What did you shoot today?

Screenshot_20210624-115853_TheGrint.jpg

Wanted to play the usual practice place with my buddy, but the punched and sanded while I was gone, so only did 9.

One big mistake off the tee on 2, but par 5 helped there. Good to just chill out and catch up. Swing feels good. Smooth gas. I look like I'm moving in slow motion from behind on the few videos I took, and that's always a real good sign. Played TCB and CSX. Going to play ZX7 and V1x this afternoon.

Quite an UGLY 87 today. 44/43 with a single birdie. Swing feels good and hit the ball pretty well I thought just wasn't my day today. Course management was awful. Hit a couple drives too good that went through the fairway into knee high heather. Had one that went through into the trees with a 3w trying to play it safe. Club selection would have made a difference and my caddy (me) was terrible. Probably had 38 putts today as well. Extremely frustrating.

Last night at league, I shot a 4 over 39. Not bad, you say?

I made 3 bogies, 3 birdies, and 2 :sick: doubles. I made back-to-back birdies to get to even after 7. I hit a 287 yard drive uphill to wedge distance. Then proceeded to throw up all over myself. Hosel rocket into the tall grass. Barely got it out, chipped over, chipped on and one putt. Next hole, drove in the trees right, and that was the end of that hole. Oh I played so well outside of those two bad shots.

Next time!

46-39!!! Developing a pattern here. Destroy my round on the front and salvage on the back. Hole 2 I was looking good for a birdie and ended up with a double. I hate missing pitch shots.

I played 9 holes in the rain with my boss today. First time playing this course it was short and fairly easy. I played really well, first time being under par for 9 holes so it was a big milestone for me.

EBC03F23-7EF5-4825-8DD7-5313C28DDBB1.jpeg

Found the net minus side again this afternoon thanks to an opening eagle and a run of 4 straight birdies to start the back. A few of those were really good, but I mostly took advantage of the holes I'm supposed to outside that stretch. Played the 3 par 5's at -4. Did botch the shortest par 4 though.

Only 62% fairways but drove the ball really well, and missed some greens, but 26 putts thanks to some tap ins and real solid putting inside 7'.

Played the TSi3, ZX7, and '21 V1x. Really like that ball for those clubs, and the ZX7 just feel so good. Always fun to play them.

Congrats
I played 9 holes in the rain with my boss today. First time playing this course it was short and fairly easy. I played really well, first time being under par for 9 holes so it was a big milestone for me.

View attachment 9014400
Congrats on the first under par 9 man! That's awesome!

I'm sure there has been, but I don't recall a time when I took four penalties on a single hole. It's not that difficult of a hole either:rolleyes: Drive OB, take drop and try to punch a 7 out to around 110. Ball gets a little higher than intended, hits branch 20 yards ahead of me and deflects back OB. I can see it, so against better judgement I decide I'm going to play it. Got club on it, but only managed to drive it deep into the ground. Take drop, punch to original intended yardage and wedge onto green. Two putts later the charade is over. For the record is a five over par called a quintuplet?
June 25.JPG

39/37 for a 76 today. Had everything working at least reasonably well, and the short game and putter were en fuego. Missed a lot of greens close, then had a lot of up and downs for birdies and par saves. 6/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 24 putts. One zero putt, 11 one-putts, 5 two-putts and one 3-putt (first hole). 4 birdies, 7 pars, 6 bogeys and one double.

Was fortunate enough to get the blessing to run to local course for quick 9 at twilight. Shot a very solid 41, and it's worth noting that I left my driver in the car to work on other clubs. Played my new TE HL C521 almost exclusively off the tee with very solid results. Once I got the feel for it after a couple not as great shots it was fantastic. Even the less than stellar swings had nice results, very impressed with the forgiveness. I had 5 pars, and none of them were scrambles. Had 5 straight GIR and burned a couple edges and just made less than stellar putts on a few others, but all of them led to pars. We'll see if it lasts but this was a very encouraging outing.

A painful 48. Kept hitting everything low off the club face. Luckily my short game made things a little easier but not at all happy with the round

Worst round of the year. Going to leave it at that. Maybe it was 36 yesterday, maybe it was the heat or wind or both, maybe it was my gal giving me grief about xyz, or maybe I stink at golf??? Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow morning. Calling my shot now....sub 84 or bust.

Worst round of the year. Going to leave it at that. Maybe it was 36 yesterday, maybe it was the heat or wind or both, maybe it was my gal giving me grief about xyz, or maybe I stink at golf??? Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow morning. Calling my shot now....sub 84 or bust.

Go have a transfusion….or 3.

Pretty depressing 53/47 - 100. Hit one green in regulation, 50% of fairways, 34 putts, four one-putts, and 11 two-putts, with the longest second putt being four feet. Just couldn't string anything together without an unforced error - or four, which is how many it took me to get out of the greenside sand on 1. Or three, which is how many putts it took after pitching a lob wedge to three feet from 38 yards. It was so close to being a good round for me, but at the same time, I kept plugging, or it could have been a lot worse, because it was also so close to being a disastrous round.

Shot 39 in a late evening round. We're on aerated greens so only made one birdie and missed a few second putts thanks to the ball hitting aeration holes. Loving the ZX5/SteelFiber set up! Not totally thrilled distance-wise with my TSi2 at the moment. Gotta find time to test the Mizuno ST-X (Z) soon.

Go have a transfusion….or 3.
Say hello to #3…have to stop now b/c Jake isn’t here to pressure me and I need to be up and rolling by 6:30. 😀. Hope all is well with you!

image.jpg

Shot one of the better rounds of my life today. DIdn't want to play, decided to, to see if I could under the circumstances, and I guess I could. TSi3, TCB's, Vokeys, M Craft IV, TP5x.

Didn't make a par until hole 8 (6 birds and a bogey). Kind of leveled off a bit after that, but made some shots and kept chipping away. Chipping itself was really good too. Mostly tap ins with the wedges on limited greenside work, and some real good wedge approaches into firm greens. Didn't make any extraordinary putts, few in the mid range, but that M Craft is just about as good as it gets for me. Confidence is through the roof with it. Drier fairways helped from 7400 and mostly used the TSi3 deftly for each holes' needs. Couple iron approaches were tough due to lie or wind, but overall had good control with 15 GIR. Just one of those days, and still on a bit of a high from it. Going to try to get silly with the wife and a couple friends this weekend. She has new clubs to break in, so it should be fun.

Shot one of the better rounds of my life today. DIdn't want to play, decided to, to see if I could under the circumstances, and I guess I could. TSi3, TCB's, Vokeys, M Craft IV, TP5x.

Didn't make a par until hole 8 (6 birds and a bogey). Kind of leveled off a bit after that, but made some shots and kept chipping away. Chipping itself was really good too. Mostly tap ins with the wedges on limited greenside work, and some real good wedge approaches into firm greens. Didn't make any extraordinary putts, few in the mid range, but that M Craft is just about as good as it gets for me. Confidence is through the roof with it. Drier fairways helped from 7400 and mostly used the TSi3 deftly for each holes' needs. Couple iron approaches were tough due to lie or wind, but overall had good control with 15 GIR. Just one of those days, and still on a bit of a high from it. Going to try to get silly with the wife and a couple friends this weekend. She has new clubs to break in, so it should be fun.
So how good did you shoot? I mean, are we on 59 watch here??? Inquiring minds want to know!

So how good did you shoot? I mean, are we on 59 watch here??? Inquiring minds want to know!
Sorry. 62. Have the digital card here somewhere, but I'm trying to add videos atm, and am struggling just to do that. Brain power is gooooone. :sleep: lol

Back