What does this say about Nike?

Probably says Nike has something to hide. We all know more detail goes into making clubs for Tiger, Rory and Michelle Wie but other companies do the same for their pros so in the end all companies aren't perfect.

Straight from Nike themselves, if it's made for the tour staff, it will be available for the public to purchase. Rory is playing an off the shelf Vapor Pro driver, FWIW.

I think a lot of the problem comes from some people taking what Crossfield reviews as gospel. I saw both of the reviews in question, and the one comparing the r15 430 and nike vapor flex was a little irresponsible on his part.

In the review, he and his buddy both hit a few (3 each) shots with each driver, and the end results show that the r15 had about 17 more yards of carry per hit. When you look a little closer you will notice that the r15 also had about 1.5* higher launch angle, and a steeper angle of descent (presumably less rollout). No where in this article do they say the loft of the club, the shaft offering, or even the total distance. (presumably the nike would have more rollout closing the gap a little bit). It all just seemed lazy. In the end he says 'well of course, you'd have to get fit' trying to save ANY credibility. For one of the 3 shots for the nike, his buddy missed... yet it was included in the end data.

The problem is... the review is framed in the way that makes Nike look like it's 17 yards shorter off the tee... if I were Nike I wouldn't want that kind of publicity either... especially if Crossfield didn't do his due diligence

Back