What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Tried to negotiate a round next Saturday before our Halloween party. Wife is still going to take some convincing...

I was invited to play in a scramble at a local municipal course (Minor Park in KCMO). It was the most fun scramble I've ever played in. Every hole had some kind of gimmick or obstacle to overcome. We started on a par 3 and the green was littered with range balls and you could not move them out of your way. Teed off with an old persimmon wood on one hole, another had these tombstones all over the green. Our last hole had a giant inflatable Halloween decoration in front of the tee box.

Just a ton of fun, even in the cold weather.

20201024_154114.jpg

20201024_163639.jpg

Last edited:
Cleaned the clubs while I watched it snow 14 inches and wished I could be playing

Tried to negotiate a round next Saturday before our Halloween party. Wife is still going to take some convincing...
If I can ever figure out how I went from this ^, to

"You're golfing? FINE, Go!", to

"You should play that morning/day. You'll be in a good mood after golf."

while staying happily married, I'll send you my notes. (y)

Played 9 holes with my son. Learned to slow down and line ourselves up better. He was stoked and we had a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_8683.MOV
    7.8 MB
  • IMG_8676.MOV
    7.7 MB
20201025_003121.jpg

I'm scouting greens and pin locations and deciding which irons I want to play.

Played 36 holes in my garage.

20201025_094155.jpg

I've put this nonsense together and prepared myself to make a mess of things out there.

Walked 9 holes this afternoon after my Covid isolation ended. Feel tired now, but I expected that as I haven't done anything for the past 2 weeks

Booked tee times for Thursday and Friday on 2 different courses

Just got done cleaning the clubs. Did the grips also as it had been awhile. Went thru the bag and lightened the load a bit, took out all the accumulated change, balls I found on the course. Walking season since the weather has changed to be glad to have a lighter bag.

First, we were a great duo. But they grow up so fast. In the end, he left me behind and drove into the sundown alone leaving his old, weak, bad hitting dad behind 😢 kinda sad story.

Attachments

• 63AC9776-31A0-4A62-9C14-BDDBFC6C0F32.jpeg
    63AC9776-31A0-4A62-9C14-BDDBFC6C0F32.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 9E9D2738-185C-40F3-9414-765106E25CCA.jpeg
    9E9D2738-185C-40F3-9414-765106E25CCA.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 7
I hit a large bucket at the range today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleaned up garage after a project weekend. Back on the SkyTrak tomorrow!

Signed up for winter sim league!

Went thru the bag and lightened the load a bit, took out all the accumulated change, balls I found on the course. Walking season since the weather has changed to be glad to have a lighter bag.
Man, I did that before this last trip, and it was way overdue. I think I need to set a monthly reminder for that going forward.

Last edited:
Match play 18, Saturday in Columbus at Golf Club of Dublin. Great track yielded a victory after a couple rough holes.

Core workout and swing work in the back yard. This swing change was instant so maybe it’s the right one for me.

Yesterday - 3 hr lesson. We worked on downswing and then how to get speed. I was all upper body turning (I've been sedentary lately and my legs felt dead) and he wants more ground pressure, etc. I was cooked after 2 hrs.

Did try a new prototype TPT Red Fairway shaft in an M5 Ti - the shaft is impressive. He's sending it back to them with his comments. I liked it.

We checked my bag -- He liked the TEE EXS 220 16.5/GD AD F 55g shaft combo for me. But after that I was done after not swinging a club for 5 days and being sedate for 2 weeks after getting back from Boston. I was hitting everything off the heel and low as I was tired. All of that was on me. And in only 3 weeks I'd lost speed. So lesson learned as to being more consistent with workouts.

He also worked on my Edel Putter for its tryout with other members of my putting stable. Lengthened it from 34.5 to 35 and regripped.

Today - Speedstick training and Trainfuly stretching, rowing machine, and then wedges in the backyard with almost golf balls.

Catching up on golf footage and THPing after a busy weekend

Finished regripping and setting swing weight on my golf partner's irons.

Back