What is the best driver you have ever gamed? Brand, shaft, lengh & swing type.

my current BioCell+ with matrix red-tie (stiff; stock length). Absolute beauty to hit.

Ping G25 with stock TFC shaft at 44.5 length. Since dropping the stock length from 45.75 I have been hitting a straight to slight draw with my driver.

Yonex Rekin Super II 9 degree Pro Spec (extra stiff) with I believe a 45 inch graphite/boron shaft made by Yonex. I LOVED that driver and it's the only one which I have 400 plus yard drives (two to be exact). I recently found a brand new 7 degree for a buddy (eBay for $3.00 plus shipping) as he hits a higher ball than me but no 9 degree Pro Specs have been on sale for a long time. The 3 wood is killer too.

For me it was a Cleveland classic XL paired with a Matrix red tie shaft. I cannot find anything to top the consistency and distance I got from that.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Smashed my personal long drive on Sunday ~355-360 yard, no wind, not downhill, no helping factors- just absolutely murdered a perfect draw with my current setup. Its my favorite setup I've ever hit, not because of length but just because its consistent. Average about 300-310. SP around 115-117.

Its a 910D2 8.5 with a Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 X Flex at 45 1/2"

Right now it's a tie between my Titleist 913 D2 and my Srixon z525. Followed by a close third of Cobra Amp Cell. All have Matrix Black Tie 7m3 or 6m3 X-stiff in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still looking for my keeper...

Right now it's a tie between my Titleist 913 D2 and my Srixon z525. Followed by a close third of Cobra Amp Cell. All have Matrix Black Tie 7m3 or 6m3 X-stiff in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cobra Amp Cell is the best driver I have owned to date.

8.5 TM 200 steel with s90 shaft

RBZ original, Matrix Xcon 5, 45 inch, Straight ball flight, Golf Pride Midsize Grip.
20150618_132253_zpsh6x3cw4k.jpg

Last edited:
Really liking my fly z+ with graphite design tour ad di 6x. It was an impulse buy, but is longer and straighter for me than my bio cell. Plays at 44.75 inches.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I miss my black R1, I really liked that driver. I got more distance out of the SLDR, but also had a problem with hooks. I bet I could find another one at a good price now.

Stock G30 with the Tour 65 shaft, cranked up to 11.5˚. If I do my part it's a bomber.

Last edited:
Definitely what's in my bag now, a 2007 919 THI wishon head, 9 degrees, on a 46 inch stiff Enzo Tour Pro 5, with a ribbed Yamaha ultra light grip. The swingweight is E1. My SS is from 95 to 100. I've tested it against many other drivers for a couple of years now and it remains unbeaten.

What's doubly sweet is that I conceptualized, designed and assembled it out of several parts from several pro shops, all to the tune of 150 dollars. Sweet.

I changed my JetSpeed driver's shaft yesterday..... and I tested it at golf course today with great results : straight, long flight , and the most satifying is the sound. It sounds like Titleist drivers ..... a cracking tick sound just from shaft change :D !!

20150928_145118_zpsnz1qp2bj.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I don't want to say the original Nike SQ (square) with stock made for Diamana - but I will. A consistently straight driver. The other SQs were not good.

Bobby Jones Black - nice driver no one heard about - consistent, straight, easy. (2104)

I think the best of the bunch will be the new Great Big Bertha - extraordinarily forgiving and long.

Back