What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Abbreviated, and full swing LW shots today. (25-60 yards) Hit 70 balls.

Wasn't what I would call a good practice session, but their were some bright spots.

Hit too many fatties, due to lazy hip rotations. Just didn't swing the club head well today. My timing was off.

Tomorrow is another day, with windy, colder, wet weather moving into the area. If enough weekend warriors stay home due to the weather, I just might play 18 holes
Your dedication to practice is admirable.

20201107_083455.jpg
Beautiful morning for golf in SW Ontario. 47F at tee-off and only going to warm up.

Got my home-brew net set up...

IMG_1987-18pct.JPG

...and hit some balls into it.

IMG_1985-18pct.JPG

Works well, but I probably need to be a bit closer to it. A couple got over the top and I managed to slice one past its right side :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Walked 18

Played the slowest round of golf that I can remember.. Just shy of 6 hours.. Will never play there again..

Did some extensions on my new wedges. Picked up some new grips for said wedges. I prefer all my wedges be the same length.

Got my home-brew net set up...

IMG_1987-18pct.JPG

...and hit some balls into it.

IMG_1985-18pct.JPG

Works well, but I probably need to be a bit closer to it. A couple got over the top and I managed to slice on past its right side :ROFLMAO:
Hang a thick towel or two to protect the netting from getting damaged from continuous ball impacts.

The towel(s) also sct as target.

Just a thought from own past diy netting expirience.

Hang a thick towel or two to protect the netting from getting damaged from continuous ball impacts.

The towel(s) also sct as target.

Just a thought from own past diy netting expirience.
What about a painter's drop sheet?

Some THPing and checked some tracking #'s

What about a painter's drop sheet?
Anything will work that will protect the netting from repeated ball impacts.

I didn't use anything on my first net. About the third week, i hit a driver, and ball went through a broken spot in the net. Luckily it didn't do any damage...i don't think. Never found the ball.

Always a good idea to check the impact area on a regular basis.

Learned to stamp ball markers out of copper blanks 😁. Followed along with the guys in Florida!BB12CD8C-207D-4054-AD8E-1F2A0E5329D0.jpeg

Played 18 and shot a 90. Not great, but my last three rounds at this course are 84, 101 and 90......

Booked a tee time for tomorrow! Haven’t gotten out in a few weeks or even swung a club. Maybe all my bad habits have disappeared 😎

Got back on the simulator. Didn't go as well as I would have hoped however. Till next time!

If I ever get consistent enough to hit one area repeatedly enough for that to become an issue: I'll do so :) Thanks for the hint.

About the third week, i hit a driver, and ball went through a broken spot in the net.
Ah. See: I wouldn't be hitting into the net with a driver. I'll keep it to irons, and possibly woods.

That being said: Perhaps I will pick up a large, light-weight painter's drop cloth.

The other thing is: If you look, you'll notice I've left the bottom free. This allows the entire net to move when a ball strikes.

First, training on the chipping green and a bit of range work. Afterwards, walked smooth short 9. it was great weather, sunny... total blast given that my irons worked beautifully today. Now THP and watching the Houston Open.

Attachments

• B71BB87D-7A55-45B0-933B-8E3BC2525518.jpeg
    B71BB87D-7A55-45B0-933B-8E3BC2525518.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 6
No golf stuff.

image.jpg

I am so not looking forward to that white stuff. And not just because of my new pastime.

Just THP'ing

Finally found a headcover I had been looking for, so quickly bought it

December 2nd can't come quickly enough for me

Played 18

Played 18, cleaned the clubs.

Played with three of my regular group in our annual cross-country tournament. Couldn't have asked for nicer weather (peaked in the low 70s) and had a lot of fun hitting shots you would never try to hit during a regular round of golf. A lot of hitting at trees intentionally and hoping the ball gets through :p

Walked 18

Back