What did you shoot today?

After a thoroughly depressing 89 from the blue tees on Wednesday, I moved up to the whites today and shot a 1 over 72 with 3 birdies and 1 eagle and one double. I'm a happy golfer again. Last time I shot one over was 36 years ago +/-

Last edited:
After a thoroughly depressing 89 from the blue tees on Wednesday, I moved up to the whites today and shot a 1 over 72 with 3 birdies and 1 eagle and one double. I'm a happy golfer again.
Always feels good to get that redemption. Great score!

Screenshot_20210709-170839_TheGrint.jpg

Played the Rahmbo Combo (CSX, TCB) for most of the round and it was good.

Didn't putt well. Fought the wind a bit and had longer 1st putts than preferred, so that with some still splotchy greens were tough. Didn't really hit anything of length though, and I usually pull off one somewhere...

Still mostly pounding my irons despite fighting the tired swing a bit. Carry numbers are strong without extra effort. Am trending left of center though. Wedges were GOOD. Stuck a few for easy birdies. Love having that part dialed in after putting Vokey's back in the bag.

Clean round, misses were small, survived an early bee sting pretty well, got to talk new clubs for a few hours out in the sunshine and work on a new driver thing on the last couple to good effect. That's a good day. :)

Only got in 11 holes thanks, once again, to the never ending rain in south GA. Was even par over those 11 with 2 birdies, 7 pars and 2 bogeys.

45-41 for a stroke better but still shakey! Again iron play is a full club longer as the swing changes are coming together. Hitting the ball well actually cost me today. May have to adjust my distance soon, one club is not cutting it so I’m pretty happy over all. Wedge play is still a frustration. Patience with the changes is tough. The flip is gone thankfully. Hit an 8 iron 180 today over the entire par 3 green. No frustration there, just a learning experience with the new swing.

On a side note I may need to flatten my irons from +2 to even if you will. I seem to be 10 yards left all the time.

42/41 for an 83. Just a 'meh' day all around - good enough to not totally blow up, but bad enough to leave a lot of strokes out there and chalk up 4 double bogeys. 4/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 33 putts with one 3-putt.

I'll go on record as saying fivesomes in summer heat sucks. Too much waiting around and not enough moving. It was 97° when we teed off at 7:00 am, and 107° when we finished at 10:20. One guy quit because of the heat after 9 holes, another tapped out after 15, and three of us finished out the last 3 holes. We were the only group we saw on the course the whole day, nobody ahead of us or behind us. I guess not many people like golfing on the surface of the sun. :ROFLMAO:

What could have been...
A hot start on the front with 3 birdies. Ended the 9 +2 (38). Back nine was tougher with thick rough grabbing my wedges. Tough pill to swallow when I am under 100 yards in and hit it short. Ended the round with an +9 81. Still, I am very happy with that score. Progress!

83 today with triples on 9 and 10, frustrating holes for sure. Putted well, driver was a mess all day.

Hit my 3h Wilson hybrid 3 times today and were all great shots. Love that club.

41 - 35 - 76, I believe. A couple of holes closed due to all the rain and we ran into a couple of serious log jams so skipped around some. I know we did get in 18 (the 16 open holes plus playing a comparable par 3 and par 4 a second time to replace the two closed holes). 3 birdies, 9 pars, 5 bogeys and 1 double. Struggled with the driver all day.

A mixed 82 (par 73) which included 1 birdie, 1 double bogey, 1 triple bogey and three 3 putts

40/41 81 to tie my best round at this course. Three doubles, including 17 and 18. My typical strong finish.

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 6.13.55 PM.png
Nothing like starting off your round by hitting what was supposed to be a draw and watching it sail straight into the hazard.... Too many bogies, just wasn't making the first putt for par. Despite what the scorecard shows, I don't recall my first putt being as tight as it suggests. I mean, I do 2 putt from 3' occasionally, but I don't remember being that close on the first hole.

40/41 81 to tie my best round at this course. Three doubles, including 17 and 18. My typical strong finish.
Where'd you play? Nice round bro!

Where'd you play? Nice round bro!
Hilaman. The game I play in moved here when Seminole closed. It's short, but there's OB on every hole, so any spraying and big numbers come in.

42-41-83. I was soooo tired today and couldn’t commit to any swing I made. It showed.

I did birdie the only hole on the course that’s been eluding me for my whole golf career though. So that was a big positive! I now have all 18 birdies on the course!

On Thursday I shot 45 on the front and 51 on the back. Most of my missed greens were left or long. I only missed short when I hit the shot a little heavy. A couple approach shots went right. My GIRs were... well sucked. 45 to 60 foot putts. Consequently I had 20 putts on the front 9. It's difficult to two putt from 60 feet. I don't care how good you are. That lag has to be read perfectly and be inside of 6', and even then you have a 45% chance of missing unless you're inside 3'.

Front 9 was uneventful. Straight bogeys all the way.

I blew a golden op on the 10th. It was a short par 5 and I got a terrific bounce on the downhill that left me with only an 8i for that 2nd shot. I pulled it into the rough next to the green almost OB - this is why we're not pros. A pro would have dropped a SW onto the green from that distance. I still had a shot for a birdie on the par 5. I needed to pitch the ball onto the green and one putt but I didn't have much green to work with. Unrealistic? No. I'm relatively good at these shots. I looked up and skulled it over the green into the tall grass. I hit a provisional with the same club and landed the shot I wanted - a beautiful flop shot 6' from the hole. I found my original ball... hacked it out and landed that 10 feet from the hole and two putted for bogey. For practice I drained the 6 footer for what should have been a birdie. The takeaway: good drive; I can hack the ball out of a terrible lie and put it where I want.

