greens and had four three putts.

Last edited:
87 yesterday. Despite that, so much is going right with my game. My wedges and short irons are getting so much better. My putting was extremely good. I burned the edges all day long. Normally one would say "well it couldn't have been that good if you weren't making them," but these were not short putts. They were fantastic attempts at putts I shouldn't make.

I need more consistency off the tee though. I'm generally striking the ball well, but just getting in a bit too much trouble to really lower my score. Chipping still needs to improve. My technique is sound and I'm striking the ball well, but either making a poor choice on type of shot, or simply making a poor estimation of the momentum needed. I'm leaving ten feet rather than two.

+1 over 21 holes. Had to skip around a bunch due to log jams and played some holes multiple times and only played 12 of the 18 physical holes. 1 eagle, 2 birdies, 3 bogeys and 1 double

Check how close to the pin you are when you do hit a green. It may not be poor putting just to far away to make an easy two putt. I once hit 16 of 18 greens and had four three putts.
Definitely part of it, but still had a handful of really good <15ft looks at birdie. Missed them all with several 3 putts mixed in.

Back