What do you use to mark your ball on the green?

Do you use the same thing to mark your ball every round or do you use whatever is available?

View attachment 8996671

I usually ask my opponent/playing partners for a dime the first time it comes up. I played so many solo rounds it’s one thing I just don’t think to bring. If they don’t I’ll make a hole with a tee (single punch) and watch that spot until they putt out.

I don’t often mark my ball on the green unless muddy or in someone’s line. I don’t like lining it up with markings either. I’d rather just pick the line and go with it. Not worry about if I picked the line and have the ball lined up to it as well.

I use a marker just a little larger than a dime that has the Whistlebear logo on it. I have a poker chip from Tiburon that I keep in the bag, but I rarely use it.

I love THP couples spats, lol!

Old Style Quarter with the eagle up, head towards the hole

Last edited:
Usually a ball marker. If not in the way of others it could be a tee , divot repair tool or the ball mark.

A piece of metal with gray paint about the size of a nickel.

No idea what it's from. I was running late to go play one day with a new bag. I loaded my clubs in the trunk of my car and realized I forgot to put a ball marker in the new bag. Rather than go back in the house I saw this in a junk/parts bin in my garage and figured "sure why not." Ended up having a great putting day so I've used it ever since. I did have to file the rough edges off it though.

51011495132_e1f38fd87a.jpg

Been using this one for the last 3 years. Usually goes blue side up.

EEF2137D-C0B2-4CCA-91D9-4641E0DADE06.jpeg

C975523B-EE76-4066-8C1C-3466223D0310.jpeg

I have several large markers ... all of them metal and about 4 cm in diameter. I use those on a random basis.

Whatever quarter happens to be in my pocket. I keep a handful in the bag.

A few years back my mom's eccentric miserly brother passed and we found about $9,000.00 in silver coins in a closet in his house. Been using a brightly polished 50 cent piece since. Got a whole lot of them!

3y6ShzwSRv8nbBWnIHro5OCN1SWav04aX5f7AMh2kVHlfzdBZldkuyFBKmZ-XHDzPC6KBg=s136

One of the dozens of markers or coins that are in my bag. I actually like the free plastic ball markers in two different sizes and colors that my club provides.

I have 3 in the console of my Clicgear and use whichever one I grab.

These are what I primarily use, especially the top Hideaway coin.. The bottom right coin a buddy gave me back in probably 1996 and I use it at most tournaments I play in.

I've got a little magnetic marker that attaches to my divot repair tool. Haven't lost it yet!

The golf gloves I buy have small detachable buttons to use for ball markers

I use my Bushwood Country Club marker there to the left, or a 50 Pence. I like the shape.

71470699-7DD4-466E-B68F-819DB314DA23.jpeg

A piece of metal with gray paint about the size of a nickel.

No idea what it's from. I was running late to go play one day with a new bag. I loaded my clubs in the trunk of my car and realized I forgot to put a ball marker in the new bag. Rather than go back in the house I saw this in a junk/parts bin in my garage and figured "sure why not." Ended up having a great putting day so I've used it ever since. I did have to file the rough edges off it though.

51011495132_e1f38fd87a.jpg

Looks like the slug that gets popped out of an electrical box. You remove it to make a hole for the wiring to enter.
EDIT; And Buster1 beat me by a nose!!!

1615125166747.png
I use one of these...my wife is from Panama.

Bad Mother ****** ball marker.

Back