What food item will you not buy an off brand/generic version of?

Colas.

And it's not food, but my paper towels must be Bounty. Period. And they must be full-sheet. None of this "select-a-size" garbage. Toilet paper must be Cottonelle. Also must have brand-name trash bags.
The costco trash bags are top notch. I messed up and bought something other than Cottonelle... that was disappointing.

Bratwurst - if it isn't Johnsonville, it isn't good.

Ketchup/Catsup - doesn't matter, they're all a terrible way to ruin an otherwise perfectly good meal.
The Kroger brand brats are so good, I'd be shocked if they aren't made by Johnsonville or at least sourced identically.

Hot sauce, it seems real easy to try and save money and it tastes like chemicals!

Polar seltzer. In a pinch, La Croix or Bubly . Everything else is pure garbage.

Nilla Wafers... if yours have a "va" in them, they're terrible.
The one thing I've found publix doesn't do well. They're not the same.

The costco trash bags are top notch. I messed up and bought something other than Cottonelle... that was disappointing.
I'd try Costco/Kirkland brand as a generic for almost anything they make. I don't think I've ever experienced a miss with a Kirkland food item.

Coke

There is only one Little Debbie’s.

😝😝😝😝

I don't think of anything Costco as off brand. I tend to actually think of Kirkland as name brand and most of the time better quality for less. Their albacore tuna, olive oil, spices, jerky, trash bags, dishwasher detergent are better than any name brand in my opinion.
Sadly my state still only allows liquor to be bought at state run liquor stores so I cannot comment on the Kirkland booze. But I have heard good things.

Back