What Do You Miss Or Will You Miss About Golfing With The Current Situation

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Now that it's May and the weather is warming up and most of us will be heading back to the golf course of our choice (tomorrow for me) what is it that you do miss or will miss about golfing under the new guidelines setup because of the pandemic. I know I'm going to miss going in the 19 Hole and having some refreshment and a bite to eat after golfing.

Bloody everything!!!!! Thankfully, courses have reopened here, and I’m playing Sunday. Literally counting down the seconds!

What I will miss.....

Foursomes
High fives for a great shot
A cart passenger
Shaking hands after a round
The 19th hole
Not having to talk through a plexiglass shield in the clubhouse
Rakes in the bunkers
Regulation depth cups

What drumdog said.

What I will miss.....

Foursomes
High fives for a great shot
A cart passenger
Shaking hands after a round
The 19th hole
Not having to talk through a plexiglass shield in the clubhouse
Rakes in the bunkers
Regulation depth cups

Water for drinking.
Ball Washers.

For me the social aspect of golf is important and I miss it. I also miss the beverage cart.

Definitely the 19th hole.... and @BigDill 80s rock music in my cart

The restaurant at our course is reopening next week, so we'll have the 19th hole back. That's the part I've missed the most, lunch and a drink after the round.

The holes for sure. It's raised holes here which I actually enjoy a bit as a high handicapper but it will get old quick not knowing what my actual scores would have been. I'm trying to track my improvement with a goal to break 90 this year and these raised holes easily shave 5 strokes off my score.

Pretty much nothing unless I'm playing on a course with raised cups. That's the stupidest thing to come out of the whole thing.

Now that it's May and the weather is warming up and most of us will be heading back to the golf course of our choice (tomorrow for me) what is it that you do miss or will miss about golfing under the new guidelines setup because of the pandemic. I know I'm going to miss going in the 19 Hole and having some refreshment and a bite to eat after golfing.
When this all started, I thought the post round drink was going to be the thing I missed most, but there are so many silly little things I miss.

1- pulling the pin - It's an integral part of my golf experience
2- the practice green - this might be my biggest "never taking for granted again"
3- the range - even if it's just a few swings to loosen up the screws, it's a big miss.

When this all started, I thought the post round drink was going to be the thing I missed most, but there are so many silly little things I miss.

1- pulling the pin - It's an integral part of my golf experience
2- the practice green - this might be my biggest "never taking for granted again"
3- the range - even if it's just a few swings to loosen up the screws, it's a big miss.

I thought 1 would bother me, but it's fading. For 2 and 3, I just go to the practice green before each round and the range a couple times each week and that satisfies my needs.

Courses here opened Monday. To be honest I’m just happy to be playing. Now if all these people would go back to work during the week I’d be really happy. ;)

Gotta say the first round back in San Diego was the first time in a year we didn't hit the pace of play issue. 10 minute walking tee times took care of it. Never had to wait once and no one ever caught up to us. Could definitely get used to that.

Gotta say the first round back in San Diego was the first time in a year we didn't hit the pace of play issue. 10 minute walking tee times took care of it. Never had to wait once and no one ever caught up to us. Could definitely get used to that.
I noticed the same thing at my course.

#1 taking the pin out.
#2 being able to have the ball fall all the way to the bottom of the cup and not bounce of something shoved into the hole to prevent the ball from going down.
#3 shaking hands on 18 after the round is over
#4 sand bottles on the carts - kinda hard to keep a golf course in shape if we can't sand the divots.
#5 ball washers on the course
#6 really tired of trying to stay 6 feet apart. Not so hard to do on the tee box and on the fairways but on the green...bit more difficult when several guys are moving around to see the line of their putt.
#7 and at my course - unlimited range balls. Now you only get 12 balls 30 minutes before your tee time.

What I will miss when this mess is finally all over and we go back to normal...better pace of play when each player has their own golf cart. Seems to play much much faster that way.

Also need to mention the fairways and tee boxes were in the best condition I have seen them after 2 months off.

Also need to mention the fairways and tee boxes were in the best condition I have seen them after 2 months off.

I was actually disappointed. The courses here were closed for like 4 weeks and when they reopened, they weren't pristine like you'd think they'd be after no traffic for nearly a month.

Actually I have enjoyed every time I have been out. The courses that we have played use the styrofoam around the flag and really have not noticed a big issue with it.

Just glad to be able to play so whatever compromises have been needed have been well worth it.

Also have found that I really enjoy walking the course as I don’t feel like we are rushing through the round like sometimes it feels in a cart if you are waiting on a group in front of you.

They are all minor compared to not being able to play at all. Having said that the thing I miss most is not being able to practice all aspects of the game. Locally, short game practice areas are closed. You can't even practice putting except for getting on the practice green for about 5 minutes before teeing off.

On the course, the thing I'll probably miss most is that magical sound when the ball drops to the bottom of the cup.

They are all minor compared to not being able to play at all. Having said that the thing I miss most is not being able to practice all aspects of the game. Locally, short game practice areas are closed. You can't even practice putting except for getting on the practice green for about 5 minutes before teeing off.

On the course, the thing I'll probably miss most is that magical sound when the ball drops to the bottom of the cup.
One of our local courses has the short game practice area closed, the other has it open. Both driving ranges are currently open, so at least you can get a few swings in to warm up before you go out. I agree though, it's better than not playing at all.

I did not realize until the mandatory stay at home order how much golf has become a way for me to unwind and decompress. Despite working out and walking with the dog for an hour and a half every day I still feel tense. When I golf I don't....thankfully they opened up for the weekend!!!!

The 19th hole for sure, being able to have cold beer & bs.
Pulling the pin on short putts.
Being able to pay in cash.
Hearing the ball hit the bottom of the cup.

Back