What if Wilson Golf Bought Tour Edge?

TE is doing well enough it seems they wouldn’t be consumed yet. I can’t see why Wilson would want them though.

Better question: What does Tour Edge need to do to get some of their great products into more consumers hands?

Secondly: (I havent listened to the podcast and will be in a few minutes actually) Does Wilson desire to be at the top of the market in woods/metals?
We’ve seen a very well known “iron company” turn out some great products over recent years and are starting to really push the.

I don’t see how Tour Edge would benefit from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tour Edge is just fine the way it is. Wilson would benefit more than Tour Edge would.

Spin off question. What does Wilson need to do to gain traction in the woods department?
They need to start by creating a better product. You have to start by giving retailers a REASON to provide shelf space and promote their product.

As an aside, letting amateurs design Wilson drivers was one of the dumbest ideas ever. They simultaneously deprecated the Wilson brand and the perception of Wilson's engineering division in one fell swoop.

They need to start by creating a better product. You have to start by giving retailers a REASON to provide shelf space and promote their product.

As an aside, letting amateurs design Wilson drivers was one of the dumbest ideas ever. They simultaneously deprecated the Wilson brand and the perception of Wilson's engineering division in one fell swoop.
I played Triton for about three years. It was long for me.
Wilson was also selling V6 irons and blades. It’s your opinion but I don’t agree.

The major retailers give shelf space to the companies who pay for the shelf space and offer the best quantity discounts.
I thought I remember the guy who designed the Triton was actually employed as a club designer with somebody else for a period of time.

I know we are in hypothetical land here...but no.

The only company that would benefit is Wilson big negative for TE.

Even as a hypothetical, the concept is a no-go right from the very start. No way Tour Edge even considers this, or would Wilson's parent company.

Nah, I don't want to see that happen

Back