What did you shoot today?

Yesterday's round was a 41/36 - 77. Probably the best round I've played this year from a ball striking standpoint. The front nine was only that high because I hit the ball too good on a couple holes and had to take a penalty. The caddie was skating on thin ice after that and I ended up firing him on the 18th hole after yet another poor club choice that had me air mailing the green on my second shot on the par 5 18th. :ROFLMAO:

I got in a quick 9 with the hooligans when we got home yesterday and slipped in a 33 amid all the stories of the weekend being told. Let loose an absolute monster drive and hit the flag from 146 in a fairway bunker, so there were some good shots mixed in the laughter. It was a great way to finish the holiday.

38/40 for a 78 - Feels good to have three good rounds in a row as I had been in a slump shooting closer to 85 recently. Got a new shaft for my Sim 2 Max, the HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g 6.0, and was throwing smoke most of the round. I usually avg 257 with my driver but got it up to 282 yesterday. Didn't hit a ton of fairways, but didn't miss by much either and drove the green on 16.

Attachments

• 2021-07-06_13-17-03.png
    2021-07-06_13-17-03.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 1
Had a pretty wild round yesterday. Hole 5 (Par 3), one of our playing partners makes a hole-in-one. Get to hole 9 (Par 4) and a different playing partner dunked it from 120 for a 2. It was a pretty crazy day! I shot a pretty smooth 37-38 for a 75. 3 putted twice on the back 9 :mad:

Only got to play once over the holiday weekend. Played pretty well for having more adult beverages than I normally do on the course. 39/47=86. The front 9 was much easier than the back and it shows, had 2 penalties on the back that hurt the round.

39/40-79
37/38-75

37. Only managed 9 before the thunderstorms hit. 1 birdie, 6 pars and 2 bogeys.

Screenshot_20210706-163518_TheGrint.jpg

Little surprised by that total. Started well, was playing well, then kind of wasn't. Turned it in again to start the back, but was completely falling apart at the end so it definitely didn't feel like a big ole 65. The last hole is kind of a gimmie for me though, and I hit a few really good putts, and that's basically what made the number. It's a crazy game.

Was good off the tee despite just missing a few fairways, and wedges were mostly on. Iron swing started to show serious fatigue though. I felt lucky to hit the green on 18 and just wanted to be done. Told everyone I wasn't playing tomorrow, but didn't realize it's a friend's birthday so.. we shall see. Nothing about that finish makes me think a round tomorrow would go well though.

Still fun today. We were pulling the pins and it was great to be dropping those putts in an empty cup.

Shot 81!
going into 18, had 74. Cut the tee ball a little bit too much, put it in the marsh! Took a 7! Damn

League night last night!

38 (+3), which I will ABSOLUTELY take considering I took a double on the first hole 🤦‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

Played 6950 today because of these damn young HS kids :confused:

41/40-81
35/42-77

47/39 - 86 So far been hanging closer to the 80s and liking it. Hope I can hang out there a while and even lower. :cool:

42/41 = 83. Not a bad round overall, but not a great one either. I was missing fairways (although not by much) and GIRs (also not by much most of the time), so I did a lot of scrambling. Our rough is thickening up, and there are some spots where if you miss the fairway, that Bermuda isn't going to give you much for your next shot. 5/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 29 putts with one 3-putt. One birdie, 9 pars, 4 bogeys and 4 doubles.

The 3-putt was on #1 - they hadn't mowed the greens all through the holiday weekend and they'd gotten shaggy and slow, so we've been having to really hit the ball to get it to the hole. Whelp, they mowed the greens between Monday and today, as I discovered when I blew my first putt about 9 feet past the hole. Then I got scared and left the comebacker 2 feet short. :LOL:

We had to skip holes 7 and 8 to get around some slowpokes, then came back to finish on those two holes. With nobody else in front of us after that, we got done in 3:15 playing as a threesome.

44/42 86 today. Three doubles where I pulled the tee shots.
F1BAD18A-6CF1-45D3-B5EF-A30D7C4ABFCD.jpeg

I was basically forced get out there on a day I didn't want to thanks to a birthday, and even then was going to just hang at the range a bit. Range went okay though, so I went out and broke the 30 barrier for 9. :confused2: Holed out for eagle from 162, stuck a bunch of wedges, and even picked up a stroke just trying to entertain on 9 with a 170y 9i to 6' off the tee. So.. that was a rare day. I seriously need to take one off though. So tired it was hard to even be excited.

47-40 for an ugly 87. I say ugly because it should have been much better. This course is not easy at a 130 slope but it’s my home. Striking the ball very well with long sticks today. My putting on the other hand no so stellar. Wedge play? Well let’s hope it improves tomorrow. Highlights of the day was my driving. As of late it had been terribly bad, kinda figured something out last Friday and it’s working great.

Got out for 9 on a hot night. 43. Not great, not terrible. Had a good start and a good finish, but shaky in the middle. Although I had some bad shots, they were "good misses" that didn't hurt me too bad.

42/44 for an 86. +5 on the front for a halfway decent start, but +9 on the back put an end to that. Back 9 was death by a thousand cuts, 5 bogeys and two doubles, ugh. It was 95 degrees when we teed off at 7:07 and 108 degrees when we finished at 10:05. Not a breath of wind and not much shade on our course made it a scorcher, glad we were able to finish in just under 3 hours.

As I drove into the course at 6:50, there was a foursome driving to their second shots on #4, so they had to be on hole #5 by the time we teed off on #1 (we were a foursome as well). When we got to the #5 tee box, they were hitting their approach shots on #7, and we caught up to them by hole #10. Fortunately that gave us a chance to give them back the wedge they had left lying on the 4th green and the headcover they had lost in the 9th fairway - so at that point we had played 9 holes in the time it took them to play 5 holes. We weren't rushing, just playing at our usual pace. We had to skip hole #13 to get around them (they had three holes to let us play through and wouldn't do it), and by hole #16 we had pulled a hole and a half ahead of them already. Slow doesn't even begin to describe them.

What a day! Haven’t played here in about 2 years and missed my PB by 1 shot. No birdies but I’ll take this round for sure! Had an absolute blast today! 38/39 for a 77 w/ 28 putts. For the most part I was firing on all cylinders. Had a couple shots I should have been punished for but got away with them. Long drive of the day 305!
E7EFECD8-8C47-4F35-A56A-4ACC96D22F58.png

Only had to work 1/2 a day today so got out for a quick 18. Played the front 9 in under an hour. I generally like the social aspect of the game, but it is nice to get a full round in in less than 2.5 hours.

My day started out great with a FIR, a GIR and a 15 birdie putt that dropped. I ended up with 46 on the front. The back 9 started out well enough and I had my second birdie of the day on 11, but I lost my swing and took three triple bogies on the last five holes for 50 and 96 total.

I played the same course that I played Monday when I shot 43 on the back. So...I unofficially shot 89 between Monday's back nine and today's front nine. That would be a PB for me and the first time ever breaking 90. I just need to put both nines together on the same day.

Back