What is it about THP that keeps you coming back?

Sorry for another old thread bump, but I was looking for a good place to post this without starting a new one!

Bear with me...

THP is a truly special place, I know I'm preaching to the choir on that one in here!

But I think what makes if FEEL that way is how things go in THP that are counter to how I see them go outside THP.

A good example, the mystery bags, outside THP people are quite disappointed if they don't get something that is a limited quantity, in THP, maybe people are still a bit disappointed, but they are equally and maybe more so excited for those that did and follow along with the opening of the bags. Apply the same thing to events, you may not have gotten into a THP event even if you wanted to, or you couldn't based on scheduling or other circumstances, but you follow along so close to the live threads that you feel like you're there with them and love experiencing it along together.

THP is more than an online golf forum, more than a website, it's truly a community of hackers and I couldn't be happier to be a member and go through life, golf and everything in between together!

Sorry, sappy post over!

The people. Met so many great ones here that all have the same passion with this great game.

I came back because I genuinely missed a lot of folks here. I had to take a break from THP (and a lot of other places to be honest) for mental health reasons. I won't go into too much detail but I needed to drastically cut back my online time across the board to address some personal issues with my anxiety and depression. Since coming back in 2021 it was like I never left. Lots of great people here.

Friendly folks who share a boatload of great information about all aspects of the game.

As an OEM with nearly 20 years in the golf business, the interaction from THP has been amazing for our continued product development and improvements.

There’s no other community out there who provides genuine honest feedback while being respectful of what we’re trying to achieve. Hands down the best group to be a part of.

I used to cringe when hearing constructive criticism but THP has made me embrace.

Thank you!

The People!

But I think what makes if FEEL that way is how things go in THP that are counter to how I see them go outside THP.

A good example, the mystery bags, outside THP people are quite disappointed if they don't get something that is a limited quantity, in THP, maybe people are still a bit disappointed, but they are equally and maybe more so excited for those that did and follow along with the opening of the bags. Apply the same thing to events, you may not have gotten into a THP event even if you wanted to, or you couldn't based on scheduling or other circumstances, but you follow along so close to the live threads that you feel like you're there with them and love experiencing it along together.

THP is more than an online golf forum, more than a website, it's truly a community of hackers and I couldn't be happier to be a member and go through life, golf and everything in between together!

Oh there’s no maybe about it. I know at least for me there was disappointment. But there was also that rush and wondering what was going on with my Internet. It’s more that rush than the desire to get something cool. But the entire ride is fun. That rush comes back to visit when almost everyone does their unboxing. Not gonna mention names but I think we all know who I’m talking about. But that’s just another aspect of it that’s so cool and different. The trolling is all in good fun here.

The THP Experiences are definitely something else. From the vision through the execution and all the engagement in between. A bunch of randos on the Internet get to have an amazing golf trip and they take another bunch of randos on the Internet along with via an Internet forum. Any way you slice it that’s kind of wild. And I think that last part about it being a community is really what makes any of the above possible.

The people and the camaraderie. It's a fun, overwhelmingly positive, light-hearted, enjoyable place to interact with a lot of great folks and talk about golf, food, our other hobbies/interests and life in general. Best community I've ever been a part of on the internet.

Everyone.
The owners and moderators don’t police the content and the members respond not only in a civil manner but with respect and friendship. Gender, nationality, race, age, income, golf skill level… none of those things seem relevant.

Whether the topic is golf related or the 19th hole, it’s a bunch of friends enjoying conversation with one another.

Generally a fun group, little arguing, no politics, lots of gear geeks like me, folks that generally live and breathe this game. The contests and experiences ain’t bad either. 😜

Generally a fun group, little arguing, no politics, lots of gear geeks like me, folks that generally live and breathe this game. The contests and experiences ain’t bad either. 😜
This is it for me. Almost verbatim what I was about to type.

As a relative Golf newbie and slight perfectionist, golf can be so frustrating (which I’ve heard doesn’t change as you get better 😅).I also think the frustration from sucking has lead to periods of absence on the forum, which is a bummer. I hate being bad at things but the community here at THP is so inclusive to all, which is a main thing that has stood out to me and what keeps bringing me back. I haven’t had the chance to meet/play with any THPer yet, and though I am nervous as I stink lol, I am excited to see the inclusivity outside of the forum!

It has to be my dominant hand on the keyboard :ROFLMAO:

All jesting aside, THP is a great forum in so many ways. Great giveaways, discussions, admins, fun, enjoyment, massive variety of topics, and having a network of golfers from all levels of the game and walks of life sharing tops it all. You feel like you could go anywhere and meet a THPer and be at ease.

