What do you do for a living?

You win the thread :)

Thanks 5150, but it's like any other gig, it has its moments. Not to mention I always have a boss, but I've gotten good enough at what I do that they pretty much leave me alone. So now I just have to hear it from the one at home...

Negotiate discounts on out of network health insurance claims

Manager of Food Service for a convenience store chain. I handle equipment purchases, menu development, kitchen layout/design, and Associate training.

I'm the director of Business development for a Field Service software company called FieldAware that specializes in gathering data from mobile workers, automating the manual process of scheduling and dispatching field service work orders and feed that information back to the back office.

I'm a sound mixer. I do location audio for film and TV. Everyday is different and my schedule gives me tons of time for golf and family. I LOVE what I do, am humbled to be lucky enough to do it, and count my blessings every day, even when I'm in a bathtub.

Some days it's like this...

Other days it's like this...

Sometimes in Kansas it's like this...

But the best days are when it's like this...

New member. I'm a Case Manager/Recruiter for a Program for the IL National Guard that assists High School Drop-Outs get their GEDs.

I'm a Reliability Technician/ machinist at a power generation facility. I'm also the station crane operator.... gantry and hydraulic swing cab cranes.

I'm new here so I'm just searching the boards. I'm a teacher in West Texas. My class looks across the highway at the local 9 hole CC. Great view, bad weather.

Quite a few interesting jobs in here. I'm a control room operator at a Demilitarization Plant for the destruction of the US chemical weapons stockpile. I know....boring, but it pays well.

I think I have posted here before but anyways. Im a shift supervisor for a county based EMS service. I am a paramedic and do other various things within EMS. Also I have a mowing business on the side to support my golf addiction. lol

I'm a IT system administrator at a bank.

Work in IT for an insurance company.

According to most THPers, I sell speedos.

According to most THPers, I sell speedos.

An under appreciated line of work :wink:

I'm a Navy officer who dabbles in IT management for Uncle Sam. I hit 16 years next Tuesday!

911 dispatch supervisor and high school varsity umpire

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

i own a portfolio of rental properties and also flip 10-20 houses per year. this provides great flexibility in my schedule and allows me to get out golfing a few times per week.

Retired from the Fire Department 5 years ago so I get plenty of time for golf. Hoping to be breaking 80 consistently before I turn 50 this summer.

AF Veteran

Last edited:
Work in the IT industry designing solutions to improve processes at a large manufacturing company.

Project Management for Healthcare IT company.

Normally I maintain and repair electronics and computers specific to the army's military intelligence corps. I'm currently on a broadening assignment as an AIT platoon sergeant babysitting intelligence analyst students.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

An IT Infrastructure Manager at a Manufacturing company.

Back