What golf apparel is/is not okay to wear off the course?

-CRW-

Reaction score
In the "hat ball-marker clips" thread, I learned that wearing "flip-flops, tailored shorts and golf shirts" are worse than "dorky". That's my normal go-to outfit for daily wear outside of work, except I've never had to have my golf shorts tailored.

So that got me curious, what golf apparel is/is not okay to wear off the course?

In the "hat ball-marker clips" thread, I learned that wearing "flip-flops, tailored shorts and golf shirts" are worse than "dorky". That's my normal go-to outfit for daily wear outside of work, except I've never had to have my golf shorts tailored.

So that got me curious, what golf apparel is/is not okay to wear off the course?

Not sure. Wearing one single golf glove around randomly would seem quite odd though

When I wear down the little nubs on my spikeless Eccos and FJs I wear them as regular shoes because they're comfy. Don't judge me....

Loudmouth Pants, but then again they're inappropriate anywhere.

I wear golf shirts anywhere because they're really just polo shirts. I also don't have the budget for golf and non-golf casual clothing. This is the CSRA, no one seems to think fishing shirts are just for fishing or boat shoes are just for boating. Why should anyone think golfing shirts are just for golfing?

This is my normal outfit as well. For me though, I wouldn't wear a bucket hat if not playing golf.

I do not believe any golf specific apparel is appropriate to wear outside of a golf course environment. For example, I think someone wearing a Titleist cap to the airport, the local shopping mall, or Costco looks foolish.

I wear my Golf polos/hats/shorts when I'm out casually.

I also don't care what anyone thinks lol

When I wear down the little nubs on my spikeless Eccos and FJs I wear them as regular shoes because they're comfy. Don't judge me....

I wear my Puma NXT Ignites to work out and sometimes around the house. They are just that comfortable.

I have several pairs of PUMA Men's Grip Sport Golf Shoe and I wear them as my normal day to day shoes.

Definitely golf shoes. I understand with soft spikes these days they are pretty comfortable but I’ve seen people coming after round of golf with their golf shoes still on. I’m not talking about restaurants in golf course. I mean restaurant in city. Is it so time consuming that you have no time to change your shoes? Or you just went to golf course with golf shoes on and you have no other shoes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For my part, I won't play golf in anything I wouldn't comfortably show up to work wearing. Golf shirts with some form to them that fit well and are in good repair. Lightweight slacks or "short pants" type shorts (i.e. not baggy cargoes or gym pants). But shoes for street wear and shoes for golf wear are pretty much separate categories, of course.

I can't wear flip-flops (I have bad feet that need structure and support) but if I did it would be with tee shirt and jeans or shorts. Seems an odd match to have on decent-looking clothes and the crummiest-looking possible footwear.

Golf apparel transitions off the course pretty easily... I would probably keep the cleats and Nike blade collars for the course only.

I do not believe any golf specific apparel is appropriate to wear outside of a golf course environment. For example, I think someone wearing a Titleist cap to the airport, the local shopping mall, or Costco looks foolish.

I'm getting ready to head to Costco, and I'll probably wear my Callaway or PGA Championship hat now just because. ;-)

Honestly, spiked golf shoes would probably be about it for me. Maybe some of the louder golf pants/shirts. Otherwise it's all pretty much just regular clothing I'd wear whether I golfed or not.

I pretty much only wear Black Clover and Travis Mathew hats, because they are some of the only hats that fit my big head. But I wear them off the course all the time.

Nearly all my clothes are golf related and I couldn't care less if someone thinks it looks dorky off the course. I wear what's comfortable.....including flip-flops with golf shorts and polos.

I think every short sleeve shirt I own that has a collar, is a golf shirt, so I obviously wear those. Arizona is a very laid back place and I see people wearing golf shirts, golf hats, shorts and sandals all of the time. I am one of them.

If a had a ball mark clip on my hat at the course, I would probably not wear that in public. But maybe that is where I lost mine, at the nineteenth hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf shoes and a cap or golf hat. Everything else - shirts, shots, pants and belts - is worn almost every day.

I wear the same hats for golf or out and about. I dont wear flip flops but I do wear slides, as the cool kids call them, they are damn comfy. There has been occasion were I forgot to bring the slides and the wife has a grocery list for me on the way home so I wear my cleats into the store. I usually wear spikeless shoes which dont really differ that much from trail runners/cross trainers so I dont think most people even notice if I wear them.

As a forty year old man, I gave up caring what people thought about me along time ago.

I wear Crocs on a daily basis. Go be happy and comfortable. Wearing hard spikes out and about may get some looks though.

I wear golf shirts untucked off the course to conceal my pistol. I may have to start wearing them that way on the course if they don’t start doing something about slow play......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wear golf shirts untucked off the course to conceal my pistol. I may have to start wearing them that way on the course if they don’t start doing something about slow play......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well in the golf bag is still concealed, never leave home without it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I could care less what other people think. My golf clothing is comfortable and I'll wear it when I feel like it, which is most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm wearing a Titleist cap at the airport as we speak. :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

i take the ball marker off my cap before going anywhere

Back