Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raiderboost

2023 Victory Cup Participant
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My dad is wanting to get a new driver so I have talked him into going to do a fitting at the Barton Creek Fitting Studio which is an outdoor fitting using Trackman on the range at Barton Creek Resort. I've had a couple of friends who I've talked into going there for full bag fittings that are both really good players and they were really happy with their experience. I'm thinking that I'll go down with my dad and maybe go ahead and do a fitting myself. I'm pretty happy with my bag overall and not looking to make any big changes but am not opposed to changing out something if the result are there. If there's not anything that's a major difference then I probably won't change anything at all. Here's the options and what I'm thinking about each along with a link to their site.

Full Bag Fitting- $350-Staff 450-Bobby- I've never done this so it would be kind of fun. The downside is the cost since I'm not looking at overhauling the bag but it would show if I have a week spot.

Driver Fitting- $150-Staff 180-Bobby- I'm pretty happy with the Mizuno ST-X 10.5 w/ the LinQ Red I got for the Victory Cup but maybe there's something that's an even better fit. Or since I carry my old Cobra Speed LD as a 2nd driver I could look at upgrading that spot.

Fairway and Hybrid Fitting- $130-Staff 150-Bobby- I'm also really happy with the Mizuno ST-Z 5w. I have an old Cobra Baffler hybrid that I hit pretty good. I've tried a few newer hybrids but just don't hit them as consistent as the old one.

Long Game Fitting (D, F, H)- $250-Staff 300-Bobby- This would cover the two above with one fitting.

Iron Fitting- $150-Staff 180-Bobby- I'm happy with the black Forged Tec X that I got last summer but wonder if there might be something a little better. I'm also not sure if the shaft I have for them is the best fit for me. I did hit a buddies Mizuno 225 7i w/ Project X LZ and it felt really good. It launched much higher than my usual which makes me wonder if there's a better iron for me.

Iron and Wedge Fitting- $200-Staff 250-Bobby- I'm happy with the T24 wedges and I also have a pair of Snakebites that I just got last summer that I liked too. I don't really need new wedges yet with both of those but might look at adding the wedge fitting along with the irons.

If you are happy with your bag, take the fitting money and take a series of lessons instead. Or, if you need new apparel or shoes, go for that.

If you are happy with your bag, take the fitting money and take a series of lessons instead. Or, if you need new apparel or shoes, go for that.
Part of it is that I wasn't really happy with the not so great sorta fitting that I did before the Morgan Cup to make those choices. Also I was limited to the available shafts. While I am overall happy I'm also not opposed to making a change if I'm leaving some performance on the table.

Full bag- why not? Having seen your game, if there's something that'll make you better then go with that!!

Part of it is that I wasn't really happy with the not so great sorta fitting that I did before the Morgan Cup to make those choices. Also I was limited to the available shafts. While I am overall happy I'm also not opposed to making a change if I'm leaving some performance on the table.
From your comments, irons are the most iffy. Are your wedges new or have a lot of rounds on them? If worn out, do the wedges too.

Seems like there isn’t necessarily a glaring issue in the bag, so if you’re set on doing a fitting, I vote full bag just to get a good picture of everything. Helps the case if you didn’t get the best fitting last time around. Can do a more proper one this go around.

From your comments, irons are the most iffy. Are your wedges new or have a lot of rounds on them? If worn out, do the wedges too.
I got the Snakebites in July and then the T24's in August so they are both pretty new. I'd kind of agree about the irons, My buddy who's a +5 HC still thinks that I hit my old Cobra S3's better.

This

Based on your comments would probably do the irons fitting if you are looking to absolutely do something as this seems to be your biggest doubt in the bag for improvement.

If money isn't an issue just do the full bag. You never know what you may find and information is always good.

You are happy with the driver and shaft combo from Mizuno, I'd look at replacing old tec ;)

irons, specifically shafts

Full bag! Go big or go home

Full meal deal. I think you'd enjoy finding out how you could potentially improve on what you have in each area.

Back