What is a “year’s supply” of golf balls?

I really don't think 6 dozen would get me through the year. Maybe 8. I get to play quite a bit, and hit the ball pretty far off the tee.... Pretty far into the woods...

The way this year is going I may need about 1 sleeve of balls.

3 dozen is about my average per season.

I'm definitely in the more than 12 dz per year camp. I lose WAY too many golf balls.

8 or 9 dozen given how great I can play. Although I don't really keep track as I am always finding more balls than I loose (I have a ball hoarding issue).

I would say to me, it's 12. A dozen a month.
If I were ever to win a year supply, I would hope for 12 but expect 6.

For me I would say a year long supply is in the 6-7 dozen range, typically go through 1-2 sleeves a round.

If I play 30-35 rounds then 4 dozen (maybe even 3) should get me through that. I don’t average losing 1 ball a round.

As others mentioned, frequency and course selection are the primary variables. I play ~100 rounds per year. If you’re having an off day at my home course then you’re going to lose a lot. I also play often in FL. Therefore, 6 dozen is probably about right which means I’ll round up to 8 dozen. Current inventory is ~1.5 years. :)

I used maybe 6 dozen for 100 rounds last year. I lost maybe 2 dozen and the rest were retired to my shag bag. A handful were tossed after having shattered/cracked covers from too many strikes on the indoor simulator.

It’s very course dependent obviously for losing golf balls. I lost maybe 10 balls in 75 rounds at my home course and a few of those were lost under leaves. The 20 rounds I got in at the resort course by our cabin I lost over a dozen balls as there is water and or woods on both side of every hole with several forced carries over 230 yards off the tee and slope ratings over 140 from the regular mens tee that are 6,400ish.View attachment 8938545

Gorgeous photo. 140 slope? Yep, I would go through a few more balls.

I would think 4 dozen is plenty for me to last for a year.

8-10 a year is probably realistic for me--- I play as many courses as possible and sometimes get myself in trouble by not knowing the course layout, then there's always at least a couple wtf swings per round haha.

That's a tough question because do you pull out a new ball everytime you lose one or do you occasionally find a ball and put in play? I'd say 6 dz is probably a decent number to say for the year (at least in short season MI).

Before the virus I was playing twice a week and easily going through a box a month (mostly lost in the trees, or damaged hitting the trees). Water carries are also my nemesis, but I'm getting better at those.

I think 4-5 dozen is pretty good for me. i'll lose and/or take 1-3 balls out of play each round. if I play 25-30 times a year, that should be pretty close.

The last few years I have averaged about 100 rounds. I take balls out of play fairly quickly and lose about 1 a round. So for me a year is about 15 dozen.

I would guess 6-8 dozen for myself. I can go through stretches where I don't lose a ball for a couple rounds and then I'll lose 5 or 6 in one round.
Same - and that's even playing the same course most of the time. No rhyme or reason to it - so it could be 4-6 dozen or it could be 12-14 dozen when it's all said and done.

I think I burn through approx. 5 dozen per year, playing approx. 60 rounds.

Back