What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played a round with three guys in their 70s and all of them are sticks! We played the 6,500 yard tees. Everyone finished with a score in the 80s. Oldest guy is 78 and he was the longest hitter on several holes. Wickedly impressive to see in person. They were a little worried about the newbie (me!) but we had a great time and I was able to keep up. :)

I walked 18 on a long course in windy conditions. The Frontline Elevado slant neck putter was good.. I think it's going to be in the bag for a long time!!

Played 16. Thought the course would be a ghost town around Super Bowl time and boy was I wrong.

Watched golf.

Played in tournament, 2 birds, 2 CTPs. Lots of penalties.

Putting practice indoors

Played 18 with my wife again. Another 7:46am tee time. Green tees, 6514 yards. Walked and carried. 3 hrs., 34 minutes for the round. A couple balls in the cabbage patch cost us a few minutes. Early tee times are great! BTW, we are both in our 70s.

Monday I putted for about 20 minutes, way too cold out there. Went from 70's Sunday to low 50's yesterday with wind chill bringing it down to like 40. Today's lesson cancelled with the 30 mph winds, will have to wait a week to get that first lesson. Have spent a lot of time here though.

About to pick up my friends set of irons from a shop by my work.

20200204_094233.jpg

I was cutting and gripping the irons I put together last night, but then I checked THP and you guys got me all spun on the USGA shite, so now I'm distracted. Thanks.

Went to my lesson. I was finally hitting em good while there.

Had a first lesson with a new instructor who I am quite fond of. Her techniques are much more feel oriented and cerebral and It was fun to start a lesson on the practice green instead of ball whacking.

And I can hit a fairway wood now.

Played a twilight round as a single. Music, two balls, and a fantastic evening. (y)

THP & just booked a round at the Wailea Golf Club in Maui.

Put my clubs in my new bag and hit the range for another bucket of balls. Actually hit some decent shots. My second lesson is Thursday and hopefully with a few more range sessions I'll be ready to go out and see what I can do on the course.

Alan

Thought a lot about golf from different perspectives: the macro context of USGA and distance; what does innovation mean in golf equipment; what is the best fit in golf clubs for my game and goals. I don’t think I contributed anything substantive but did try to engage honestly. My thinking on all of these is evolving. All interesting and as always the variety of opinions and styles of communicating are just as fun as the topics.

Walked 18. Looks like one more decent weather day before the crap weather returns.

Measured the swing weight of my second driver experiment then hit a large bucket of balls at the range.

Putting practice, bought my old hybrid back again

Edit: thought this was bsnter thread ?

Winter storm warning. 12-16 in snow over next 48 hours. Up to 3 ft at higher elevations. This is system #2 this week. Don’t worry. We’ll share and send it east. ;)

I got some bonus golf in on Sunday. Gave myself some leniency for the first round of the year (and the 15-20mph winds). Felt great and had a blast. Really looking forward to the next day over 50F!

Edit: thought this was bsnter thread ?

Winter storm warning. 12-16 in snow over next 48 hours. Up to 3 ft at higher elevations. This is system #2 this week. Don’t worry. We’ll share and send it east. ;)

You're more than welcome to it, GB. Our winter has been very mild this year here in Chicago sofar and I quite like to keep it that way. :LOL:

Heading to the indoor sim later today for 18. :golf2:

Back