What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Went to the driving range and worked on my driver swing. Keeping my right arm tucked in the takeaway seemed to really help with my slice.

We'll see how it plays on the course this weekend.

Met and hung with some AMAZING THP’ers.

Worked on my full swing, paying closer attention to my follow through after ball impact.

I noticed I was abbreviating my follow through on my full shots, which was causing me to lose few yards. I believe this glitch might be a byproduct of too much pitching practice.

So, using my 5i, I made sure the shaft was finishing behind my back. This also gave me a more complete body turn. Maybe even a few extra yards, and a little.more accuracy.

I must've done something right, as I woke up this morning with a few (new) sore back muscles.

Followed the Mizuno Experience live thread, picked up my new FJ shoes and now catching up on the Mizzy Exp live thread again with my new FJ shoes on :D

Played 9 after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the Par 3 with a friend. Had a lesson today. Sweated my behind off!

Hit about 75 balls into my backyard net.

Got out for some practice holes late this aft before the storm rolled in.

waited for my 300 mini...fedex 😢

Hit the pitching and chipping area this morning to work on 100 yard shots. Had a great session and found a nice groove. Have to remember to rotate more than I think or my arms take over and I go left of target. I really need to do this at least once per week it helps so much.

I just agreed to merge a twosome and threesome into a fivesome for playing today. I am a fast play snob, and this rubs me wrong. But as a buddy reminds me, mid-day round on a Saturday here will be slow, period. :rolleyes:

New home owner here....so week three of unpacking has begun and i am still unpacking my golf gear.

I just agreed to merge a twosome and threesome into a fivesome for playing today. I am a fast play snob, and this rubs me wrong. But as a buddy reminds me, mid-day round on a Saturday here will be slow, period. :rolleyes:

They require a fivesome to all ride a cart to keep up pace of play. I hate this even more. I walk when I golf. Ugh. If I do this, I will try to get a Finn cycle. At least that would be interesting.

Walked 18. My golf bag hanging off my right shoulder is really hard on my right leg, by hole 9 my quad was just aching and I couldn't push off it any more. It was block city. Lost half a dozen balls into the weeds on the front nine

Started taking half swings and finished the course out a lot better than I started it. Next time I'm getting a golf cart though.

Yesterday I played my first ever hole on a golf course!
My instructor arranged for a bunch of beginners to play a few holes as groups. Unfortunately, I could only play one hole but the feeling was awesome. It felt like the next step on my journey.

Yesterday: followed the Mizuno thread intently.

Hit some range balls and hit the short game area for a bit.

Went to “Mike’s Golf Outlet” in Hartford just to see what it was all about - like a used club mecca. I’ve never seen so many used clubs for sale. Didn’t buy any though.

Just more full swing practice, with most of my focus on a more complete body turn on my post impact swing follow through.

Previously, some where along the line, I got a little lazy, and was quitting on my swing after impacting the ball. Too much pitching, and shorter approach shot practice I suspect caused this.

I can tell I'm using some new muscles, as I have developed some temporary "good" soreness.

The last lesson of my package was canceled because the instructor wasn’t feeling well, so I hit some balls at the range. I was hoping to get it done before a fitting on Friday, but it is what it is.

Got out early this am. Just hitting balls. No particular focus other than watching ball flights. Most were alright.

Went through all the clubs in my current road trip bag. Looks like we're going to get out here a day early.

Pretty sure my next round of golf will be in Grants N.M. Get to check out their rattlesnake warning signs....lol. Weather permitting of course.

Ordered the swing speed radar to go with my SuperSpeed system. Played 9 this morning.

I tried to stay up to see if Morikawa would get the Bronze, but I went to bed before they finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did my normal practice with my launch monitor hitting 6i through driver in my net. Humidity is bad around here - I was soaked :cool:

i guess the final round of the men's olympics was technically today...watched that, the ISPS and just watched Annika win the Womens Senior Open...might go look at the used bin at the local shop in a bit...THP'd.

Walked 18

Back