Followed that with a DB on the 11th. Because I hit a terrible tee shot, duffed the 2nd shot, got on long with the third shot and 3 putted from 60 feet.

Then hit a nice tee shot into what I thought was perfect position on the 12th. 120 yds out. This hole is usually a disaster.... and when I arrived at the ball the perfect position was in a muddy area. With my footing iffy, I hit a slight fatty a bit to the right and into the trees. Then skulled the pitch shot over the green into the rough. Chipped on and two putted for DB. Another disaster.

Bounced back with a par on the long par 5 13th. Keep grinding.

The 14th.... I've got to remember that this short par 3 is an odd ball. My distance says it's just shorter than my GW and it's way below the tee. So if I play a GW I always end up short because I back off just a little bit. The hole plays longer than it says. Everyone lands short. So next time I'm going to take an extra club and take a little off. Maybe it'll land. I might have to hit a couple balls to see what happens. I landed short in a grass bunker filled with wet grass. I'd rather have been in sand. Pitched out but. Bogey.

The 15th. Hit a nice 7W off the tee into the middle of the fairway. I can't hit a driver because I'll blow past the dogleg. I had 175 left to an uphill green. That's more than my 6H. So I hit a 5H. I don't hit this very often. I should have played the 6H short and hoped for a run up and on. Live and learn. The shot landed on but rolled off the back. I tried to play a bump and run with my 9i but it turned into a duff and run. I should have stayed with what I know and used my SW. Add two putts. Bogey.

Then things went to hell. My left knee started giving out.

16th hole - tee shot into the woods on the right. Chipped out. Needed cart relief. Took it. Pushed my 9i into the trees on the right. Landed my SW short. Chipped on to 7 feet. Two putted for TB.

17th. Duffed tee shot. Pitched on. Two putted Bogey.

18th. Hooked 5W into the trees. Found ball. Chipped onto the fairway. Hooked 6H into the tall weeds. Lost ball. +2 drop. Pitch shot. 2 putt. Quad bogey.

My game returned with a vengeance today. I played 36 today 18 in the morning with my regular group and 18 later with my son. In the morning round I shot 72 which is one over on my course. I hit 8/18 fairways and 9/18 greens but most of the misses were in the right place and the fairways missed were close to the fairway. I had 27 putts total and the up and downs were pretty easy. I had 3 birdies and 4 bogeys. I was hitting the ball much better overall.

I grabbed a quick lunch and went back out with my son. I picked up right where I left off opening par/par on two of the hardest holes on the course. I bogeyed 3 and settled in making one more bogey to shoot two over 37 on the front. I birdied 10 to start the back then made two bogeys and another birdie to shoot even par on the back for a 73.

These are the second and third best rounds I have had on my course. They were from the white tees but good strong rounds.

I have been doing some work on my takeaway and tempo and it really came together today. Hopefully I will be able to swing the club tomorrow.

Played a round with @Rock N TN today at a course up by my reserve center. Was playing the tees up so I didn’t hold up the round and had a hole that just made me decide to not keep score anymore (hit into rough that was about knee high and hit under the ball 5 times and it didn’t move due it being so thick and not being able to catch the ball) so decided after that to just play for fun. Rock kept score and I honestly don’t know what I ended up with at the end. Just know I was hitting the ball well overall again today. Putting was a little wonky, but to be fair the greens had just been airrated and there was a ton of sand still on the greens. It was like a bouncy plinko board. Had a blast though. Had been too long since I got to get a round in with Rock. I’m very much ready for my tournament next weekend!

Played a round with @Rock N TN today at a course up by my reserve center. Was playing the tees up so I didn’t hold up the round and had a hole that just made me decide to not keep score anymore (hit into rough that was about knee high and hit under the ball 5 times and it didn’t move due it being so thick and not being able to catch the ball) so decided after that to just play for fun. Rock kept score and I honestly don’t know what I ended up with at the end. Just know I was hitting the ball well overall again today. Putting was a little wonky, but to be fair the greens had just been airrated and there was a ton of sand still on the greens. It was like a bouncy plinko board. Had a blast though. Had been too long since I got to get a round in with Rock. I’m very much ready for my tournament next weekend!

Thanks for giving me a call ttucliffhanger. Looking forward to the next opportunity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20210710_221536.jpg

Missed a landing by about a foot on 7 that started a cascade of problems, and almost lost my birdie streak if not for a good 8i into 9, but otherwise did okay considering the tools.

It was a tale of two completely different 9’s for me today. Got in some serious trouble on two holes - lost ball and then an attempt at a hero shot to save the hole resulted in a double digit hole. Luckily my back 9 returned to the golf I’ve been playing lately.

First day of Championships is in the books.

56/39 for 95. We’re using Callaway Scoring, so if my math is right, I think that I’ll net 73.5.

Shot a 55/48 for a 103. Never super happy shooting over 100 but considering I was +13 after 4 holes it's really best case scenario. Happy that I didn't fall apart and played some golf after those 4 holes at least.

Wasn't totally my score but my partner and I shot an 81 in best ball yesterday. I really struggled with my B21 out of the gate as first three drives were hellacious hooks. Managed to settle down and started hitting that quite well through rest of round, missing long drive on both holes by a combined 5 feet (both drives had distance but just snuck into rough). Putter was really good for me. No 3 putts and sank a nice 25 footer. Biggest struggle remains feel on pitch shots from 100 and in. Just couldn't get the distance right on these shots and wound up missing short and long several times each. Hopefully today I'll get those just right. Really excited for today as the first 9 (it's a 9 hole course) is alternate shot followed by a scramble to wrap up. Partner got lucky yesterday, as he won closest to pin with a shot to 21". We both joked if he sank that he would have needed to take out a second mortgage to pay for all the drinks as it was off the tee right next to the clubhouse with 40+ people watching 🤣

Back