What "handheld" or "pocket" GPS have you had good luck with? Thank you!

jackod

Reaction score
I am looking for a gps I can carry in my pocket. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thank you very much!

Garmin wrist watches.

Good enough for IFR flights.

Should be good enough for planning your next ball flight into the greens.

M2C

I am looking for a gps I can carry in my pocket. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thank you very much!
Shot scope: I had a watch that the wrist band broke and I would carry the face in my pocket. I have since switched to a voice caddie watch, but had a lot of luck with shot scope over the years. They make this for your purpose https://shotscope.com/us/products/golf-gps-handhelds/h4/

Shot Scope has a H4 unit that allows you to also track stats with your clubs.

I use a S62 garmin

If you want a simple GPS I have a Garmin G10 which goes in your pocket or clips on your belt. It is simple and easy to use. I recommend it highly. I like it better than the GPS function on my Shotscope X5.

I bought a used Golf Buddy PT 4 handheld gps a couple years ago that worked well for me. No subscription required, color screen with hole layout. Easier to read in the daylight than my phone and relatively small. Considerably cheaper than a watch.

I also use a Garmin G10 that I bought on sale for $85 including CT taxes.

Bushnell Phantom 2. $99

Shot Scope

I carried the Golf Buddy Platinum for several years. Honestly, I wish I never got rid of it. I've been thinking about getting the smaller cube size Golf Buddy offering as I'm sure I'd use it more than my laser.

ShotScope wrist watch, Garmin, pocket wise SkyGolf has some nice models, or you can use your phone

Super happy with my ShotScope H4.

Shotscope.

18Birdies on my phone/watch............works great.
Very accurate, factors in slope and wind, and tells you what club to use.

Shot Scope

Bushnell Phantom. Inexpensive, small but easy to read. Accurate. I've had mine for years and love it.

I just ordered the Shot Scope for $110.00 use code : JONPERKINS

Product​
Quantity​
Price​
H4 GPS Handheld
  • Commercial:
1​
$129.99​
Subtotal:​
$129.99​
Discount:​
-$19.50​