Many thanks goes to those at a higher level and more knowledge of the game that take their time to share with some of us hackers as well as tolerate all of our questions about the game. (y)

As a relative Golf newbie and slight perfectionist, golf can be so frustrating (which I’ve heard doesn’t change as you get better 😅).I also think the frustration from sucking has lead to periods of absence on the forum, which is a bummer. I hate being bad at things but the community here at THP is so inclusive to all, which is a main thing that has stood out to me and what keeps bringing me back. I haven’t had the chance to meet/play with any THPer yet, and though I am nervous as I stink lol, I am excited to see the inclusivity outside of the forum!

I hope that you get the chance to meet and play with THPers. And they won’t care how you play. Whether it’s a casual round or at an experience, skill level is not a concern when THPers tee it up.

The people ... and I have a great time playing golf with them.

Last edited:
I hope that you get the chance to meet and play with THPers. And they won’t care how you play. Whether it’s a casual round or at an experience, skill level is not a concern when THPers tee it up.
Definitely a goal for this year! Should be possible too as it seems there are some THPers somewhat near by

The communication is friendly. People here respect each other's opinions. And there is no know-it-all forum manager who thinks he speaks with the authority of God like there is on the another well-known forum.

Last edited:
It's gotta be the people and the camaraderie. I've never been so engaged with a forum before. I'm usually just a lurker but here I find myself drawn in. I've already met and played with a few fellow THPers and cannot wait to do so again very soon.
Other than that, I think it's safe to say that I'm addicted to THP :p

As an OEM with nearly 20 years in the golf business, the interaction from THP has been amazing for our continued product development and improvements.

There’s no other community out there who provides genuine honest feedback while being respectful of what we’re trying to achieve. Hands down the best group to be a part of.

I used to cringe when hearing constructive criticism but THP has made me embrace.

Thank you!
We appreciate you, Rod. And, to be honest, the manufacturer interaction on this site that is just the cherry on top of a great community of people. From that aspect, you've been one of the best that I've seen since I've been here. I hope your interaction with us has been fruitful. I know a lot of us are Claw glove users for life because of, not only a great product, but the sweat equity that you invest in our forum. When it came time to buy a travel bag for my first ever "guys golf trip", I didn't even shop around. I went straight to your site and ordered. You wanna know why? Because I KNEW that if I had any issues that I could reach out to you and you would take care of it. Looking forward to many purchases from you in the future, my friend. Best of luck with everything. 👊

We appreciate you, Rod. And, to be honest, the manufacturer interaction on this site that is just the cherry on top of a great community of people. From that aspect, you've been one of the best that I've seen since I've been here. I hope your interaction with us has been fruitful. I know a lot of us are Claw glove users for life because of, not only a great product, but the sweat equity that you invest in our forum. When it came time to buy a travel bag for my first ever "guys golf trip", I didn't even shop around. I went straight to your site and ordered. You wanna know why? Because I KNEW that if I had any issues that I could reach out to you and you would take care of it. Looking forward to many purchases from you in the future, my friend. Best of luck with everything. 👊
Thanks so much @robrandalgz!

THP has allowed us to fast track everything from marketing ideas to product revisions that previously took us years to improve based on relevant customer feedback.

I wish we would have been a part of this community years earlier as there's no doubt THP would have improved our business across the board like it has now.
Thank you!

For one, it beats working for a living. I THP during work from home a lot.

What separates it from other golf forums IMO is the lack of elitism on here. On a lot of other golf forums, there's maybe half a dozen "top" members who play near scratch, post online all day, and just crap on everyone else's opinion. You could say the sky is blue, and they'd quote you and say it would be green if you didn't have an over-the-top swing move. THP forum stays a lot more low key than that, and people kind of realize that all of us golfers are running our own race. There's more fun and genuine enthusiasm for the game, rather than dudes playing Internet Comic Book Guy and trying to prove their golf superiority.

1642305749302.png

For one, it beats working for a living. I THP during work from home a lot.

What separates it from other golf forums IMO is the lack of elitism on here. On a lot of other golf forums, there's maybe half a dozen "top" members who play near scratch, post online all day, and just crap on everyone else's opinion. You could say the sky is blue, and they'd quote you and say it would be green if you didn't have an over-the-top swing move. THP forum stays a lot more low key than that, and people kind of realize that all of us golfers are running our own race. There's more fun and genuine enthusiasm for the game, rather than dudes playing Internet Comic Book Guy and trying to prove their golf superiority.

View attachment 9060218
This.

I love the banter and 1,000,000 different threads to have fun in. I can go from a driver discussion to food to football to fishing....I love it.

Back